Jake Cassidy

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tdk1
Team Supported: Darlington

Jake Cassidy

Post by tdk1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:24 am

Bit of a personal favourite of mine this season. We haven't had a player quite the same as him since Graeme Armstrong, I think. Defenders must hate playing against him, he just gets his head to absolutely everything, grafts, pops up in the right places, and is good with his feet. Four goals isn't a bad return either, to say I was thinking yesterday his role in the side doesn't necessarily demand that he scores bags of goals.

Definitely our gain and poolies' loss.

Darlogramps

Re: Jake Cassidy

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:37 am

Got to agree here. I wasn’t massively impressed when he signed but he’s been excellent this season.

He does the hard work and occupies defenders which frees up a bit more room for the likes of Charman, which was something we badly missed last season.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:44 am

tdk1 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:24 am
Bit of a personal favourite of mine this season. We haven't had a player quite the same as him since Graeme Armstrong, I think. Defenders must hate playing against him, he just gets his head to absolutely everything, grafts, pops up in the right places, and is good with his feet. Four goals isn't a bad return either, to say I was thinking yesterday his role in the side doesn't necessarily demand that he scores bags of goals.

Definitely our gain and poolies' loss.
Very much agree with you and probably our best signing of the season. He is a big part of the reason why we are averaging nearly 2 goals a game and finally starting to turn good approach play in to goals scored.
Like quite a few people I was not over excited when we signed him but he has exceeded my expectations and good on him. For me, alongside Tommy Taylor and Will Hatfield he is a must to start week in and week out. His true worth to the team might become more apparent if he gets injured or suspended and we have to play without him.

Mario

Post by Mario » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am

Absolutely brilliant yesterday at Chester. He terrorised both their centre-halves. Won nearly everything in the air and held the ball up really well and linked up with his team-mates.

Best player on the pitch for Darlo at Chester.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:15 pm

won mom from the supporter's bus.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:35 pm

Quakerz may have called it when he compared him to Liam Hatch, who was a fairly underwhelming signing for us when he joined having had a pretty unsuccessful spell at Peterborough and was expected to be no more than a physical presence. Hatch turned out be a fantastic signing, a fan favourite, and a real 100%er who scored some very important goals for the club.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

He has really given us a different option this season. How many times did we struggle to break teams down last season? Great at keeping possession but never able to break through sides who sat back, especially at home. Now we have an option and its helped us become a lot more direct and a lot less predictable.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Yeah, i've also been surprised. I was a solid 'meh' and expected him to be a bit-part change of pace when we couldn't use Charman or Nelson. He's turned into a vital player.