Guiesley Away

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Rob
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Guiesley Away

Post by Darlo_Rob » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:18 pm

Getting back to the match. It looks like we’ve been done by questionable officials again. I know it’s not a perfect angle, but O’Neill looks onside for our disallowed goal which I thought he was on the day. Rivers is clearly offside and makes a slight movement towards the ball, but I don’t think it’s enough. On the assumption that O’Neill is onside maybe another one for lo to give his opinion on about Rivers?

On the actual game we played some good stuff at times in absolutely terrible conditions, but as others have said we couldn’t find a way to get the ball in the back of the net. Hopefully AA can bring a striker in. He alluded to missing out on one at the fans forum, I wonder if the lad up front for Guiesley was the one. He only arrived on loan from Barnsley last week and apparently has scored quite a lot in their under 23s.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:49 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:18 pm
Getting back to the match. It looks like we’ve been done by questionable officials again. I know it’s not a perfect angle, but O’Neill looks onside for our disallowed goal which I thought he was on the day. Rivers is clearly offside and makes a slight movement towards the ball, but I don’t think it’s enough. On the assumption that O’Neill is onside maybe another one for lo to give his opinion on about Rivers?

On the actual game we played some good stuff at times in absolutely terrible conditions, but as others have said we couldn’t find a way to get the ball in the back of the net. Hopefully AA can bring a striker in. He alluded to missing out on one at the fans forum, I wonder if the lad up front for Guiesley was the one. He only arrived on loan from Barnsley last week and apparently has scored quite a lot in their under 23s.
If a player wants to play for Guiesley ahead of us, then we should pack up and go home. We had around 50% of the fans on Saturday.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlogramps

Guiesley Away

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Old Git wrote:
I do not repeatedly insult people that is a complete exaggeration. I can take an insult, but what I can’t take your hypocrisy. You say that my justification for my poor behaviour is that other people do it too, but you also say that you giving me some back is fine because I am reaping what I sow.
Well which is it? If you think I am childish then you are condemning yourself by doing the same. As usual you want it both ways and are blind to your own arrogance and bigotry.
You do repeatedly insult people. I’ve pointed out just two occasions in the last week you’ve done so to different people. And there’s loads of examples across this board from you. You even attacked someone last week as having mental health problems, a disgraceful slur.

And now you don’t like being called out on it.
But then that’s always the case with bullies like you, you don’t like people standing up to you.

The answer to your question is both. I’m throwing insults at you because you do it to everyone else who disagrees with you (and seemingly you don’t like it happening to you). That is reaping what you sow. Change how you speak to people (such as the “engage your brain before talking tripe” comment) and I’ll lay off you. But don’t complain when you’re rude to other people and I start being rude to you.

But you do also try and use other people as a justification for your own behaviour. I’ve got countless examples, including the one to me
two posts ago in this thread. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. You can do one and the other.

Stop deflecting, tone down your attacks on other people and we’ll get along just fine.

Anyway, I suggest this squabbling is doing neither of us any favours so if you want to continue this, do it via DM. If you reply on this thread and continue to derail it from Darlington chat, it’ll tell everyone you’re more interested in saving face and pointscoring. DM and nothing else in this thread, thank you.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:
I'll be honest all 4 of our attackers look comfortably offside to me at the point Hatfield strikes it, obviously only three are in shot but Dos Santos looks suspiciously advanced when he comes into view.

I actually think Rivers is deeper than O'Neill (so O'Neill is further off than Rivers, marginally).

https://ibb.co/vwjZkYT

Agree the only player who impacted was O'Neill though.
Last edited by lo36789 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:16 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:10 pm
Darlo_Rob wrote:
I'll be honest all 4 of our attackers look comfortably offside to me at the point Hatfield strikes it. I actually think Rivers is deeper than O'Neill.

I was in line with it, all were quite a chunk offside.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 pm

On reflection and having took two days to thaw out, we were improved on Saturday . My other thoughts are that Ellis and Lawlor are not the CB pairing answer, shipped in alot of goals, many bouncing in 6yd box and TT is not so commanding coming for crosses and all teams in playoffs conceded alot less, Despite this Storey is not going to play and Wheater a few weeks away from fitness.
Hedley has been an improvement on Griffiths but Rose, Hatfield ,KDS, Rivers are not combining well to break up play and make attacking options.
Cassidy, Lambert and Oneil have scored 10 goals between them but when we are shipping in a few we are not going to get AA the four five goals each game we need to stay ahead.
Defeats to Chester and Gloucester and definitely need a change of manager to stay up. How about reaching out to another Darlo old boy James Coppinger to run some of his pro mindset courses and help with training?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:33 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Defeats to Chester and Gloucester and definitely need a change of manager to stay up.
This seems hyperbolic to me. Yes we're in bad form, but there's only 1 going down.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:40 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:16 pm
lo36789 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:10 pm
Darlo_Rob wrote:
I'll be honest all 4 of our attackers look comfortably offside to me at the point Hatfield strikes it. I actually think Rivers is deeper than O'Neill.

I was in line with it, all were quite a chunk offside.
I think we were claiming that it came off the defender last. Hard to tell to be honest. Was a nice finish by O'Neill though.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:48 pm

loan_star wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:40 pm
I think we were claiming that it came off the defender last. Hard to tell to be honest. Was a nice finish by O'Neill though.
Definitely comes off the defender last but looks like a deflection rather than deliberate play.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 am

Just watched the goal again, yes it's poor defending, but Smith should have done better on the line, its fairly obvious he can't use his right foot, as he went to block it with it and it went in.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:11 am

I struggle with players not being able to use their "other" foot. I don't expect wonders but surely you can kick with both feet to a reasonable standard. Even in the premier league you see players going round in circles to use their favoured foot. Andy Robertson's a prime example.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:38 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:11 am
I struggle with players not being able to use their "other" foot. I don't expect wonders but surely you can kick with both feet to a reasonable standard. Even in the premier league you see players going round in circles to use their favoured foot. Andy Robertson's a prime example.
Premier league players kicking footballs or cats? :thumbdown:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:36 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:38 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:11 am
Premier league players kicking footballs or cats? :thumbdown:
They're too busy kneeling for American Marxism to kick a ball these days ;)
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly