Darlo v Blyth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlo v Blyth

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Newport County a year ago

https://twitter.com/tobihutch10/status/ ... Tw1PQ&s=19

Barrow a year ago

https://twitter.com/maxrushden/status/1 ... wyPPw&s=19

Plus Hillsborough at the moment...

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/14 ... Pmlfg&s=19

To have an issue with a pitch is simply not a unique problem.

I have no idea what it would take to solve or address it, but I am pretty confident that if it were an easy / quick fix then it would have been done already.

Darlogramps

Darlo v Blyth

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:09 pm

You can post as many pictures as you like. It’s just blatant whataboutery. (Lies and deflections, you really a deceitful little man).

It doesn’t change the fact the Blackwell Meadows pitch, which is under the control of the rugby club, is not good enough.

It’s been poor all season, even in the summer months, and AA is clearly unhappy with how it’s being maintained. Evidently you think you know better, but then that’s always the case with you.

AA will certainly have made his feelings known to DJ. But whether anything can be done, well that’ll require the rugby club to be on board. And as we know, we’ve not exactly had a smooth working relationship with the rugby club since moving there.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:16 pm

Darlogramps wrote:You can post as many pictures as you like. It’s just blatant whataboutery. (Lies and deflections, you really a deceitful little man).

It doesn’t change the fact the Blackwell Meadows pitch, which is under the control of the rugby club, is not good enough.

It’s been poor all season, even in the summer months, and AA is clearly unhappy with how it’s being maintained. Evidently you think you know better, but then that’s always the case with you.

AA will certainly have made his feelings known to DJ. But whether anything can be done, well that’ll require the rugby club to be on board. And as we know, we’ve not exactly had a smooth working relationship with the rugby club since moving there.
Totally agree with Gramps here, whoever this lo guy is certainly gets my back up with many of his comments on this board.
Up the Quakers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 pm

What was the crowd today, as missed it during the game.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:38 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:19 pm
Just over 1500 I believe Pete. See you in York.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:33 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:09 pm
Evidently you think you know better, but then that’s always the case with you.
Actually quite the opposite. I have no idea on what would fix it. Does it need a new sprinkler system installed, does it need a growing season where it is cut twice daily to deepen and strengthen the roots, does it just need rolling, does it just need another growing season to take root through the sand base which was installed for drainage.

I assume the rugby club are keeping up with the maintenance schedule which we pay for otherwise it would be a breach of contract. If they are not then that could be the solution.

If just saying "not good enough" make you happy, and validates you then fill your boots. Personally, I'd rather not get too upset or point fingers from a position where I have no idea. There is no evidence, that I have seen, that the rugby club have stopped us doing additional work on the pitch nor that they aren't keeping up with the maintenance agreed - these are baseless.

Unless proven otherwise I start from the basis that everyone is doing what they can with the resources they have - which you seem to translate as "always backing those in authority". Working from there it is clear to me that we are not alone in having a problem with a pitch, and more so that there are many occasions where it is best endeavours until a proper renovation is done during a close season (Runcorn Linnets, Tranmere, Fleetwood, Burton, Rochdale and Hillsborough are all examples of that). If there were a more simple, cost effective solution I imagine DJ would have been able to overcome it.

I mean you might think that having that taking that perspective is lieing, but that is your prerogative.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:43 am

Pitch at Tin Shed end was quite cut up during pre-match warm-up & obviously not draining well. The QTV cameraman paddled about like a seagull on the beach & created his own pool.
Game itself started brightly with a very early chance drifting past the post. Same post rattled near end of first half, but by then game had gone very flat. Usual problem of not taking our chances & running out of attacking ideas. Situation not helped in 2nd half by enforced disruption when Blyth fan collapsed and physios were engaged with that. Ref tried to restart but soon had to stop the game when physios services required. Restarted after 20 mn gap during which AA made changes & brought on new loanee Thompson and Hatfield. Cameron Thompson added pace & more directness to attack while Wheater calmly marshalled defence & showed his class. Eventually Lawlor improvised a goal after a scramble following a corner. We relaxed a bit but nearly paid price as Blyth missed last gasp chance to equalise. Crowd of 1509 were relieved at final whistle to take the 3 points, but little excitment to warm them. Nice clean sheet & hope we can keep that at York on Tuesday. Vital we don't lose that one but we will need to improve our finishing if we want to take those 3 points, but not impossible. C'mon Darlo!

Darlogramps

Darlo v Blyth

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:38 am

lo36789 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:09 pm
Evidently you think you know better, but then that’s always the case with you.
Actually quite the opposite. I have no idea on what would fix it. Does it need a new sprinkler system installed, does it need a growing season where it is cut twice daily to deepen and strengthen the roots, does it just need rolling, does it just need another growing season to take root through the sand base which was installed for drainage.

I assume the rugby club are keeping up with the maintenance schedule which we pay for otherwise it would be a breach of contract. If they are not then that could be the solution.

