I'm back

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: I'm back

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:40 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:32 pm
So, if you were both at the magic weekend why wasn't there a meeting?
Quite simply because the specific details I gave as to where and when I would be, (which are still there to view on the rugby thread), did not get to Pete as he could not access the site. You may note if you look, I have already given details (as best I can), for next years event which is back to its normal earlier in the year time spot.
Yet again, I would hope he pays up to the charity what he owes for last years bet before that point.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:13 am

Not wishing to labour the point but Pete said he couldn't access the forum since September. Wasn't the magic weekend in July?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 pm

Because Ed was sending me private messages about where to meet him which I was unable to read, as I was logged out of the MB, Rob put a message on here to say that I was unable to gain access to my pm's & Ted said the bar we could meet at, but not the time. My son came with him and I booked a game of crazy golf in the city centre, so got to the bar well after Ed had already gone into the ground to watch the rugby.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:15 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:13 am
Not wishing to labour the point but Pete said he couldn't access the forum since September. Wasn't the magic weekend in July?
It's normally held in July, but because of covid it was moved to September.
Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:15 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
It's normally held in September, but because of covid it was moved to September.
Is it just me?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:15 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
It's normally held in September, but because of covid it was moved to September.
Is it just me?
One of the worst things about this site is that when someone makes what is obviously a genuine mistake people jump all over it to show how clever they are.
Magic is normally held every JULY. Better?

Being very blunt, I want this meeting so that I can tell certain people can shut the **** up, but I am not prepared to go as far as to give ANYONE the satisfaction of changing what I do in my life to satisfy them.
Magic is something Pete and I normally attend so are in the same area at the same time, while on many match days I am already in Hull, and I do not visit Darlo very often now. Thus Magic weekend is a convenient time for it to happen as far as I am concerned.
Pete said above I did not give him a set time to be in the bar, which is correct, but anyone who reads this thread often should know I am there for all 6 matches so would have left the bar before kick-off for the first match. Many, however, like Pete, go only to watch their clubs game.
You pays your money and takes your pick.

Pete, if you are off work on the 11th Feb the offer still stands to pick you up and you can use my spare seat for our home game v Wigwam.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:11 pm

What's the magic weekend? Does it come with a happy ending?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:27 am

Spyman wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:11 pm
What's the magic weekend? Does it come with a happy ending?

A happy ending?
That depends on the last game and if KR beat the black and white bastards !!!

As to the other question, if serious and you do not know, all 12 SL teams come together at 1 venue and play an extra league match over the "Magic" weekend.

The formula used for deciding fixtures is 1st v 3rd, 2nd v 4th, 5th v 7th, 6th v 8th, 9th v 11th and 10th v 12th.

Ticket information
Tickets for the 2022 Magic Weekend will go on sale from 9am on Monday 29 November via superleague.co.uk. Or all clubs, which is better for them as the clubs keep all money from tickets sold, while the RFL keep 75% of the money for tickets they sell and only 25% is shared between the 12 clubs.

Season ticket holders can claim a 50% discount on their tickets when purchased via the club. At KR as a pass holder and a concession, I pay only £10 for the entire 6 games

Fixtures
SATURDAY 9 JULY

Wakefield Trinity v Toulouse Olympique (1430)

St Helens v Wigan Warriors (1645)

Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (1900)

SUNDAY 10 JULY

Huddersfield Giants v Salford Red Devils (1300)

Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves (1515)

Hull KR v Hull FC (1730)

I do not see how anyone could ever say that 6 matches from £40 for adult paying spectators does not constitute very good value for money.

Darlogramps

I'm back

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:24 am

So let’s get this right. Despite being exactly like Ted, Ed says he isn’t Ted. So he wants us to believe there are two Brexit-voting, Hull KR-supporting, mobility scooter-using Darlington fans who know Darlo_Pete and expressed knowledge on Solihull Moors at exactly the same time in two different places.

And in order to prove he’s not Ted, he decides ONLY Darlo_Pete (a man so feckless and gullible Ted managed to convince him he was dead) can be trusted to reveal the truth.

Not Robsraiders or comeondarlo, who they both speak with on the Rugby League thread. Nope, it has to be Darlo_Pete. They tried a Zoom but mysteriously there were convenient technical issues.

So they arranged to meet in person. But the only place they can apparently meet is at the rugby league at St James’ Park. Yet mysteriously Darlo_Pete got locked out of this website and couldn’t read the meeting details just before then (even though Ed/Ted posted it on the Rugby League thread for all to see).

And now Pete says he would have met Ted there but was too busy playing Crazy Golf, and neither of them have phones apparently as they couldn’t ring each other to see where the other was.

