Darlington V Chorley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ReeceStyche’sManbun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Chorley

Post by ReeceStyche’sManbun » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:28 pm

Great performances by everyone especially KDS who I felt had his best game for us that I have seen, Hatfield played how he did in his first season, Lambert made them look silly at times, ONeill was getting back into it doing that thing of keeping the ball when it looked impossible and Hedley who has been excellent these last few games.

Only negative is the injury to Mondal hopefully he’s not going to be out for long as he’s played a massive part in this recent form, AA said he’s gonna look for a loan wonder if he’s got anyone in mind.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:21 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:12 pm
I saw that the rugby team played on the pitch on Friday evening and you could tell by the state of the pitch yesterday. It's amazing that we could play our passing game, given the state of the pitch.
Ahhh so close I went with the singular missing bulb that would the gripe despite a 4-0 win.

Should have known it would be the pitch
It isn’t a gripe, it’s a genuine concern.

It doesn’t matter if we win, lose or draw, you can still call out the pitch for what it is. It needs sorting.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:27 pm

4 nil win?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:54 pm

Yes it was 4 nil. He's a referee and therefore always right.

Darlogramps

Darlington V Chorley

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:10 am

Darlopj wrote:Yes it was 4 nil. He's a referee and therefore always right.
He’s the secretary of a Step 4 club as well so knows everything.

But Lo just loves licking the boots of anyone in authority. The funniest one was the thread where he tried to claim the FIFA Exco which awarded Qatar the World Cup wasn’t actually corrupt.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Darlington V Chorley

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:14 am

Darlofan97 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I saw that the rugby team played on the pitch on Friday evening and you could tell by the state of the pitch yesterday. It's amazing that we could play our passing game, given the state of the pitch.
Ahhh so close I went with the singular missing bulb that would the gripe despite a 4-0 win.

Should have known it would be the pitch
It isn’t a gripe, it’s a genuine concern.

It doesn’t matter if we win, lose or draw, you can still call out the pitch for what it is. It needs sorting.
The fact AA has called out the state of the pitch on the last three occasions we’ve played at home would indicate there’s an issue. The pitch is appalling.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:37 am

Fat fingers :lol:

It just looks like in some areas it could do with water over anything else. The drainage we put in is obviously doing a very good job at removing water from the surface which is why it looks so dry (I don't think there is an integrated sprinkler system installed?)

It made little difference on the day because we were playing in wide areas, where there was the space to make an impact and those areas are visibly fine. There are two channels centrally which are noticeably bare.

It is February mind so hoping for grass to recover and grow is a little optimistic - well no without purchasing some of the grow lights used by full time clubs.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:32 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Source? Because, when I was at BM late Friday morning the groundsman was just completing the pitch markings for football (all the rugby markings had been 'greened' out by then). He also informed me that DRFC didn't have a match this weekend.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:20 am

another great result and performance from all, fantastic to see us putting this run together, I wonder if rotation is the answer (now we have that luxury) part time players who also have physical jobs may need rotating more etc

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:09 pm

Watched the highlights, and its very true that the first goal changed the game. Chorley had the better of the first 20 minutes - 2nd half we dominated and nullified anything they threw at us. Just shows how confidence is so important. Let's hope this run lasts as long as possible.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:51 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:32 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Source? Because, when I was at BM late Friday morning the groundsman was just completing the pitch markings for football (all the rugby markings had been 'greened' out by then). He also informed me that DRFC didn't have a match this weekend.
All I'm saying that when i passed on the ring road on Friday evening, the floodlights were on and the rugby posts were up. Obviously couldn't see a crowd, as they never get a crowd, haha and of course I had my eyes on the road.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:46 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:51 pm
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:32 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
All I'm saying that when i passed on the ring road on Friday evening, the floodlights were on and the rugby posts were up. Obviously couldn't see a crowd, as they never get a crowd, haha and of course I had my eyes on the road.
The groundsman marking out the pitch was at least 70 years old and on his own. It would take more than one person of probably working age to swap the rugby posts for goal posts - probably after they had finished their day's work. Hence the need for floodlights on a Friday evening.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:10 pm

You only have to watch the highlights to see bare patches and cut up areas possibly churned by lineouts & scrums. Behind goal area at Tin Shed end seemed heavily sanded, possibly to cope with all the recent rain. Result was the proverbial bobbly pitch, although we coped better with it than Chorley

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:31 pm

jjljks wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:10 pm
You only have to watch the highlights to see bare patches and cut up areas possibly churned by lineouts & scrums. Behind goal area at Tin Shed end seemed heavily sanded, possibly to cope with all the recent rain. Result was the proverbial bobbly pitch, although we coped better with it than Chorley
Regardless of what cut up areas there were, Darlo_Pete did not see the Rugby Club play on the pitch on Friday evening.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:35 pm

There is one thing...at least we don't have to contend with two sets of markings on the pitch!

https://youtu.be/4lzXb14rQ50

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:53 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:31 pm
jjljks wrote:
Regardless of what cut up areas there were, Darlo_Pete did not see the Rugby Club play on the pitch on Friday evening.
No I think he fell into the old trap of putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. We have probably all done it at some time but it illustrates the need to be careful about making assumptions.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:12 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:31 pm
jjljks wrote:
So why were the rugby posts up? I presume they don't put them up if there is no game being played there?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:21 pm

They last played on 19th February...we last played on the 12th.

Probably more a case of they don't take them down unless we are playing than putting them up.