What’s the furthest we could get relegated too?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darloed19
Team Supported: Darlington

What’s the furthest we could get relegated too?

Post by darloed19 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 am

What is the bottom of the pyramid that a club like us could get to it we kept getting relegated every season. Is it the wearside league?

Old Git

Re: What’s the furthest we could get relegated too?

Post by Old Git » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:31 am

darloed19 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 am
What is the bottom of the pyramid that a club like us could get to it we kept getting relegated every season. Is it the wearside league?
Blimey we’re not great at times but even I don’t think Armstrong will take us that far down 😂

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:21 pm

darloed19 wrote:

Raj Singh might know about this....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:28 pm

For as long as we have floodlights, as I understand it, we should go no lower than Wearside League Division One.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:23 pm

I dont think a teams ever plummeted from national league north level to wearside league, not the same incarnation anyway. But for argument sake i dont think the team could go further down than wearside league first division as there does not seem to be relegation to its feeder leagues, teams just get voted into top division to replace those promoted or folding
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 pm

I was told that due to the RA having floodlights it's nigh on impossible for them to ever get relegated from Division One, I believe having them is now a condition of entry into the top flight at that level.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:47 am

quaker4life wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 pm
I was told that due to the RA having floodlights it's nigh on impossible for them to ever get relegated from Division One, I believe having them is now a condition of entry into the top flight at that level.
Presumably that's more a case of a lack of teams below that level having floodlights so there'd be nobody to replace them if they were relegated?

If that's the reason then theoretically you could drop further if there were suddenly a couple of clubs in the league below who got floodlights and won the league at the same time as you finished in the relegation spots?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:23 am

Floodlights are not required to get into wearside league division 1 level (step 7), dont think you even need a enclosed ground
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:42 am

Looking on the ever reliable Wikipedia the league below the Wearside league is the Crook and District League.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:15 pm

TKOA wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:42 am
Looking on the ever reliable Wikipedia the league below the Wearside league is the Crook and District League.
Fascinating. Six teams in Division 1 and seven in Division 2. Very cliquey.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:54 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:47 am
quaker4life wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 pm
Presumably that's more a case of a lack of teams below that level having floodlights so there'd be nobody to replace them if they were relegated?

If that's the reason then theoretically you could drop further if there were suddenly a couple of clubs in the league below who got floodlights and won the league at the same time as you finished in the relegation spots?
That's the impression I was under, it would appear there are few teams (if any) who have Floodlights below the First Division.

Regardless, let's hope we never witness something as catastrophic as crashing through the National League North, NPL, NPL East, NL Division 1 and NL Divsion 2 before finding ourselves in that position!

OYD
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by OYD » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:09 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:21 pm
darloed19 wrote:

Nah........Raj knows about getting back into the Football League now

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:39 pm

OYD wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:09 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:21 pm
darloed19 wrote:

Nah........Raj knows about getting back into the Football League now
That just means he will drop them in the sh1t from a greater height than he did us. :roll: