Kettering v Darlo

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Wijnhard's_Schlong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:52 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:21 pm

The Kettering Town account that is.

JE93
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by JE93 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:27 pm


Emdubya
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by Emdubya » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:20 pm
Highlights now up on YouTube
Another example of how lucky we are to have the media team we have. :thumbup:

Yarblockos
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:59 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 pm
Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:20 pm
Highlights now up on YouTube
Another example of how lucky we are to have the media team we have. :thumbup:
Indeed. And I take back everything I said about Quaker TV being biased.

tdk1
Posts: 2209
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by tdk1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Those highlights are a real treat for fans of randomly selected snippets of football matches.

Enjoyed the suggestion that Kyle Perry nearly had his shirt ripped off, which he seems more than capable of doing by himself with his gut.

feethamslad
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by feethamslad » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm

We sure are lucky to have Kev and the team that do our media! What poor editing. Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Rivers just before the penalty.

edited - mistakenly identified Lambert rather than Rivers
Last edited by feethamslad on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjljks
Posts: 2363
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by jjljks » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:17 am

feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
We sure are lucky to have Kev and the team that do our media! What poor editing. Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Spot on. The highlights were so disjointed I thought my internet was playing up. Great goal from Lambert & generally a well- disciplined team performance despite provocation from KTFC (or should that be KFC, the obvious sponsor of Perry)?

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am

feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
Yarblockos wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:59 pm
Indeed. And I take back everything I said about Quaker TV being biased.
Perhaps the full commentary stream was worse but I heard that it was a deserved goal when we took the lead, that Kettering were poor, that Kettering needed to stop committing fouls in promising areas as it put them under pressure and they called the penalty before it was even blown, the only derogatory thing said about us was that our opener was our first shot on goal - this is consistent with what people said on here - our own fans said we weren't great in the first half.

There was a thought Perry was elbowed but it is off the footage. Reality is I suspect there were raised arms and Perry tried one on - football fans generally still seem to think that touching someone in the face is a red card though - they forget that the act has to be violent and with brutality to warrant a red. Had it been the other way I suspect the shouts would have been almost identical.

As for the shirt pull it was a clear shirt pull with Perry the wrong side of him, the offside was actually incorrect. Perry made no impact on an opponent's ability to play the ball so reality is the foul should have been given. I mean Perry was never getting anywhere near it regardless but it was still a shirt pull. There is some embellishment of the description but I don't think it was particularly harmful...as some have said there wasn't much give left in Perry's shirt.

The footage wasnt cut as professionally as ours but we do have the benefit of people who are skilled, which we are basically lucky.

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:06 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am
feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
I think he means the tackle on Rivers - which was the most blatant red card you could ever see.

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:00 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:06 am
I think he means the tackle on Rivers - which was the most blatant red card you could ever see.
Can see a justification on the pace and distance side of it, but the reality point of contact is below the ball of the ankle, he is sliding not off the floor and the contact is glancing rather than full contact.

It's a definite yellow like, it would be a harsh red as an isolated tackle - but there are other factors which could nudge it up depending on the tempo / heat of the game at the time. I do think if compared with Wheatley's cautions against Chester and Southport they were closer to red cards than that one.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by loan_star » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am

There was a thought Perry was elbowed but it is off the footage. Reality is I suspect there were raised arms and Perry tried one on

As for the shirt pull it was a clear shirt pull with Perry the wrong side of him, the offside was actually incorrect.
Were you actually there?
Cassidy did not elbow Perry. Perry actually shoved Cassidy who then shoved him back shoulder to shoulder, Perry going down like a big fucking pansy.
And as for the offside, if you aren't level with the linesman then how can you say it was incorrect? Was he flagging against Perry or someone else?

feethamslad
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by feethamslad » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:50 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:06 am
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am
feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
I think he means the tackle on Rivers - which was the most blatant red card you could ever see.
Yes my mistake - should have said Rivers (have now amended my original post). We were sat in the stand quite close to the incident and thought it should have been a straight red card.

feethamslad
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by feethamslad » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:52 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am
feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
Yarblockos wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:59 pm
Indeed. And I take back everything I said about Quaker TV being biased.
My mistake - should have said Rivers not Lambert - have now edited my original post. We thought that this should have been a straight red card. Horrendous tackle.

darlo2001uk
Posts: 1368
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:24 pm

feethamslad wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:50 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:06 am
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am
feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
I think he means the tackle on Rivers - which was the most blatant red card you could ever see.
Yes my mistake - should have said Rivers (have now amended my original post). We were sat in the stand quite close to the incident and thought it should have been a straight red card.
Totally agree.

johninskopje
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by johninskopje » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:44 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:24 pm
feethamslad wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:50 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:06 am
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am
feethamslad wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 pm
Note how they edited out the appalling tackle on Lambert just before the penalty.
Was it a particular highlight of the match - a foul? There was no caution for a tackle on Lambert before the penalty so assume it wasn't that stand out? Or are you perhaps showing a little bit of bias there in a perspective?
I think he means the tackle on Rivers - which was the most blatant red card you could ever see.
Yes my mistake - should have said Rivers (have now amended my original post). We were sat in the stand quite close to the incident and thought it should have been a straight red card.
Totally agree.
I was there also, and totally agree with all of this
Image

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am

loan_star wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:40 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:55 am

There was a thought Perry was elbowed but it is off the footage. Reality is I suspect there were raised arms and Perry tried one on

As for the shirt pull it was a clear shirt pull with Perry the wrong side of him, the offside was actually incorrect.
Were you actually there?
Cassidy did not elbow Perry. Perry actually shoved Cassidy who then shoved him back shoulder to shoulder, Perry going down like a big fucking pansy.
And as for the offside, if you aren't level with the linesman then how can you say it was incorrect? Was he flagging against Perry or someone else?
No, it is on the Kettering footage?

The commentator says elbow. As I said it isn't visible on the footage but my assumption, because it happens 99% of the time is there are raised arms and Perry attempts to make something of nothing - which sounds like I was bang on. There is a coming together and people see arms and then fill in the blanks themselves.

Based on the above it happened with the "red card" because I've seen the footage of that tackle and it just simply isn't.

The offside. It clearly shows the ball go out left and not a single Kettering player other than Perry make any movement towards it. You can see that Perry is in an offside position when the ball is played and is fouled. As the ball is not in playing distance of them at the time there is no offside offence committed but there is a foul - so the offside is incorrect.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:41 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am

No, it is on the Kettering footage?

The commentator says elbow. As I said it isn't visible on the footage but my assumption, because it happens 99% of the time is there are raised arms and Perry attempts to make something of nothing - which sounds like I was bang on. There is a coming together and people see arms and then fill in the blanks themselves.

Based on the above it happened with the "red card" because I've seen the footage of that tackle and it just simply isn't.

The offside. It clearly shows the ball go out left and not a single Kettering player other than Perry make any movement towards it. You can see that Perry is in an offside position when the ball is played and is fouled. As the ball is not in playing distance of them at the time there is no offside offence committed but there is a foul - so the offside is incorrect.
But you are making a presumption based on what footage you can see as well as taking the commentators word that there was an elbow.
I was there and Cassidy did not use his elbow. I know I am biased but Perry made a big thing out of nothing.
As it happens I thought Purver was lucky to stay on in another incident where he had a foot raised and fouled an opponent after already being booked, it was an offence that quite often ends up with a caution.

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:12 pm

loan_star wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:41 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am

No, it is on the Kettering footage?

The commentator says elbow. As I said it isn't visible on the footage but my assumption, because it happens 99% of the time is there are raised arms and Perry attempts to make something of nothing - which sounds like I was bang on. There is a coming together and people see arms and then fill in the blanks themselves.

Based on the above it happened with the "red card" because I've seen the footage of that tackle and it just simply isn't.