All sounds perfectly plausible and in no way is it absolute bullshit.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:40 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:24 am
So let’s get this right. Despite being exactly like Ted, Ed says he isn’t Ted. So he wants us to believe there are two Brexit-voting, Hull KR-supporting, mobility scooter-using Darlington fans who know Darlo_Pete and expressed knowledge on Solihull Moors at exactly the same time in two different places.

And in order to prove he’s not Ted, he decides ONLY Darlo_Pete (a man so feckless and gullible Ted managed to convince him he was dead) can be trusted to reveal the truth.

Not Robsraiders or comeondarlo, who they both speak with on the Rugby League thread. Nope, it has to be Darlo_Pete. They tried a Zoom but mysteriously there were convenient technical issues.

So they arranged to meet in person. But the only place they can apparently meet is at the rugby league at St James’ Park. Yet mysteriously Darlo_Pete got locked out of this website and couldn’t read the meeting details just before then (even though Ed/Ted posted it on the Rugby League thread for all to see).

And now Pete says he would have met Ted there but was too busy playing Crazy Golf, and neither of them have phones apparently as they couldn’t ring each other to see where the other was.

Tbf you raise some good points, btw I have absolutely no desire to meet Ted

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

That’s give me a laugh :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:53 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Don’t blame you. I’m just interested as to why Ed has naturally gravitated towards Darlo_Pete (given we know Ted Forster and Pete have previous).

Of all the people on this board, he chooses Darlo_Pete, a man previously duped by Ted into believing Ted was dead.

All just a massive coincidence I presume….

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Ha ha thats so funny but true. See my previous posts are ed and Pete the same guy, would not surprise me if they were
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Sorry to disappoint you but Pete definitely isn't Ted, he doesn't fit with the tick list provided by Gramps plus he goes to Darlington games.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Pete is Pete. He's known to loads of people, including me.

Are we suggesting the Pete has created Ted Forster (and his many aliases) and it's all been an elaborate lie played out over the last 20 years via this message board and various other social media platforms?

I desperately hope this is true and Pete has been laughing at us all along.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:53 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Don’t blame you. I’m just interested as to why Ed has naturally gravitated towards Darlo_Pete (given we know Ted Forster and Pete have previous).

Of all the people on this board, he chooses Darlo_Pete, a man previously duped by Ted into believing Ted was dead.

You are making up "facts" to suit your agender yet again.
I have in no way "gravitated" to Pete, nor did I "choose" him. Simple fact, no one else seems to have met Ted. If either of those you name have, then happy to meet them to prove the point???
Sid James is no way the only place we could meet. I offered more than once,(tut tut, you read the rugby thread often enough to have seen this), to go to Darlo for a coffee, and have often said I would happily pick him up to go to a KR match as my guest.
Rob is Cas fan, and I go there quite often. Happy to meet up if he knows Ted?
I have a phone. A Samsung Galaxy S4. Works perfectly as a phone which is what I bought it for. As I don't have a clue about Zoom calls it bothers me not 1 jot that my phone won't take them. Also as Pete vanished before the time and I do not have his number how would you suggest I rang him?
I believe it was Lone Star who tried to find a way around that problem of my phone being too old to work much new tech', but as far as I am aware he never did.
I suppose that in your strange world it now becomes "fact" I refused to call him.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:56 pm

I have kept out of this continuous chat about Ed/Ted for a long time, I go on The Off Topic Rugby League thread as I have my own opinions and enjoy the chat.
I know Pete and he knows me, I don't know Ed or ever met him, however he may have met me as many people know me and my position in the club, but I will say that as far as I am concerned Ted and Ed are the same person, too much evidence is available for this not to be true.

Darlogramps

I'm back

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:22 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:53 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

You are making up "facts" to suit your agender yet again.
I have in no way "gravitated" to Pete, nor did I "choose" him. Simple fact, no one else seems to have met Ted. If either of those you name have, then happy to meet them to prove the point???
Sid James is no way the only place we could meet. I offered more than once,(tut tut, you read the rugby thread often enough to have seen this), to go to Darlo for a coffee, and have often said I would happily pick him up to go to a KR match as my guest.
Rob is Cas fan, and I go there quite often. Happy to meet up if he knows Ted?
I have a phone. A Samsung Galaxy S4. Works perfectly as a phone which is what I bought it for. As I don't have a clue about Zoom calls it bothers me not 1 jot that my phone won't take them. Also as Pete vanished before the time and I do not have his number how would you suggest I rang him?
I believe it was Lone Star who tried to find a way around that problem of my phone being too old to work much new tech', but as far as I am aware he never did.
I suppose that in your strange world it now becomes "fact" I refused to call him.
Right, so you want to meet up with a bloke on the internet, who you claim to have never met before, but have attempted to meet with him on several occasions, yet not once did you try and get his number to, you know, organise things.

