Relegation places

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Relegation places

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:28 pm

The National League have clarified only one side will get relegated from our division this season.

Hopefully it won’t be an issue for us, but it makes the chances of going down much slimmer. Perhaps a good sense of timing for us with this being a transitional season for us.

League expands to 24 teams with four going down from next season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JE93

Re: Relegation places

Post by JE93 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Beat me to it Gramps, copying my post from another thread:

I see the FA have confirmed they're going ahead with the restructure of divisions to get the 2 step 2 divisions up to 24 clubs apiece and fill in the gaps in the pyramid left by Bury etc al. As such, just 1 team each will be relegated from the NLN and the NLS at the end of this season. Although I wonder if that will actually just be 1 from the NLN and none from the NLS as the NLS already only has 21 teams.

Meanwhile 8 new clubs with join from Step 3 across the NLN and NLS, based on the fact we seem very much midtable atm atleast we'll have a fair few fresh games and grounds to visit next season.

Darlogramps

Relegation places

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:45 pm

JE93 wrote:Beat me to it Gramps, copying my post from another thread:

I see the FA have confirmed they're going ahead with the restructure of divisions to get the 2 step 2 divisions up to 24 clubs apiece and fill in the gaps in the pyramid left by Bury etc al. As such, just 1 team each will be relegated from the NLN and the NLS at the end of this season. Although I wonder if that will actually just be 1 from the NLN and none from the NLS as the NLS already only has 21 teams.

Meanwhile 8 new clubs with join from Step 3 across the NLN and NLS, based on the fact we seem very much midtable atm atleast we'll have a fair few fresh games and grounds to visit next season.
I think we’ll still see one go down from NLS.

43 teams at the moment across the two divisions. Two relegated and four promoted leaves 37.

Three teams relegated from National League, plus eight promoted equals 48.

Although I suspect we’ll have more longer trips next season. At least two Midlands teams will be promoted (Top 2 in the Southern League Central currently are Peterborough Sports and Coalville). And it looks likely the majority of sides coming down from the National League will go into the NLS. So we might end up with an Oxford City being moved across.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:12 pm

An extra 4 games per season doesn’t sound a lot but it will mean more night games and put more emphasis on having a strong squad. Also 4 relegation places will certainly make it more competitive in the bottom half of the league as the season progresses. All in all should be interesting.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:29 pm

JE93 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:34 pm
Beat me to it Gramps, copying my post from another thread:

Bit more clarification from Ollie Bayliss

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 77831?s=20

1 team going down, could give a number of sides in the lower half of table the change to look to the future in the last few games of the season as they will have nothing left to play for this season as they should be safe for relegation. A chance to blood a few younger players from academies etc

however as Old Git says, it will be very different next season onwards as 4 down will leave a lot of clubs worrying until the end of the season

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:28 pm

Why does it say 1 extra place in Step 2 due to Bury FC?

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am

With everyone below us (except gloucester) having games in hand it is likely we will move closer to the bottom especially if we do not obtained 3pts each against Guiseley and Chester need a battling performance from somewhere

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:37 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:28 pm
Why does it say 1 extra place in Step 2 due to Bury FC?
I've lost track of who is replacing Bury/ Macclesfield.

Assume Bury already been replaced in the EFL and NL when Macclesfield ceased trading?

In which case the step 2 gap was due to Bury and the step 1 gap is Macclesfield.