Darlington V Spennymoor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Spennymoor

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Pride of the pit village known as spennymoor, not great away support of just over 200 says it all ,absolutely in bred cretins .the spennymoor trouble makers stayed away thankfully. Bloody
Predictive text .
Last edited by onewayup on Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:39 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:23 pm
Pride of the pit village know a spennymoor, great away support of just over 200 says it all ,absolutely in bred cretins .the spennymoor trouble makers stayed away thankfully.
What the hell are you talking about?! :wtf:
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:54 pm

A couple of precedent cases in the past to losing our best player. In 1984 we lost Alan Walsh only to kick on massively the season after.
In 1988 we lost David Currie and fell apart.
The difference was the manager. Cyril Knowles was very adept at unearthing gems, while David Booth brought in gash.
I have faith that if we lose Charman then AA will be more like Cyril Knowles than David Booth in finding a replacement.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:54 pm
A couple of precedent cases in the past to losing our best player. In 1984 we lost Alan Walsh only to kick on massively the season after.
The difference was the manager. Cyril Knowles was very adept at unearthing gems, while David Booth brought in gash.
I have faith that if we lose Charman then AA will be more like Cyril Knowles than David Booth in finding a replacement.
Yeah with Currie we went from promotion chasers to relegation fodder very quickly, David Booth was terrible.

We can't hold Charman back, we just need him to trust us to get him and ourselves the best deal. We all know he is leaving if not in Jan then end of season and he deserves it because he is so much better than this league.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:20 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:54 pm
Ironically it was Knowles that knew the Currie Macdonald partnership would be good for us, just a shame Macdonald missed most of Curries first season and knowles never really got chance to pair them together. Short sightedness at board level, something we don’t seem to have currently so all them unhappy with Armstrong will just have to put up with it!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 am

I walked past Jim Bentley at halftime, so I think it's probably safe to assume that Fylde are interested.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:26 am

Tin pot wasting their time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:04 pm

So maybe he's implying that the 200 were well behaved, very committed fans like most of us?!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:36 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 am
I walked past Jim Bentley at halftime, so I think it's probably safe to assume that Fylde are interested.
I think Charman can do better than going to Fylde, basically a vanity project Yo Yo club, league 2 minimum should be his aim.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:44 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:04 pm
So maybe he's implying that the 200 were well behaved, very committed fans like most of us?!
That was the original intention however so many missing letters it was goobledegook.
Predictive text and I didn't read before posting.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:12 pm

Just had quick scan through previous posts & not one mention of the referee, which indicates he had a good game. Quick to establish his authority by not falling for Spenny pratfalls & mobbing when any decision went against them. Lino could have helped out more when Spenny players leaned back against our defenders at corners. We might have nicked it but just nice to get through a game without loss of any more players due to injury or cards.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:22 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Morley and Johnson saw what Tait did on Boxing Day and told him to dial it down a bit, because other than shouting at his own players, he was quiet for him.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 pm

The references to Alan Walsh moving to Bristol City made me hope we can get a better deal with Charman. I think we asked for £40,000 for Alan which seemed very reasonable at the time for the best player in the 4 division but Terry Cooper took us to a tribunal and he eventually went for £18,000 which was robbery really. Especially as he did so well for them. It's generally accepted that Knowles worked wonders with the club after Alan went and I heard a story that once he'd got Gary Pallister on loan from Boro' he wanted the board to sign him reasoning that he'd be a top player and make the club plenty of money. He was turned down and perhaps that was when he started to wonder about the directorship. I blame the board rather than Dave Booth for his disastrous second season - Archie Heaton was a fool but I thought Boothy's first season saw a very watchable Quakers team. He also brought Kevin Stonehouse to the club and Gary Worthington, decent players both. AA seems to have an eye for forwards as well.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:58 am

Just watched the highlights. OMG what kind of defending was that for Spennymoor’s goal?
Basically we have let the top goal scorer in the League have a free hit from 7 yards out direct from a corner. Worst of all he does not appear to have to do anything special to earn it as our defence has dozed off 😴😴😴
Lost count of the number of goals we have conceded from crosses that could have been cut out. Surely someone, presumably Lawlor or Ellis was detailed to be marking him for set pieces. Much work to be done in training on defending balls into the box,because the failure to defend these situations is costing us dear.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 pm
The references to Alan Walsh moving to Bristol City made me hope we can get a better deal with Charman. I think we asked for £40,000 for Alan which seemed very reasonable at the time for the best player in the 4 division but Terry Cooper took us to a tribunal and he eventually went for £18,000 which was robbery really. Especially as he did so well for them. It's generally accepted that Knowles worked wonders with the club after Alan went and I heard a story that once he'd got Gary Pallister on loan from Boro' he wanted the board to sign him reasoning that he'd be a top player and make the club plenty of money. He was turned down and perhaps that was when he started to wonder about the directorship. I blame the board rather than Dave Booth for his disastrous second season - Archie Heaton was a fool but I thought Boothy's first season saw a very watchable Quakers team. He also brought Kevin Stonehouse to the club and Gary Worthington, decent players both. AA seems to have an eye for forwards as well.
We could have had Pallister for £5k allegedly. Heatons biggest mistake other than that was sacking Knowles.