Just Got Back from Chester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mario
Team Supported: Darlington

Just Got Back from Chester

Post by Mario » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Not a long journey for me to Chester today. Just got home and it's a case of glass half empty than half full I'm afraid.

A few thoughts on the performance from a Darlo perspective.

First half Darlo should have been out of sight. 1-0 up but it should have been 3-0 with 2 one-on-ones missed. Knocked the ball about nicely and spread the play well at times. Largely untroubled at the back and Cassidy and Lambert particularly good. Midfield were solid rather than spectacular and all seemed well.

Second half, first 15 minutes Darlo were sloppy, giving the ball away and not putting enough pressure on the ball. Then the second goal from a breakaway and it seemed 3 points were in the bag. After the second goal, Darlo played some very good football, keeping possession and frustrating the home fans.

Then the horror show of conceding the 2 goals. Both goals could have been avoided if a bit more responsibility was taken and were sloppy. Perhaps a lack of leadership was the problem, because after the 1st goal Darlo heads seem to drop.

I thought Cassidy and Lambert were Darlo's best players, whilst in my opinion Rivers and Dos Santos didn't do enough in possession.

Overall more positives than negatives, but definitely 2 points dropped rather than a point gained.

Quaker85

Re: Just Got Back from Chester

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:10 pm

What’s wrong with using the match thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Nothing I suppose but why make a point?

Bernie Rhodes knows

Post by Bernie Rhodes knows » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 pm

Yeah two one on ones in the first half would have fucked them right over. Griffiths cross/shot created the 2nd but he skewed an even better chance wide to put the game to bed
That goes in and we’re not talking about Chesters come back