If just saying "not good enough" make you happy, and validates you then fill your boots. Personally, I'd rather not get too upset or point fingers from a position where I have no idea. There is no evidence, that I have seen, that the rugby club have stopped us doing additional work on the pitch nor that they aren't keeping up with the maintenance agreed - these are baseless.

Unless proven otherwise I start from the basis that everyone is doing what they can with the resources they have - which you seem to translate as "always backing those in authority". Working from there it is clear to me that we are not alone in having a problem with a pitch, and more so that there are many occasions where it is best endeavours until a proper renovation is done during a close season (Runcorn Linnets, Tranmere, Fleetwood, Burton, Rochdale and Hillsborough are all examples of that). If there were a more simple, cost effective solution I imagine DJ would have been able to overcome it.

I mean you might think that having that taking that perspective is lieing, but that is your prerogative.
I’ve already said why you’re a liar earlier in this thread. Literally stated the reason. You previously tried to mislead people by claiming your Step 4 club paid £40k for a groundsman. That wasn’t the case, which you later admitted.

And the posting of other grounds’ pictures without any context is a cheap lazy deflecting tactic that can easily be ignored. The fact other clubs have bad pitches doesn’t change the fact ours is shocking and has been poor most of the season.

As for claiming you don’t know the answer, after the Chorley game you said:
lo36789 wrote: “It just looks like in some areas it could do with water over anything else. The drainage we put in is obviously doing a very good job at removing water from the surface which is why it looks so dry.”
Just needed some water apparently. So you were claiming to know the answers. Do impart your knowledge, oh hypocritical one.
lo36789 wrote: There is no evidence, that I have seen, that the rugby club have stopped us doing additional work on the pitch nor that they aren't keeping up with the maintenance agreed - these are baseless.
Where did I argue they’re not keeping up with the agreement? I haven’t said that. You can’t help yourself with the Trump-like fake news tactics. If you’re going to enter into an argument, it’s really bad form to deliberately misrepresent the argument.

The point is the existing maintenance isn’t good enough. AA has made multiple references to this. It’s happening in every post-match interview after a home game.
lo36789 wrote: Unless proven otherwise I start from the basis that everyone is doing what they can with the resources they have - which you seem to translate as "always backing those in authority".
This sanctimonious statement entirely misses the point. The issue isn’t what people are doing with the resources. The issue is the actual level of resources going into the pitch isn’t enough for the football club.

That’s why we’re playing on a sub-standard cabbage patch. The solution is the club and the rugby club arranging a better maintenance schedule. However we know the rugby club in the past aren’t the most open to anything required by the football club.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:11 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:38 am
I’ve already said why you’re a liar earlier in this thread. Literally stated the reason. You previously tried to mislead people by claiming your Step 4 club paid £40k for a groundsman. That wasn’t the case, which you later admitted.
I acknowledged the figure wasn't his salary when it was obvious it had been interpreted that way?

The conversation was around a £40k revenue stream from external pitch use - this would have included hire + secondary spend income.

The words used were that equated to the cost of the groundsman. The context was around whether that revenue could afford to be lost or needed replacing.

I know it would have been gross (salary plus NI). I don't know if it was his full budget which included third party involvement eg. monthly verti-draining. The point made was £40k outlay.
Darlogramps wrote:
And the posting of other grounds’ pictures without any context is a cheap lazy deflecting tactic that can easily be ignored. The fact other clubs have bad pitches doesn’t change the fact ours is shocking and has been poor most of the season.
Well yes - if you choose to take it out of the context of which it was shared - which was positioned as there isn't always a simple answer - sometimes mid season it is a case of playing the hand you are dealt.
Darlogramps wrote:
As for claiming you don’t know the answer, after the Chorley game you said:
lo36789 wrote: “It just looks like in some areas it could do with water over anything else. The drainage we put in is obviously doing a very good job at removing water from the surface which is why it looks so dry.”
Just needed some water apparently. So you were claiming to know the answers. Do impart your knowledge, oh hypocritical one.
It was an observation - the pitch looked bone dry and was bobbly where the grass was patchy therefore more water "looks like" it would help? I didn't prescribe a watering schedule as the solution.
Darlogramps wrote:
The solution is the club and the rugby club arranging a better maintenance schedule. However we know the rugby club in the past aren’t the most open to anything required by the football club.
This is the fundamental point though - will it. What can actually be done which will actually make a cost effective meaningful difference?

Do you know that those things haven't been explored and the outcome has been "It's going to cost £50k, £100k, £150k etc."

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:32 am

It’s pretty obvious that the pitch is shocking and does not suit at all the way AA wants to play so no wonder he moans about it.
It looked to me like it had been cut again on Sat, why! It cannot be fixed until summer and even then can only be minimal without a big spend so just leave some grass growth on it for now. Unless Blackwell has its own unique weather system, grass is growing in Darlington so just don’t cut it.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:35 am

D_F_C wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 pm
Yes, think there’s a decent bunch in there. Some must keeps are Taylor, