Footifan returns

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopj
Team Supported: Darlington

Footifan returns

Post by Darlopj » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 pm

Footifan sadly passed away today. Whether you agreed with his opinions or not there's no doubt he loved Darlo. His Texan friends contributed some funds to the cause. Knowing him, whether they wanted to or not. RIP.

comeondarlo

Re: Footifan returns

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 pm

RIP Chris, you’ll be missed

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:35 pm

That's very sad news, I never met him, but he came over as a very committed Darlo fan. Condolences to his family. RIP

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:40 pm

Very sad, always a devoted fan. Condolences to his family and friends.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 pm

Real sad news, a real genuine good guy and over the years Chris was a brilliant fan and in the last 6-7 years did loads of sponsorship even from Texas. Known him for 30 years so lots of good times. Thoughts with Stephanie and the rest of his family.

Henley

Post by Henley » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:20 pm

He became Mr Darlo to me in the years following the move to the Arena. A force of nature that still had so much more to give to the club.

One of the best fundraisers you’d ever meet - he could get blood out of a stone and what he did for Darlo and the Dog Rescue Home in Texas was inspiring.

This phrase can be taken two ways but when talking about Chris it’s definitely a positive - if you met him you’d never forget him.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:31 pm

Really awful news, I knew he was ill but he always stayed positive and upbeat and this was a shock.We were hoping to meet in hospitality at the Blyth game for a catchup in a couple of weeks sadly, as it was 12 years since we last saw each other.He loved the club.RIP.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:16 pm

Sad news. His end of season weekly updates/ predictions were always a great read and a Labour of love

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:56 am

Very sad news. Got to know Chris quite well during the Arena years and was lucky enough to join a couple of his match ball sponsor days at Blackwell over the last few years. He went out of his way to involve people in the club, could talk to anyone, and although we didn't always agree on everything politically, there was always friendship and respect.

There won't be many who have done or will do more for DFC than Chris. Dedicated to the end.

Just remembered a time when Chris was down in London, I think sorting out his US visa or something, and I went for a drink with him and Ville Vaisenen who Chris had befriended during his time at the club as they went to the same gym. A perfect example of Chris really and how easily he made friends with people from all walks of life.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Henley

Post by Henley » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:39 pm

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:08 pm

Nice video on that obituary