Next seasons kit

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
JE93
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Next seasons kit

Post by JE93 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:03 pm


JE93
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by JE93 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Credit to Joma think there's some decent kits in there also nice touch with the DFC on the back of the neck.

Tough choice but think Home 2 and Away 3 for me. (Love the red away kit but think red is one of the most popular home kit colours in the league so get to wear it less).

bga
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by bga » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:22 pm

When does the vote for "Player of the Season" open! I understand that there are deadlines with regards to shirt manufacture, delivery etc but personally I think this vote is a bit early.

Darlo Dodger
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:28 pm

JE93 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:12 pm
Credit to Joma think there's some decent kits in there also nice touch with the DFC on the back of the neck.

Tough choice but think Home 2 and Away 3 for me. (Love the red away kit but think red is one of the most popular home kit colours in the league so get to wear it less).
Home 2 and Away 3 for me too.

tdk1
Posts: 2207
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by tdk1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:16 pm

I'd say home 1 and away 1. Not that keen on this year's standard hoops option

Darlogramps
Posts: 5695
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:05 pm

bga wrote:When does the vote for "Player of the Season" open! I understand that there are deadlines with regards to shirt manufacture, delivery etc but personally I think this vote is a bit early.
Club explained this during the survey a few weeks back:

“In line with many industries at present supply chain challenges mean, in conjunction with our kit partner Joma, have decided to bring forward the kit vote for next season to the end of October. This will give Joma the necessary additional time to ensure the kits for 2022/23 season are designed, manufactured and delivered for summer 2022.”

Given that fans complained this season’s kit was delivered too late, we can’t now be complaining they’re trying to deliver them too promptly, particularly given the supply chain issues reported in the press.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

bga
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by bga » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:05 pm
bga wrote:When does the vote for "Player of the Season" open! I understand that there are deadlines with regards to shirt manufacture, delivery etc but personally I think this vote is a bit early.
Club explained this during the survey a few weeks back:

“In line with many industries at present supply chain challenges mean, in conjunction with our kit partner Joma, have decided to bring forward the kit vote for next season to the end of October. This will give Joma the necessary additional time to ensure the kits for 2022/23 season are designed, manufactured and delivered for summer 2022.”

Given that fans complained this season’s kit was delivered too late, we can’t now be complaining they’re trying to deliver them too promptly, particularly given the supply chain issues reported in the press.
Noted thanks my comment above posted out of ignorance apologies.

H1987
Posts: 1865
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by H1987 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 pm

I'm torn between 2 and 3 for the home. I do like classic hoops, but I've no issue with varying the hoop based designs, and the third one here is a bit weird somehow (I think it's the white sleeves). 1 all the way for away though.

Heaton out
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Heaton out » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Vote done - 2 & 2 for me, strangely early, which has been been explained above but decent options in my opinion.

Fatty eats roadkill
Posts: 3641
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 7:31 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: On top of a 29 year old big chested woman

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 am

I’ve gone Pua black hoops and the yellow away, not that anyone listens to me
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by TKOA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 am

Whoever is voting for 1 and 2 wants their eyes testing. They look like they are inside out!

All the away options look good though.

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by beatroute66 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 am

TKOA wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 am
Whoever is voting for 1 and 2 wants their eyes testing. They look like they are inside out!

All the away options look good though.
I voted for #1 on home options and my eyesight is immaculate... ;)

Darlopartisan
Posts: 1121
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:20 am

Numbers 3 and 2 for me👍

norwich darlo
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:19 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:18 am
I’ve gone Pua black hoops and the yellow away, not that anyone listens to me
I have.

User avatar
TKOA
Posts: 778
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:59 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Manchester

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by TKOA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:12 am

beatroute66 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:16 am
TKOA wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 am
Whoever is voting for 1 and 2 wants their eyes testing. They look like they are inside out!

All the away options look good though.
I voted for #1 on home options and my eyesight is immaculate... ;)
The more I look at that shirt the more it looks like the same material as an onion bag! Maybe it’s me who needs my eyes testing? :D

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1977
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:21 pm

I have too! I just love those hoops. I remember trying to get hooped socks for my lads to be mascots back in the day. Couldn't find them anywhere except a small sports shop in Widnes as Widnes RLFC wore them. As for the yellow away we had a fanzine just like watching Brazil for a while run by a lad Chris? who I sat next to at Leeds away if my memory serves me correctly........but it might not!!

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11942
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Spyman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 pm

I've gone 1 and 1.

3 will win the home vote though, especially as we've had a year off hoops this season.

I think 1 will win the away vote especially now that yellow has been introduced this season as our third kit. We've not had a red kit for a few years now (since that burgundy one that I loved, but didn't buy. Always regretted that).
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks
Posts: 2358
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by jjljks » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:04 pm

Don't know what to choose but if possible, leave space for some embroidery like "FA Trophy winners" or "NLN Champions 2021/22" :thumbup:

User avatar
beatroute66
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:46 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Ingleby Barwick

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by beatroute66 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 pm
I've gone 1 and 1.

3 will win the home vote though, especially as we've had a year off hoops this season.

I think 1 will win the away vote especially now that yellow has been introduced this season as our third kit. We've not had a red kit for a few years now (since that burgundy one that I loved, but didn't buy. Always regretted that).
You've saved me a post, there.

But I did buy the burgundy shirt, mind... ;)

onewayup
Posts: 2176
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by onewayup » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:26 pm

3and 3 for me, close look give different aspect to the design. For the home 3 :thumbup:

H1987
Posts: 1865
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by H1987 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:44 am

Spyman wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 pm
I've gone 1 and 1.

3 will win the home vote though, especially as we've had a year off hoops this season.

I think 1 will win the away vote especially now that yellow has been introduced this season as our third kit. We've not had a red kit for a few years now (since that burgundy one that I loved, but didn't buy. Always regretted that).
Surely the red and black hoops counts as red? That was only two years ago

Old Git
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by Old Git » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Results are in. Shirt No 3 the traditional hoops option is the home shirt and the away choice is option 1 the red one.

lo36789
Posts: 9563
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by lo36789 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:33 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:29 pm
I've gone 1 and 1.
Did the same but always expected 3 to win the home vote. Away kit looks nice though.

MikeinBlack2
Posts: 1645
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 am
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Stockton-on-Tees

Re: Next seasons kit

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:15 am

I went 1 and 1 as I quite like the red trim. Not at all surprised that 3 won the home vote. I like the red away kit.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Post Reply