Darlo v Gloucester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Gloucester

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:06 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:35 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:51 am
, interested to know the game in Brumagum. Which league at least
The league would answer the game tbh only one game at St Andrews last Wednesday haha.
Had no idea you were at league level. Was thinking on the lines of the Southern league etc.
My apologies,

Feethams 1965

Post by Feethams 1965 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:45 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 am
Just watched the highlights - that refereeing performance was even worse than I thought at the time. The Cassidy incident is just mind blowing - he's looking right at it! If he thought it wasn't a red card, I could understand it. There's an element of subjectivity in that. But to give a foul against Cassidy? I try to give refs the benefit of the doubt - maybe he went down easily, maybe it looked a fair challenge from where he was stood etc etc. But that decision I can't possibly think how he's given a free kick to Gloucester. He deserves to be demoted just for that decision, but no doubt we will see him again at Blackwell Meadows this season. Hopefully next time he wont be as weak or inept as he was on Saturday.
Who would be a referee? Even if you give a faultless performance you could never please everybody. You'd be in an invidious position all the time. Therefore referees have my sympathy. Sadly the unfortunate gentleman on Saturday seemed to get so much wrong it was clear for all to see. I did inform the linesman that perhaps he should have stepped up to the job but I suspect he pretended not to hear!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:06 am

The club are appealing for the person who threw liquid at a Gloucester player to come forward to explain their actions. I understand that the club have to investigate this if a complaint has been made, but really are the players of today so soft that this is a big deal. It looked to me like the person concerned flicked some water in the direction of a Gloucester player during the incident when Rivers was floored near the Tin Shed. Don’t think a bottle was thrown, although impossible to be certain from where I was stood. Hope the fan involved doesn’t get a ban for this as I think it was probably a spur of the moment reaction and simply an act of frustration.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Old Git wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:06 am
The club are appealing for the person who threw liquid at a Gloucester player to come forward to explain their actions. I understand that the club have to investigate this if a complaint has been made, but really are the players of today so soft that this is a big deal. It looked to me like the person concerned flicked some water in the direction of a Gloucester player during the incident when Rivers was floored near the Tin Shed. Don’t think a bottle was thrown, although impossible to be certain from where I was stood. Hope the fan involved doesn’t get a ban for this as I think it was probably a spur of the moment reaction and simply an act of frustration.
Depends what was the liquid was.

I suspect that is what needs to be explained - unfortunately it's not always what it says on the tin.

Concern will be that it was filtered through a human's digestive system first.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:37 pm

That's a pisstake, surely... unless it's a Boro fan....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... er-bottle/

Feethams 1965

Post by Feethams 1965 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Sadly things have always been thrown on the pitch. As far back as the sixties it was toilet rolls whenever we scored, and seat cushions from the West Stand when things weren't going so well (yes people did bring cushions in those days to make the wooden benches more comfortable). We were even encouraged to chuck coins at people carrying the four corners of a blanket for financial appeals. You could argue that things have moved on...
Or maybe not.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Remember our game at Fylde a few seasons back when that club was selling beer to anyone (whether drunk, sober, very young or old) all the way through the game and let people take it onto the terraces. Their keeper seemed to get showered in beer shampoos... at least it looked like beer!
Last edited by LoidLucan on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:56 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:38 pm
Remember our game at Fylde a few seasons back when that club was selling beer to anyone (whether drunk, sober, very young or old) all the way through the game and let people take it onto the terraces. Their keeper seem to get showered in beer shampoos... at least it looked like beer!
Yes, I remember it. Some poor behaviour from a number of Darlo fans and a right pasting on the pitch.

From behind the goal you got an idea of the blistering pace that they (Fylde) attacked with, they were hot!!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!