And you claim you’ve not gravitated towards Pete, yet have spoken with him for several years on this messageboard about rugby league in the same thread, “tried” to meet with him in Newcastle, “tried” to get on a Zoom call (but amazingly couldn’t get it to work), have invited him to a Hull KR game and even offered to drive him there. All for some bloke you claim never to have met in real life. And he’s the only person you’re willing to extend this offer to. Either it’s a bizarre attempt at grooming Darlo_Pete, or you’re outdoing Boris Johnson with your dishonesty levels.

As for the Zoom call, I mean it feels a little half-hearted. You couldn’t get Zoom on your phone so gave up. Apparently neither you or any of your family members have working laptops or smartphones. So that’s more nonsense on your part.

Anyway, I’ve no need to get involved in your little games Ted (Pete even refers to you as Ted in this thread, something he’s done before). Everyone knows who you are and everyone backs me up. You’re fooling no one (well, except Darlo_Pete - if you can drag him off the crazy golf course)!

Darlogramps

I'm back

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:26 am

Spyman wrote:Pete is Pete. He's known to loads of people, including me.

Are we suggesting the Pete has created Ted Forster (and his many aliases) and it's all been an elaborate lie played out over the last 20 years via this message board and various other social media platforms?

I desperately hope this is true and Pete has been laughing at us all along.

I mean it is actually far more plausible than some of the Laurel and Hardy-esque explanations from Pete and Ted in this thread.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:39 pm

It makes almost total sense.

Pete has always been obsessed with counting people's contributions to uncovered.

At times, uncovered has dipped in popularity. Pete creates a fictional character to stoke controversy and get people posting messages so that his post-counting hobby can continue.

Pete is just about the only person I can recall who claims to have met Ted back in the George Reynolds days. Ted's (or Ed's) escapades always involve Pete in some way.

Pete created Ted Forster and I claim my five pounds.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:24 pm

There's a few minor flaws in the Pete is Ted argument. I've never seen Pete use a mobility scooter but I haven't seen him since Trafford in the cup so perhaps things have changed and I've not heard of Ted having a round of crazy golf but these could be red herrings to put us off the scent! It's coming.....oh yes he is, oh no he isn't....

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:06 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:24 pm
There's a few minor flaws in the Pete is Ted argument. I've never seen Pete use a mobility scooter but I haven't seen him since Trafford in the cup so perhaps things have changed and I've not heard of Ted having a round of crazy golf but these could be red herrings to put us off the scent! It's coming.....oh yes he is, oh no he isn't....
Don't be so gullible. Pete dons his fat-suit and rubber mask and hops on board his mobility scooter for public appearances as TedEd.

DC

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Spyman wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:06 am
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:24 pm
Don't be so gullible. Pete dons his fat-suit and rubber mask and hops on board his mobility scooter for public appearances as TedEd.
Actually, now you mention it. I do remember Pete back in his ‘cool’ days once told me that he was into latex!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:09 am

:lol: :clap:

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 pm

........back in the New York Groove.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 pm
........back in the New York Groove.
That would be corduroy then

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Back in the rivals.net days, Uncovered had a chatroom. I once went in there to find Pete and Ted having what seemed like a private conversation, making arrangements for something or other. This was twenty years ago so I don't remember the details, but whatever it was I felt like I was interrupting something. The fact that "they" chose to have this conversation in a public forum (when they could just as easily have done it in private) lends support to the theory that Pete and Ted are one and the same.

Around the same time, Pete offered me a lift to an away game (I forget where, but I'm going to say Grimsby), which I had to decline on account of being a 12-year-old who'd been offered a lift to Grimsby by some bloke off the internet. The fact that Pete found it so bizarre that my Dad had forbidden his 12-year-old son from accompanying a middle-aged stranger on a day trip (to the point that he even poked fun at me for it when I briefly met him in person a few years later) marked him out to me as someone who was a bit detached from reality. While I'm sure that Pete's intentions were entirely generous and well-meaning, at a time chatrooms were relatively novel and online grooming was prominent in the news, you have to wonder about a person who doesn't see the issue there.

Can I imagine such a person lurking in a chatroom, logged in on two different accounts to give the impression to anybody else who happened to log in that he was in the middle of important discussions with his imaginary friend?

Maybe it's a stretch. Maybe not.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:04 pm

I hate conspiracy theories!

I’ll settle for the fact that Darlo Pete is Pete and Edjohns is Ted.
They’re just both a bit odd and we struggle to get our heads around their behaviour.

(I also don’t believe Hawkeye was ever 12, at least whilst on the various forums)

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:01 pm

The Ted debacle was later than I remembered. Checking the dates, I was 15 when that was going on! Clearly my own grasp on reality is failing too.