Kidderminster disallowed goal

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Kidderminster disallowed goal

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:15 am

Just had chance to watch it on the highlights, wow it was absolutely shocking from the referee. Storey was fouling him, it should have been a yellow card at least as the ref blew for a foul...the fact that he scored showed he was trying to deny a goal scoring opportunity. I don't think Storey got booked as the ref initially gave the free kick in Darlo's favour. Bizarre!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

theoriginalfatcat

Re: Kidderminster disallowed goal

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 am

This has been mulled over in another thread, but yes - I think everyone agrees it was a bonkers decision, and you don't have to be in your "armchair" (as lo says) to spot the cock up.

I mean it was baffling to us and we were stood behind the goal at the other end of the pitch!

However the same thing happened in Italy this weekend with AC Milan being the unfortunate team. A forward gets a nibble - ref blows while the ball is in the process of getting placed into the back of the net by another forward :oops:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

jjljks

Re: Kidderminster disallowed goal

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 pm

The ref's assessors must have marked him down for that, Storey was wrestling the Kiddie player but if same rules had applied as Charman got, their lad should have been red carded & putting the ball into the net was tantamount to kicking the ball away.😉