The offside. It clearly shows the ball go out left and not a single Kettering player other than Perry make any movement towards it. You can see that Perry is in an offside position when the ball is played and is fouled. As the ball is not in playing distance of them at the time there is no offside offence committed but there is a foul - so the offside is incorrect.
But you are making a presumption based on what footage you can see as well as taking the commentators word that there was an elbow.
I was there and Cassidy did not use his elbow. I know I am biased but Perry made a big thing out of nothing.
As it happens I thought Purver was lucky to stay on in another incident where he had a foot raised and fouled an opponent after already being booked, it was an offence that quite often ends up with a caution.
No I didn't I said there was a suggestion of an elbow (on the commentary) but that the reality was most likely different.

The reason I know this is because it happens probably 3 or 4 times every football match and 99% (if not more) of the time players are lieing.

Players will do anything to try and get a competitive advantage in reality - some players do it more than others as they actually love being the pantomime villain.

Yarblockos
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:01 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am
The offside. It clearly shows the ball go out left and not a single Kettering player other than Perry make any movement towards it. You can see that Perry is in an offside position when the ball is played and is fouled. As the ball is not in playing distance of them at the time there is no offside offence committed but there is a foul - so the offside is incorrect.
Is there a rule about having to be within playing distance of the ball to be offside? If you are offside and chasing after a through ball, or offside when a ball is crossed, you are offside. You don't have to be within playing distance of the ball, you just need to be making a movement towards the ball.

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:01 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:33 am
The offside. It clearly shows the ball go out left and not a single Kettering player other than Perry make any movement towards it. You can see that Perry is in an offside position when the ball is played and is fouled. As the ball is not in playing distance of them at the time there is no offside offence committed but there is a foul - so the offside is incorrect.
Is there a rule about having to be within playing distance of the ball to be offside? If you are offside and chasing after a through ball, or offside when a ball is crossed, you are offside. You don't have to be within playing distance of the ball, you just need to be making a movement towards the ball.
Yes, law 11

- interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
- interfering with an opponent by:
- preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
- challenging an opponent for the ball or
- clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
- making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

FWIW challenging an opponent is like jumping for a ball in the air (for instance).

Remember the European final thing between France and Spain. Mbappe was running onto a through ball - he was in an offside position when it was played but he was 4 or 5 yards away from the Spanish defender. Spanish defender slid to play the ball intentionally, Mbappe had no impact on this defenders ability to play the ball he play it unimpeded. He didn't make a great contact on the ball and played the ball into Mbappe's path who scored. As confirmed by FIFA and UEFA this was not offside as play reset the moment the Spanish defender intentionally played the ball, and prior to doing that he was not impeded in doing so by the attacker.

Perry did none of these things, he was pulled to the ground before he had a chance to do anything.

User avatar
loan_star
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by loan_star » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:08 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Remember the European final thing between France and Spain. Mbappe was running onto a through ball - he was in an offside position when it was played but he was 4 or 5 yards away from the Spanish defender. Spanish defender slid to play the ball intentionally, Mbappe had no impact on this defenders ability to play the ball he play it unimpeded. He didn't make a great contact on the ball and played the ball into Mbappe's path who scored. As confirmed by FIFA and UEFA this was not offside as play reset the moment the Spanish defender intentionally played the ball, and prior to doing that he was not impeded in doing so by the attacker.

Perry did none of these things, he was pulled to the ground before he had a chance to do anything.
Perry is that fat hes offside as soon as he comes on the pitch. :lol:

With regards to the offside rule, why is it then that when a player has a shot and has a team mate in an offside position, the keeper saves the shot but the ball ends up at the feet of the player who was offside, that the play isn't reset after the save? If Mbappe is offside when the ball is played but it touched a spanish defender on the way through there is no difference between the two situations in my opinion.

lo36789
Posts: 9571
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Kettering v Darlo

Post by lo36789 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Because that is a save / deflection rather than a deliberate play. Which is a specific clause.

Ultimately all the changes to offside is to present advantage to the attackers as the view is the audience tune in to see goals...and yes I have said audience and tune in deliberately...

Post Reply