York tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York tickets

Post by loan_star » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:39 pm
350 sold online for tomorrow apparently, just seen a post on Facebook about it.

Reckon we could take a good 7/800 :clap:
Not so sure mid week out of town now so 500 tops
Or more convenient for people to drive to, no street parking issues. A chew for the train users though.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Well I will have 6 at the game and we haven't bought tickets in advance, so I think 700 to 800 is far more likely.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:28 pm

I have said it before so will say it again.
I wish other clubs (including those who think they are much bigger than Darlo) would bring to us as many as we take to their grounds.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:20 am

My opinion wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:28 pm
I have said it before so will say it again.
I wish other clubs (including those who think they are much bigger than Darlo) would bring to us as many as we take to their grounds.
Was saying the same Saturday, some of the away followings like Blyth, Spenny and York are quite poor compared to the home crowds.

I thought it might be because they dont favour the away end at Darlo but we were on mostly flat stand at Spenny and it didnt stop our support.

Would really help the finances, York will be rubbing their hands tonight.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 am

When you look at it we are the exception rather than the rule in terms of proportion of away fans to home crowds.

It would need a proper survey to find the reasons but hypothesis around age / historic necessity to travel and preference for away games over home games would be a starting point.

We used to have a section of fans who were pretty much in it for the away day only, didn't attend home games and barely made it into away games standing up straight, I have absolutely no idea if they are still going strong though.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:51 am

Any idea how many we have sold to date, I know quite a few are buying on the day. Tried to buy another ticket today on line but doesn't show North stand as an option for some reason?

Hope it is a good showing, and we are vocal, team will need it.

""Up the Quakers"

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 am

lo36789 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 am
When you look at it we are the exception rather than the rule in terms of proportion of away fans to home crowds.

It would need a proper survey to find the reasons but hypothesis around age / historic necessity to travel and preference for away games over home games would be a starting point.

We used to have a section of fans who were pretty much in it for the away day only, didn't attend home games and barely made it into away games standing up straight, I have absolutely no idea if they are still going strong though.
Plenty of other club supporters do this. You just need to look back a couple of weeks to the Chester game.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:02 am

Yep 100% but proportionally we have a higher away crowd than home crowd so where is that differential coming from.

How much of it is down to historically lots of fans always did 'northern' away days...and since we have been in a regional division there just happens to be more within the distance they are prepared to travel.

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:43 pm

Being an ex league club darlo will have exiles all over the UK so id imagine that would reflect on away following... For example im based just outside Cardiff so i will be at Hereford next week but haven't been to a home game for years unfortunately. Im pretty certain others will be the same

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

bga

Post by bga » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm

50 years wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:51 am
Any idea how many we have sold to date, I know quite a few are buying on the day. Tried to buy another ticket today on line but doesn't show North stand as an option for some reason?

Hope it is a good showing, and we are vocal, team will need it.

""Up the Quakers"
North Stand could be sold out which would be good news?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:45 pm

Same here k-c, make most of the North West games but rarely venture over the pennines, as I'm often reminded by my "friends"!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:16 pm

karlo-cardiff wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:43 pm
Being an ex league club darlo will have exiles all over the UK so id imagine that would reflect on away following... For example im based just outside Cardiff so i will be at Hereford next week but haven't been to a home game for years unfortunately. Im pretty certain others will be the same

Yep, there is a big Darlo diaspora all over the country. People move away from small towns and cities and head towards the big smoke for work/education etc. So you end up will Darlo born folk all over the place. Whereas fewer people are likely to leave London and the South East and head to Darlo to seek their fortune.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:08 pm

And even crazier, ones like me who have no connection with the town and never lived nearer than Warrington!!

karlo-cardiff

Post by karlo-cardiff » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:19 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:And even crazier, ones like me who have no connection with the town and never lived nearer than Warrington!!
I've no real connection with the town, nearest connection ive got is being born on the army camp at Catterick. Ive been brought up to support the nearest club to your birthplace. Would never change clubs now regardless of which league we play in. Only down side is not getting to many games unfortunately

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:53 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:19 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:And even crazier, ones like me who have no connection with the town and never lived nearer than Warrington!!
I've no real connection with the town, nearest connection ive got is being born on the army camp at Catterick. Ive been brought up to support the nearest club to your birthplace. Would never change clubs now regardless of which league we play in. Only down side is not getting to many games unfortunately

Ive no connection to Darlo at all, was born in Manchester and been a City season ticket holder for 40 plus years.

As Darlo were a league club I wrote off for autographs as a kid and Darlo not only sent a printed sheet but also a set of programmes so I decided they would be my second team.Never grew out of it. :D

First match as a teenager was SWFC away LC 1975, 0-2 win.Sinclair scored, was my hero.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:33 pm

And now Curzon et al, who would have thought that when the crazy decision was made?! What a journey.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:18 pm

MCFCDarlo3 i`m the opposite of you when i was at school in the late 60`s everyone supported Man U so decided to support City and have so ever since but born and bred in Darlo so obviously my first team.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:51 pm

darlo reborn wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:18 pm
MCFCDarlo3 i`m the opposite of you when i was at school in the late 60`s everyone supported Man U so decided to support City and have so ever since but born and bred in Darlo so obviously my first team.
Man of character ;)