Darlington V Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Gateshead

Post by D_F_C » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:10 pm

Rivers was ill. Mondal didn’t play any worse than anyone else really. I don’t think he’s looked as good as I’d hoped he’d be, but he’ll be the scapegoat for some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:29 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:10 pm
Rivers was ill. Mondal didn’t play any worse than anyone else really. I don’t think he’s looked as good as I’d hoped he’d be, but he’ll be the scapegoat for some

Hardly a glowing tribute. Let’s face it he has been a major disappointment and he is not the only one. Beedon and Brandon Taylor also spring to mind.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:51 am

Old git. What are you basing your assessment of Lexus Beedon on the lad hasn't had a chance to show what he has/hasn't got. Can't be judged on so very little time spent on the field. He must have had something for AA to sign the lad remember he's only just 21. I don't know we can only trust in AAs assessment of what is out there. To bring into the club.somtimes it just doesn't work that's life.

Darlogramps

Darlington V Gateshead

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:17 am

Old Git wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

Hardly a glowing tribute. Let’s face it he has been a major disappointment and he is not the only one. Beedon and Brandon Taylor also spring to mind.
I agree with Old Git in that Mondal has been massively disappointing.

I think the fact Mondal hasn’t been on the pitch that much tells you everything about what AA thinks of him.

Sadly Mondal hasn’t been at it for a few years now. His career is coming to a crossroads and he really needs to decide if this is for him any more.

He showed potential earlier in his career but is now a squad player for a mid-table side. He may get more of an opportunity if Charman departs, particularly as Nelson’s knee is clearly more problematic than the club are letting on. It also seems AA is already in for Tyrone O’Neil again as cover.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:27 am

onewayup wrote:Old git. What are you basing your assessment of Lexus Beedon on the lad hasn't had a chance to show what he has/hasn't got. Can't be judged on so very little time spent on the field. He must have had something for AA to sign the lad remember he's only just 21. I don't know we can only trust in AAs assessment of what is out there. To bring into the club.somtimes it just doesn't work that's life.
Beeden had an opportunity at the start of the season and was, like the rest of our defence, shambolic.

The fact AA shipped him off to Billingham Town tells you everything.

I’d put money on Beeden and B.Taylor never playing for the club again.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:39 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:27 am
onewayup wrote:Old git. What are you basing your assessment of Lexus Beedon on the lad hasn't had a chance to show what he has/hasn't got. Can't be judged on so very little time spent on the field. He must have had something for AA to sign the lad remember he's only just 21. I don't know we can only trust in AAs assessment of what is out there. To bring into the club.somtimes it just doesn't work that's life.
Beeden had an opportunity at the start of the season and was, like the rest of our defence, shambolic.

Agreed. As harsh as this sounds it was clear from minute 1 of pre season that Lexus wasn’t going to be good enough. I understand the logic of his signing; young, tall, strong, but unfortunately not good enough. Worth a punt but unfortunately the gamble hasn’t paid off, perhaps due to the lack of older and more experienced centre half along side him.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:37 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:27 am

For once we are in total agreement Gramps. Happy New Year to you. Got a bit of a thick head this morning, afraid I rather over did the Chardy last night 🥲

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:48 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Old Git wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

I agree with Old Git in that Mondal has been massively disappointing.

I think the fact Mondal hasn’t been on the pitch that much tells you everything about what AA thinks of him.

Sadly Mondal hasn’t been at it for a few years now. His career is coming to a crossroads and he really needs to decide if this is for him any more.

He showed potential earlier in his career but is now a squad player for a mid-table side. He may get more of an opportunity if Charman departs, particularly as Nelson’s knee is clearly more problematic than the club are letting on. It also seems AA is already in for Tyrone O’Neil again as cover.
I agree that he’s been massively disappointing and he’ll be a higher earner as well. I didn’t think he did any worse than anyone against Gateshead. Certainly wasn’t a lack of effort or desire. He just gets picked out anyway

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:55 am

So we have had a Keeper on the bench most of the season who is now on loan. Hope we have another one to fill the bench today or you just know what is going to happen...........

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:36 pm

Armstrong often doesn’t put Martin on the bench anyway. It is always a dilemma when a keeper is not getting any game time with no reserve team. Presumably Martin just needs to play some games to keep him sharp. We have a 24 hour recall clause in the deal so we can get him back at short notice if required but of course if Taylor is injured during a game we will have a problem.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:49 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:36 pm
Armstrong often doesn’t put Martin on the bench anyway. It is always a dilemma when a keeper is not getting any game time with no reserve team. Presumably Martin just needs to play some games to keep him sharp. We have a 24 hour recall clause in the deal so we can get him back at short notice if required but of course if Taylor is injured during a game we will have a problem.
I will bow to your knowledge. I admit I thought Martin was on the bench for about half our games so far?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:48 pm

Up to and including the Gateshead game Martin had been on the bench for 8 out of 22 games, or 36%.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:15 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:48 pm
Up to and including the Gateshead game Martin had been on the bench for 8 out of 22 games, or 36%.
Thanks Which is clearly less than 50% so I was wrong!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:45 am
IIRC, when Gateshead played Charlton in the cup, the commentator stated they have a full time squad with a playing budget of £300k. I’d have to question the accuracy of that statement as that’s similar to our budget for a part time squad.

If it is true, you’d have to ask who’s getting value for money as they are streets ahead of us in every department.

Probably jeff bowron from the evening chronicle whos wrote some tosh about gateshead over the years, hes a hacked off ex employee of the club
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams