Farsley game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

My opinion
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Farsley game

Post by My opinion » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:38 pm

There are large signs at both sides of the tinished clearly stating that it is for use by home fans only..
For goodness sake man, stop arguing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:40 pm

It just sounds a bit like double standards and an attempt to blame someone else for individuals behaviour.

We don't segregate or have police in the ground but find it unbelievable when others do?

Are neutrals banned from the tin shed as well?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:45 pm

Lo, the signs state home fans only in the tin shed. If you are neutral you aren’t going to act like an away fan if the away team score.
Guess we best not mention the referee again yesterday since you seem to be in one of your argumentative moods.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:58 pm

Haha we won 6-0 I assume he didn't affect the outcome of the game too much?

I am genuinely just asking? What happened and what do we do differently if we expect it of Farsley.

I'm not convinced if a set of away fans went in the tin shed we would get the police involved - but I could be wrong.

Aren't our seated stands occupied by home and away spectators perfectly amicably on most home games, again without any police needed?

I don't think drink needs to be available on the terraces, but then I do actually quite enjoy it when I go to the rugby. It almost feels like since people are being trusted with alcohol they are trusted to behave themselves properly it is actually just a shame football can't be the same.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:29 pm

Considering he made the worst decision ever in denying us a penalty when it was 2-0 he could quite well have changed the course of the game. Fortunately for him we scored again soon after but had that goal gone to them it could easily have got them back on top.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:36 pm

Glad I made the trip for this one. Always an easy one as my mate lives nearby but been miserable from prior visits. That made up for it :mrgreen:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:36 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:29 pm
Considering he made the worst decision ever in denying us a penalty when it was 2-0 he could quite well have changed the course of the game. Fortunately for him we scored again soon after but had that goal gone to them it could easily have got them back on top.
Didn’t think I would see a worse decision than the Charman red anytime soon, but… yep.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:42 pm

Does look like a penalty on the Farsley footage like though you can't actually see the contact on Rivers given where the camera is.

The ball does change direction as well but again can't see if there is any contact with it by the defender or if it just bounces off Rivers.

Expect those behind the goal would have had the best view.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:01 pm

I was right behind the goal and saw it clear as day. The only movement on the ball came from Rivers. It was the most blatant penalty you will ever see yet you raise doubts on it yet again trying to make excuses for the daft prick in the middle who had a poor game all round.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:07 pm

Did Rivers get booked after the "penalty" that wasn't?
Yep, having now watched highlights, adding insult to injury.
TBF scoreline could have been 3-8
Last edited by jjljks on Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:29 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:42 pm
Does look like a penalty on the Farsley footage like though you can't actually see the contact on Rivers given where the camera is.

The ball does change direction as well but again can't see if there is any contact with it by the defender or if it just bounces off Rivers.

Expect those behind the goal would have had the best view.
It was a blatant penalty. Yet another astonishing decision in a season littered with some of the worst I've seen. Of course, the officials are never wrong.
Craig Liddle is God!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:58 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:01 pm
It was the most blatant penalty you will ever see yet you raise doubts on it yet again trying to make excuses for the daft prick in the middle who had a poor game all round.
Just being honest - it looks like a penalty from what I can see but the footage doesn't actually let you see the contact the defender makes as his body is between the camera and the ball as the challenge goes in.

This is all I have to go on...https://ibb.co/tYqrrp4

That is the point that the ball appears to move to the left. It looks like Rivers has got his right leg in between but fact of the matter it isn't conclusive and the reason why I thought best view would have been from behind the goal.

This is the moment before the ball goes out of view...https://ibb.co/mJ7Ts1V
Last edited by lo36789 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:03 pm

It did add insult to injury to rule that Rivers cheated when he was very clearly felled by the defender. A bit of a gobsmacking moment but looks like we're increasingly having to get used to such major lapses by officials. Are the standards deteriorating? It's beginning to feel like it. And yes I know it's a difficult job and I'm just a thick, biased fan.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:03 pm
Are the standards deteriorating? It's beginning to feel like it. And yes I know it's a difficult job and I'm just a thick, biased fan.
Think it's just been a while since people have been back in grounds having different perspectives on things.

I also think there are bigger echo chambers these days. Gone are the days when everyone would just speak to those nearby them at the game and that was that. People hear a lot more views which align with theirs and it probably multiplies the emotion attached to it sort of in the realms of "if so many people feel how I do, and I'm hearing no alternative view then what I saw must have blatantly been what happened"

Equally there have been no promotions to our level last season, and no re-classifications at the other end either. Adding in that there have been promotions from our level I guess strictly speaking there will have been a slight drop on average as inevitably some that come up immediately perform better than those already at the level.
Last edited by lo36789 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:35 pm

I had a good view, and it was a definitely a penalty , even the Farsley fans near me laughed when Rivers was booked for diving.
As regards what was going on in the stand, it could of turned really ugly very quickly, at leased Spennymoor had red and white tape barriers :lol:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:46 pm

I asked two Farsley fans next to us and they were convinced it was a pen as well. My main issue was that Rivers was booked because even if the ref didn't think it was a pen, there was no reason for rivers to dive because he was going round the defender.

Im also getting to a point where i think linesman are pointless other than for offside or throw ins, because they never seem to give the refs a helping hand.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:14 pm

Even Farsley's own match report admits it was a penalty, saying: "The Celts breathed a sigh of relief a minute later as Tom Allan appeared to fell Rivers in the penalty box, however the referee adjudged that the forward had dived, and cautioned him with a yellow card instead."

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:48 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:46 pm
Im also getting to a point where i think linesman are pointless other than for offside or throw ins, because they never seem to give the refs a helping hand
Depends what / where it is. Liners aren't there to impose they are there to assist the referee in his decisions.

Most fans scream to help a ref out when the ball is in front of the other assistant.

When it comes to fouls 98% should be a referees decision ARs can help with things blind side or where they are more credibly positioned. In the penalty area that probably goes up to 99.5% given it is more central and more likely to be better placed.

At higher levels where there is comms there can be more that is discussed discreetly and opinion can be provided further away, lower down you can only really come in where it is not something that is opinion based as a flag can't be overruled particularly discreetly.
Last edited by lo36789 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:52 pm

The only person in the whole ground who didn't think it was a penalty, was probably the ref. Thought their keeper was good to only mention the plastic glass throwing to the stewards, he could have made a meal of it and reported it to the ref.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:52 pm
The only person in the whole ground who didn't think it was a penalty, was probably the ref.
There are a few Farsley fans behind the goal who seem to get particular incensed towards the referee when they thought a penalty had been given...they suddenly changed their focus towards Rivers when they realised it had gone the other way.

I think it's probably safe to put that down to supporter instinct though and their own green and white tinted spectacles!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:46 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
The only person in the whole ground who didn't think it was a penalty, was probably the ref.
There are a few Farsley fans behind the goal who seem to get particular incensed towards the referee when they thought a penalty had been given...they suddenly changed their focus towards Rivers when they realised it had gone the other way.

I think it's probably safe to put that down to supporter instinct though and their own green and white tinted spectacles!
You are making this assumption from a still photo? :think:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm

loan_star wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:46 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

No I've watched the clip...the stills are the points of the tackle.

I was sharing the stills to show the angle of the camera that I had seen, as I described the ball / point of view are blocked off...but you seemed to suggest that this was making excuses!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:27 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm
loan_star wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:46 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

No I've watched the clip...the stills are the points of the tackle.

I was sharing the stills to show the angle of the camera that I had seen, as I described the ball / point of view are blocked off...but you seemed to suggest that this was making excuses!
Link to the footage?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:29 pm

Haha you'd need my password.

Kev's footage might have a different angle and Farsley might not publish the incident...will see tomorrow morning.

Kev's footage is indeed higher resolution, from a slightly higher angle and further to the left and does show that it was indeed a penalty.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:48 am

Just watched the goals and they were great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves Farsley looked terrible.

I recognised the ref from previous games at Blackwell - he is clueless.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:16 am

For the first 15-20 mins Farsley weren't. We ride our luck and I've no idea how it was still 0-0. We started to get into it more once Hadfield pushed up a bit more, as he was sitting too deep up until that point. Up until he scored, Lambert was a candidate for worst player on the pitch. Just shows what one goal can do for a player and a team at times.

Farsley looked like the side we were a few years ago, looked decent until the first goal went in and then their heads just dropped. After that it was one way traffic.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:30 am

That penalty incident... for feck's sake, what was the ref thinking? It's got to be one of the most blatant penalties ever caught on camera.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:44 am

LoidLucan wrote:That penalty incident... for feck's sake, what was the ref thinking? It's got to be one of the most blatant penalties ever caught on camera.
Have lost count of the number of times ridiculous refereeing decisions have gone against us this season alone, that one was on a par with Curtis strangling Luke.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am

Yet again the completely innocent party gets a card and the guilty one walks away laughing.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 am

Fantastic result and performance, less said about the ref the better!

Time to try and push on a get into the play off places, hopefully Kiddy will be tired out by Sat