Fans Forum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Re: Fans Forum

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:47 am

As we've strayed into connections between the club and Westminster are there any connections between Martin and Sue Gray ? If so the report could be on the blunt side, also quite costly. If you put politics aside Nadine Dorres might be worth knowing as she's built up at least one successful business and could offer good advice. Besides aren't Quaker folk known for tolerance and respect ? We need it following the club.

Darlo_lad
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Darlo_lad » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:24 am

After watching us at Telford and them again yesterday we're going backwards, despite all the efforts we've put in.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:27 am

Will be interesting to hear what DJ has to say on Wednesday. Just hope the meeting is held in a constructive way and no needless slagging off the Board. The fact that it is being held virtually is possibly a good thing.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 am

The problem with a virtual forum is all the contentious questions will likely be screened out.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:01 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 am
The problem with a virtual forum is all the contentious questions will likely be screened out.
Submit a question and see what happens?

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:39 pm

Why would you ask a question when you can moan on this forum.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Surely being fan owned suggests transparency and the ability to ask difficult, honest questions and to have them answered fully. I have been more than satisfied with our board and chairman who always act with integrity and in the best interest of OUR club, you know the one we brought back from near death and took it up through the leagues. And whilst I'm here anyone questioning Alun's integrity or that he's not putting his heart and soul into it is bang out of order. I love this club and do what I can and go to games when I can and long may that continue whatever level we're at.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:33 pm

I still believe Alun Armstrong's the man to take us on, he gets the fan ownership system, he's still looking to getting the team stronger, he knows what is required his desire to move this club forward is not in question, alun said he's always looking for better quality players ,it's a very difficult to just pick up the phone and get a better player at the drop of the hat, when they become available
Big money clubs have the upper hand, stick with it I believe we will overcome this poor run,
And make a push.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:I just hope Armstrong doesn't see her as a long term replacement for Charman as our number 9.
Certainly not. She's a right winger.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:15 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:42 pm
Surely being fan owned suggests transparency and the ability to ask difficult, honest questions and to have them answered fully. I have been more than satisfied with our board and chairman who always act with integrity and in the best interest of OUR club, you know the one we brought back from near death and took it up through the leagues. And whilst I'm here anyone questioning Alun's integrity or that he's not putting his heart and soul into it is bang out of order. I love this club and do what I can and go to games when I can and long may that continue whatever level we're at.
Couldnt agree more with all of that.

AA looks a broken man at times.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:59 am

If you would like to ask a question -- please keep them respectful -- then please mail them to media@darlingtonfc.com and include your name.
or is media@darlingtonfc.org?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Full details of the fans forum including how to submit questions in the link below.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/webinar-on-wednesday

One fairly interesting line in there: Please note that club officials will not be able to say much about any possible ground move because of confidentiality.

Interesting.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:16 pm

JE93 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:15 pm
Full details of the fans forum including how to submit questions in the link below.

One fairly interesting line in there: Please note that club officials will not be able to say much about any possible ground move because of confidentiality.

Interesting.
I suspect it because there’s just no news rather than anything been interesting.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:25 pm

I see the conspiracy theorist is out again tonight.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:00 pm

Darlobill wrote:
JE93 wrote:

Interesting.
I suspect it because there’s just no news rather than anything been interesting.
Did you not spot the key word "confidential"

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:58 am

JE93 wrote:

Interesting.
Confidentiality clauses stop sensitive information being opened up, so not fairly interesting line really. To engage influential people confidentiality is of great importance,
So don't make assumptions based on not getting closed information, it would be crass stupidity of the club to say something that is confidential.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:19 pm

Great News DJ just confirmed he is in this for the long term as he is going to "ease down" (my term not his) from his full time job over the next 1-2 years. If we want him he states! I think that will be a resounding YES.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:23 pm

bga wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:19 pm
Great News DJ just confirmed he is in this for the long term as he is going to "ease down" (my term not his) from his full time job over the next 1-2 years. If we want him he states! I think that will be a resounding YES.
I’m at work so couldn’t log in, hasn't he said that the last 2 forums?

bga

Post by bga » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:27 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:23 pm
bga wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:19 pm
I’m at work so couldn’t log in, hasn't he said that the last 2 forums?
Cannot recall his exact words, but is preparing his business for sale (he gave the timescales). Once completed he will be able to devote all his time to Darlo.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:42 pm

New training facility at Catterick on 4G pitch. AA says may widen our catchment area? Management only able to work with the players on the pitch 3 hours a week, the remainder of the time is fitness related.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:00 pm

Excellent forum, nothing dodged. The recent on field performances have cast a shadow over the great work being performed but the long term future looks secure, and with an extra training session each week planned performances should improve. It's easy to come away from a match feeling pissed off and vent (I'm as guilty of that as anyone) but listening to Alun and DJ lay out the vision and the work put in has renewed my long term optimism.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:04 pm

AA looking for a striker to replace Charman and a decent wide player who can regularly put in good balls. Most likely arriving in the summer. Those widemen not performing will be moved on. Nelson seeking a second opinion on injury looks unlikely to be playing soon. Louis Lang off contract unlikely to return. Wheater training with club might be playing in a month. Trying hard to turn things around on the pitch and looking at an additional training day per week to work on tactics.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:08 pm

bga wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:42 pm
New training facility at Catterick on 4G pitch. AA says may widen our catchment area? Management only able to work with the players on the pitch 3 hours a week, the remainder of the time is fitness related.
As well as basing the training at Catterick we are looking at training 3 times a week from next season to give more time to work on formations and tactics.
As ever DJ was eloquent and stressed much work is going on behind the scenes on trying to sort out a proposed new ground. He was very scathing about the critics who slagged him off for meeting with Nadine Dorries, saying he would meet with The Monster Raving Loony Party if it furthered the interests of Darlington FC.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:09 pm

We are lucky to have the volunteers we have involved, but in particular we are so lucky to have DJ involved. Obviously there were no details released, but it sounds like he's putting in an incredible amount of work to try and deliver our own ground. It's frustrating that we are still in a "wait and see" stage, but it sounds like DJ is confident, which is good enough for me. The reasoning about the need for our own ground in terms of commercial revenue was very clearly laid out, and as too was the discussion about meeting with politicians.

Credit to Chris too, who sounds like he's done a fantastic job with the finances.

Good to see Armstrong looking a bit more upbeat too - there is a recognition of some of the things which havent gone right, but it sounds like there are some solid ideas to improve things on the pitch too, as well as sensible steps towards a more professional model with the extra training next season. Overall a positive night, which was probably needed after recent results!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:12 pm

5 clubs after Charman, 4 of which acted honourably and 1 which didn’t. I wonder who that could have been …

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Excellent forum, nothing dodged. The recent on field performances have cast a shadow over the great work being performed but the long term future looks secure, and with an extra training session each week planned performances should improve. It's easy to come away from a match feeling pissed off and vent (I'm as guilty of that as anyone) but listening to Alun and DJ lay out the vision and the work put in has renewed my long term optimism.
100% agree, excellent, positive and constructive forum.Always impressed by DJ who certainly talks a lot of sense.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:23 pm

Rome wasn't built in a day. I think everything is going in the right direction all at a pace that DFC can handle.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:31 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 pm
MB86DFC wrote:Excellent forum, nothing dodged. The recent on field performances have cast a shadow over the great work being performed but the long term future looks secure, and with an extra training session each week planned performances should improve. It's easy to come away from a match feeling pissed off and vent (I'm as guilty of that as anyone) but listening to Alun and DJ lay out the vision and the work put in has renewed my long term optimism.
100% agree, excellent, positive and constructive forum.Always impressed by DJ who certainly talks a lot of sense.

Totally agree with all above , excellent much needed forum, DJ is fantastic and we are very very lucky to have him on board. Long term optimism is very much renewed.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:42 pm

Sounds like a positive forum, anyone know whether Q&A will be on the web site, a few wins under out belt and hopefully we will all feel better

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:14 pm

Just don’t question Ray Simpson’s interviewing technique!!