Darlington V Chorley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington V Chorley

Post by poppyfield » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:55 pm

looking forward to another good performance, anyone want to have a go at the starting 11. After the excellent game at Fylde, AA has his work cut out
to name them.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

bigdavethemaddog

Re: Darlington V Chorley

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:48 pm

i assume no pitch inspection is planned?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:24 pm

Weather looking OK but anyone who can predict AA's selection correctly should also do the 50/50 draw! Nice for AA to be spoilt for choice, for once.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:33 pm

jjljks wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:24 pm
Weather looking OK but anyone who can predict AA's selection correctly should also do the 50/50 draw! Nice for AA to be spoilt for choice, for once.
One old adage is never change a winning side.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:37 am

AA likes to keep the opposition & fans guessing, but I hope today to watch the Darlo team who play with heart & skill.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:25 am

Another tough game again today. But as we've proven this season some of our best performances have come in some of the toughest games.

AA has been pretty quiet about who is or isn't fit for today, mentioning a couple of Niggles. I'd stick with the defence that stood up well on Tuesday night. Toughest decision comes in the centre of midfield, I genuinley think our options here are some of the strongest in the league when all of them are at their best. Got to stick with Dos Santos after his wonder goal, Lambert had a bit of a rest on Tuesday so would bring him in. Upfront stick with O'Neill and Mondal, I like Cassidy's work rate but his goal threat just hasn't been good enough this season.

If all fit, I'd be tempted to make a couple changes in CM just to keep the freshness, although that feels very harsh on Wheatley and Purver who sounded excellent on Tuesday night.

-------------------------- Taylor -------------------------
Griffiths ----- Storey --- Lawlor ---- Hedley
D.Santos - Hatfield --- Rose ----- Lambert
------------------ O'Neill --- Mondal ---------------

Subs: Ellis, Purver, Wheatley, Rivers, Cassidy

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Team sheet is out:

-------------------------- Taylor -------------------------
Griffiths --- Wheater --- Lawlor ---- Hedley
D.Santos - Hatfield --- Rose ----- Lambert
------------------ O'Neill --- Mondal ---------------

Subs: Martin, Purver, Wheatley, Rivers, Cassidy

Bit of a risk with no spare CB on the bench. Can only assume that means Ellis & Storey were the knocks.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:00 pm

Good first half for Darlo, some great saves from TT, goal from O’Neill

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:50 pm

3 up Rivers and Hatfield getting in on the act, this is going to be a brilliant result , on the back of Tuesdays game.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:00 pm

After all the knee jerking, lack of faith in our manager and gnashing of teeth who would have thought this inconsistent team would take 10 points from twelve and beat two top six teams in a week. Brilliant from the lads and fingers crossed it continues.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:31 pm

Well played by the lads and Alun - great result

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm

Just as well we don't have a midweek game, commentary said Wheater looked knackered after half an hour. He did last 90 mins, but commentator said he'd be stiff as a board in the morning. Well done David. :D :roll:

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:46 pm

Fair play to the team today, second half performance was the best at home for a long while against a play offs team.
Thought Lambert was outstanding in second half and made the team tick in what I personally think is his best position just behind a striker. Wanted the ball all the time, came short, took men on and was the missing link for me in that free role.
Huge credit too to Hedley who made the first goal and Wheater for lasting 90 mins when blowing for air from about 30 mins!
Good team effort though to be fair.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:59 pm

Will Hatfield got man of the match, it could have been anyone's thought KDS was tremendous as was everyone alun has said all along that he had a good team of ball players, that certainly showed today, now to keep that level of performance up for the rest of the season,
Must mention David wheater excellent after being out so long, his class showed but he isn't fully match fit just yet,well done David wheater. :thumbup:

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Excellent performance especially 2nd half when we completely outplayed Chorley. Almost impossible to name a MoM today because everyone was at the top of their game. Will Hatfield seemed to benefit from his midweek rest because he really was captain marvel again today. Seemed to up his work rate to levels we haven’t seen for a while.
Have to admit I was all for changing the manager a short while ago, but AA is really turning things around and proving he is the right man to take us forward. Hope we can continue this improved form into next week’s game with Blyth.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Well that's the best 45 minutes I've seen us play this season. Outstanding performance from all the team, but I would have given the motm to D Santos. Funny how that drunk Chorley fan decided to invade the tinshed, he was very lucky not to get arrested. Hopefully we'll get over 1500 for the Blyth game and I'm sure if we win, then we'll take a large following down to York a week on Tuesday.

Darlogramps

Darlington V Chorley

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Also worth pointing out a couple of odd results today. Farsley beating Kidderminster and Gateshead being held at Telford.

The main catalyst for the recent calls to sack AA was the 5-0 defeat at Telford. But I think it’s fair to say that bad results and bad runs of form happen to just about every club in this division.

Hopefully we’ve put that bad run behind us, and can have a strong last 13 games.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:15 pm

The Chorley manager seemed to have a somewhat skewed version of how the match unfolded. He says they totally dominated the first half but we managed to get a foothold with the goal and then built on it with the second and then we deserved the win after that although they came back into it strongly for a spell.

I'm not saying they didn't have chances in the first half but I always felt we played the better football and they mainly tried to drop long balls in behind our defence. At times as the game wore on we absolutely ran them ragged and they looked a well beaten, dispirited side. Some of our trademark AA passing and movement football was excellent.

They beat us with a set-piece goal on their own patch but we were very unlucky to lose that day. I'm glad we set the record straight and by playing some great football along the way.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:22 pm

Thought it was rather bizarre as to how the Chorley fans entertained themselves by going topless in the second half. I guess there wasn't much action at their end of the pitch in the second half.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:22 pm
Thought it was rather bizarre as to how the Chorley fans entertained themselves by going topless in the second half. I guess there wasn't much action at their end of the pitch in the second half.
About 6 kids who weren't really watching the match :roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Thought Chorley battered us the 1st 45 and we took our chance. Second half though, was all Darlo.

Tyrone’s goal was a great header.
The second goal was unbelievable play by Dos Santos.
The third by Will was superb.

Brilliant win, brilliant support.
Up the fucking Darlo.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:05 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:15 pm
The Chorley manager seemed to have a somewhat skewed version of how the match unfolded. He says they totally dominated the first half but we managed to get a foothold with the goal and then built on it with the second and then we deserved the win after that although they came back into it strongly for a spell.

I'm not saying they didn't have chances in the first half but I always felt we played the better football and they mainly tried to drop long balls in behind our defence. At times as the game wore on we absolutely ran them ragged and they looked a well beaten, dispirited side. Some of our trademark AA passing and movement football was excellent.

They beat us with a set-piece goal on their own patch but we were very unlucky to lose that day. I'm glad we set the record straight and by playing some great football along the way.
Have to agree regarding Jamie Vermiglio’s post match interview. I am afraid he is completely deluded in his analysis of the game. For me they were decent in the first half but really poor in the second 45 minutes. Sorry Mr V but you were completely outplayed in the second half and on that performance not good enough to be promoted.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:59 am

jjljks wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:37 am
AA likes to keep the opposition & fans guessing, but I hope today to watch the Darlo team who play with heart & skill.
Wow! Stunned by Wheater coming into the side & doing so well for 90+1 minutes. Every player put in a great shift with 2 first half saves by TT to keep us in the game. We played some lovely football & took oùr chances really well. Second half, we stuck to a passing game, kept possession & frustrated Chorley then nailed them with 2 more great goals. Probably the best 45 mins seen at BM this season.
Only worry was Mondal pulling up sharply when chasing down, hope it isn't a serious injury.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:42 am

Thought first 20-25 minutes we looked a little nervous and a little disjointed - did fear we were in for a long day. We had some half-hearted attacks down the left wing with Dos Santos and Lambert but they broke down a little easily. We were having to put some last ditch challenges in within our penalty area and our goal came a little against the run of play and was thanks to the vision of Griffiths over anything else.

Once we scored it was a case of seeing it to the half and killing the time until we got in. I think Griffiths took over two minutes for a throw in and a free kick towards the end of the half.

Second half was a different matter. We seemed to have clocked that running at and putting the ball on the Chorley full backs was a good avenue and put them on the back foot from there. You could hear Alun and Darren constantly pushing Will Hatfield to press into those areas to overload them and provide the option.

Once we went 3-0 we took our foot off the gas a little, and whilst we had to do a bit of defending it was composed and controlled defending. Possibly helped by the scoreline but I didn't ever feel we were that at risk in the second half.

Tyrone O'Neill was back to his best as well. The ball going to his feet and him twisting and turning out of positions you think he has no right to come away with the ball from.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:32 am

Any word on the injury to Mondal?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:56 am

It was a classic hamstring pull so maybe two weeks or more depending on the grade

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:22 pm

Old Git wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Have to agree regarding Jamie Vermiglio’s post match interview. I am afraid he is completely deluded in his analysis of the game. For me they were decent in the first half but really poor in the second 45 minutes. Sorry Mr V but you were completely outplayed in the second half and on that performance not good enough to be promoted.
10 or 11 good chances in the first half?....didn't look like he was joking either.Needs to learn to add up.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:41 pm

Yesterday was one of the most complete team performances I've seen for some time, I thought from 1 to 11 we were excellent it was difficult to pick a MOTM.

The odds were probably stacked in our favour with them having not played in 2 weeks and us coming in off the back of an impressive win at Fylde in midweek, although they saw plenty of the ball in the first half they looked a little ropy and out of sorts but you can't take anything away from the lads we absolutely bulldozed them in that second half.

I thought David Wheater did well despite looking knackered after about half an hour, never imagined we'd see him in a Darlo shirt again after his loan stint with us in 2007 and he is clearly not 100% but despite that he was still solid, you'll be hard pushed to find that kind of quality and experience at this level.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:12 pm

I saw that the rugby team played on the pitch on Friday evening and you could tell by the state of the pitch yesterday. It's amazing that we could play our passing game, given the state of the pitch.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:01 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:12 pm
I saw that the rugby team played on the pitch on Friday evening and you could tell by the state of the pitch yesterday. It's amazing that we could play our passing game, given the state of the pitch.
Ahhh so close I went with the singular missing bulb that would the gripe despite a 4-0 win.

Should have known it would be the pitch