AA interview

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

AA interview

Post by onewayup » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm

After listening to alun I am not sure the speculations regarding luke Charman are 100% .he's still saying he wants to keep Luke. Maybe it's been hyped by fans expectation. What a performance Charman gave yesterday.

Old Git

Re: AA interview

Post by Old Git » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:10 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 pm
After listening to alun I am not sure the speculations regarding luke Charman are 100% .he's still saying he wants to keep Luke. Maybe it's been hyped by fans expectation. What a performance Charman gave yesterday.
Probably just playing it cool and not wanting to sound like we are desperate to sell him. I am sure he would like to keep him because the team is weakened without him but will be surprised if he is here by the end of the month.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Old Git wrote:
onewayup wrote:
Probably just playing it cool and not wanting to sound like we are desperate to sell him. I am sure he would like to keep him because the team is weakened without him but will be surprised if he is here by the end of the month.
Exactly this.

We’re in a strong position in that Charman is playing well, is under contract, we don’t need to sell him and multiple clubs are interested.

The last thing AA wants to do is weaken our negotiating hand by making it look like we have to sell, or that Charman wants away.

Ultimately if an EFL club makes an offer for him to go full time, he’ll go. Therefore we need to make sure it’s the best deal possible for us as well. A good windfall could secure the club’s future or set up next season perfectly. So it’s vital we get the right deal and the likes of AA or DJ won’t want to jeopardise that.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:26 pm

His whole interview is advertising Luke Charman!

It sounds to me like he is trying to generate a bidding war more than anything else.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:26 pm

It sounds to me like he is trying to generate a bidding war more than anything else.
And why shouldn’t he try to start a battle to sign Charman?.He’s trying to get the best deal he can for the club and the player.Its part of his job.
One day you’ll post something positive about this club you say you support.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:07 pm

First of all best of luck to Charman if and when he goes, but for me this is what AA does, resurrects young local players careers, great in terms of finance for our club but will we ever challenge for promotion from this league under Alun, personally I’m not so sure.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:36 pm

Heaton out wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:07 pm
First of all best of luck to Charman if and when he goes, but for me this is what AA does, resurrects young local players careers, great in terms of finance for our club but will we ever challenge for promotion from this league under Alun, personally I’m not so sure.
This season IMHO, no.

But next season with a solid BTB and perhaps a little bit extra in the bank from Charman then yes, I'd expect us to at least to be challenging for a top 7 spot.

Having said that though this season is far from over and we're only four points from a play off place, it'd be nice to finally come away with a positive result at Throstle Nest on Saturday and hopefully a few results elsewhere go our way to make it a little more interesting against Kiddy the week after.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:46 am

Emdubya wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:00 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:26 pm

And why shouldn’t he try to start a battle to sign Charman?.He’s trying to get the best deal he can for the club and the player.Its part of his job.
One day you’ll post something positive about this club you say you support.
onewayup wrote:
Huh?

I've got no issue with it I am just saying I read it almost completely the opposite way to this.

I interpreted it as a view to generate a bidding war rather than a statement that we won't be selling.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:09 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
This season IMHO, no.

But next season with a solid BTB and perhaps a little bit extra in the bank from Charman then yes, I'd expect us to at least to be challenging for a top 7 spot.

Having said that though this season is far from over and we're only four points from a play off place, it'd be nice to finally come away with a positive result at Throstle Nest on Saturday and hopefully a few results elsewhere go our way to make it a little more interesting against Kiddy the week after.
If Charman goes, unless we get very lucky in the transfer market, or O'Neill has come on leaps and bounds since he was last with us, I don't think we'll be closing that gap on the play-offs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:30 pm

Spyman wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:09 pm
quaker4life wrote:
Heaton out wrote:
This season IMHO, no.

If Charman goes, unless we get very lucky in the transfer market, or O'Neill has come on leaps and bounds since he was last with us, I don't think we'll be closing that gap on the play-offs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
You're right.

But it's nice to have a small glimmer of hope this season won't end in inevitable disappointing midtable mediocrity, it might have been more bearable if we were still in one of the cups but we no longer have that smoke screen.

Also to add injury to insult Charman will now miss the next four games, whether he is still a Darlington player by the time he returns remains to be seen but nevertheless it is a big blow when we have a run of games (Kiddy aside) against teams around us or below us in the table.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly