Darlington V Guiseley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Guiseley

Post by JE93 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:37 am

Got the job done yesterday and definitely some pleasing elements to the game. Cassidy getting a goal that his all round play has deserved over the last couple of weeks. Lambert coming in and playing well, Mondal and Cooper getting their first goals. But still the frustration of conceding a goal. We really need to start taking pride in clean sheets and defending.

But atleast we got the Job done and the points. Much tougher test coming up against Kettering next Saturday, who with Paul Cox in charge will give us similar aerial tests to Southport. Let's hope Ellos is back and available and George Smith too.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Darlington V Guiseley

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Much needed win.

Swings and roundabouts re how we and other teams are squad wise at match time in this league.

I pray we get Ellis signed up to a contract asap.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:04 pm

Spyman wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 am

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
[/quote]That's the Echo, not DFC. DFC said in an article on its website that Ellis is injured. Maybe they could tell us what exactly he's injured, but does it matter?

It was also confirmed in an interview with Ellis published on the DFC website that he'd signed on non contract terms and was hoping to earn a contract, so again, completely transparent from the club.

If other teams are looking at him, that's not really for the club to comment on, just as him going on holiday isn't for the club to comment on. They'd only be fuelling rumours and speculation by doing so.

[/quote]

Surely the point is that the club have said Ellis is injured and supporters are wanting to know how long he is likely to be out. The lack of any information is puzzling because normally something is said and the club have been forthcoming about Smith’s injury.
Why if he has gone on holiday would the club say he is injured? Surely they would just tell the truth. Would be really disappointing if he has gone on holiday and the club have lied about it. That would be a breach of trust and potentially damage the relationship between the club and supporters who are after all the majority shareholders.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:10 pm

"the supporters are wanting to know how long he's likely to be out"

Are they? Maybe it's not easy to put a date on it. Why say anything until they have a better idea?

If he's injured, why not go on holiday? That's his business, not yours or mine, and not really the club's either if he's not contracted and can't play because he's injured.

Your stirring up drama unnecessarily. Seems to me there's nothing much for the club to say. They've told us he's injured, nothing beyond that really matters.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:22 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:04 pm
Spyman wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 am

That's the Echo, not DFC. DFC said in an article on its website that Ellis is injured. Maybe they could tell us what exactly he's injured, but does it matter?

It was also confirmed in an interview with Ellis published on the DFC website that he'd signed on non contract terms and was hoping to earn a contract, so again, completely transparent from the club.

If other teams are looking at him, that's not really for the club to comment on, just as him going on holiday isn't for the club to comment on. They'd only be fuelling rumours and speculation by doing so.

[/quote]

Surely the point is that the club have said Ellis is injured and supporters are wanting to know how long he is likely to be out. The lack of any information is puzzling because normally something is said and the club have been forthcoming about Smith’s injury.
Why if he has gone on holiday would the club say he is injured? Surely they would just tell the truth. Would be really disappointing if he has gone on holiday and the club have lied about it. That would be a breach of trust and potentially damage the relationship between the club and supporters who are after all the majority shareholders.
[/quote]
The only two interviews I can find on the Darlo website with Ellis neither seem to mention contract at all? Is there a third interview you've seen or do I need to go for a hearing test?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:28 pm

Spyman wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:10 pm
"the supporters are wanting to know how long he's likely to be out"

Are they? Maybe it's not easy to put a date on it. Why say anything until they have a better idea?

If he's injured, why not go on holiday? That's his business, not yours or mine, and not really the club's either if he's not contracted and can't play because he's injured.

Your stirring up drama unnecessarily. Seems to me there's nothing much for the club to say. They've told us he's injured, nothing beyond that really matters.

Certainly not trying to stir up drama just would like some official information. It is not unusual for an update on a player’s injury and a likely return date to action is it ?

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Ellis took a nasty knock near the end of the Chorley match but played on until the end when maybe he should have gone off so he had definitely had an injury. In his PMI Alun said he hoped he’d be back next week. George Smith said yesterday he expected to be back for Chester away in 2 weeks.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:20 pm

That's is exactly what I understood re both Ellis and Smith. Seems people are asking to know more and club are not communicating etc, but they cant be listening to what is actually been said on the interviews. Seems strange?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:34 pm

50 years wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:20 pm
That's is exactly what I understood re both Ellis and Smith. Seems people are asking to know more and club are not communicating etc, but they cant be listening to what is actually been said on the interviews. Seems strange?
All that AA actually said in his interview was “Hopefully Danny will be back next week “. There was no mention of why he has been missing. I know people will be getting sick of this discussion but I am simply stating that there has been no clear explanation of the reason for his absence. Maybe no body else cares but I just do not know why the mystery about this injury?
I will say no more on the subject.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:43 pm

I don’t see why so many suspect a coverup or conspiracy when a player is unavailable.

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:27 pm

Beano wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:43 pm
I don’t see why so many suspect a coverup or conspiracy when a player is unavailable.
There was the same strange rumours a few weeks back when Kal Griffiths missed a game!

People ‘in the know’ were saying he was missing the game as he was coaching and under 9’s girls side, and he was definitely not injured - in actual fact he was stood on the balcony watching the game and was injured

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:33 am

Beano wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:43 pm
What is more bizarre is that people hear 3 or 4 different stories...and believe that means the official line is wrong but without any real credibility behind any of the alternatives...and then expect the club to put to bed rumours.

It's almost like once the rumours start they won't be happy unless club confirms one is true, until that point they believe it is a cover up.