Spennymoor game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spennymoor game

Post by lo36789 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:36 am

Yes.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... essentials

Pages 9/10 cover it the cut off is National League Prem where suspensions are immediate.

Little known fact that I only discovered this season with the admin fee for a caution is £10 for players who are semi-pro / pro (covered by this doc) whereas it is £12 for amateur players. So that whole "It is the same for all" theory is wrong - amateur players pay more for cautions.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:49 am

onewayup wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:22 pm
One thing for certain it's going to be a feisty affair. There has to be a very strong and fair referee who takes no s*** off the spennymoor players .
Absolutely agree with you but the main difference this time is that the referee will be put under pressure by the home supporters baying for blood particularly towards Curtis and Tait. Wonder if Saturday’s ref will be aware of what happened at Spennymoor and whether that will have any subconscious effect on his performance.
Lo if you were in charge of the return game would you be tempted to watch the highlights of the first game or would you try to put it right out of your mind and try to ref the game purely as a one off event. I suspect the latter but there must be a temptation to view it to anticipate potential flash points that could happen again.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:27 am

The difference of course is that the fans are way off the referee. The Spennymoor players were right in his face.
Fans "baying for blood" as you put it is sometimes called creating an atmosphere. In my experience the atmosphere often gives the players that extra boost.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:34 pm

Sounds bad and such a shame the hooligan element is creeping into that level
https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/2021/12/ ... arlington/
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:56 pm

If they are looking for evidence of an assault I believe there is clear proof in a video and photographs.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Will the Strangler be able to play with that electronic tag on his ankle?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 pm

onewayup wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:22 pm
One thing for certain it's going to be a feisty affair. There has to be a very strong and fair referee who takes no s*** off the spennymoor players .

Some of the Spennymoor players need to realise that the way they act also influences events in the crowd. I know that Chandler was getting abuse from a number of Darlo fans 3 years ago but he was getting well paid to do his job and should act accordingly, the way he acted that day was inexcusable.

To me the Spennymoor Town players should do their talking on the pitch, play in a fair and sporting way - is that too much to ask?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:49 am
Lo if you were in charge of the return game would you be tempted to watch the highlights of the first game or would you try to put it right out of your mind and try to ref the game purely as a one off event.
Highlights are pretty pointless usually they only show goals or contentious incidents.

More concerned with how a team plays (build up from the back - aim for a big striker with goal kicks - how they set up from dead balls). That increases chances of being in the right position and the right side of a challenge to see it.

One off incidents are a bit irrelevant as they are one offs.

Most speak to those who have had the teams previously to see if there are any nuisance players to be wary of.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:15 am

lo36789 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:45 pm
Old Git wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:49 am
Lo if you were in charge of the return game would you be tempted to watch the highlights of the first game or would you try to put it right out of your mind and try to ref the game purely as a one off event.
Highlights are pretty pointless usually they only show goals or contentious incidents.

More concerned with how a team plays (build up from the back - aim for a big striker with goal kicks - how they set up from dead balls). That increases chances of being in the right position and the right side of a challenge to see it.

One off incidents are a bit irrelevant as they are one offs.

Most speak to those who have had the teams previously to see if there are any nuisance players to be wary of.
Let's hope that tomorrow's Ref has done a little bit of "homework." He will have to have been living on Mars since Boxing Day if he's not aware of what he should be looking out for!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:07 am

I've heard that one Spennymoor fan arrested for throwing bricks/rocks at Darlo fans was only 14!!!

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:42 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:07 am
I've heard that one Spennymoor fan arrested for throwing bricks/rocks at Darlo fans was only 14!!!
I doubt there is much can be done if hes only that age, probably just get a caution
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 pm

It's not even that uncommon.

Every crowd issue I've seen this season ranging from flares, homophobic remarks, missiles thrown at players and pitch invasions have been down to minors...and clubs can't even eject them from the ground as it's a safeguarding issue.
Last edited by lo36789 on Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 pm

Every crowd issue I've seen this season from flares, homophobic remarks and pitch invasions have been down to minors...and clubs can't even eject them from the ground as it's a safeguarding issue.
If trouble keeps on happening clubs could insist on under 16’s haveing to be accompanied by a adult which would be a shame as not all kids are the same but may help prevent future trouble

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:06 pm

Funny enough Oldham's security reckon that the 'kids' (u16s) were effectively being 'used' by older fans knowing they wouldn't be charged or ejected.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:16 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 pm

Every crowd issue I've seen this season from flares, homophobic remarks and pitch invasions have been down to minors...and clubs can't even eject them from the ground as it's a safeguarding issue.
If trouble keeps on happening clubs could insist on under 16’s haveing to be accompanied by a adult which would be a shame as not all kids are the same but may help prevent future trouble
Behave :lol: :lol:

That wouldn’t happen.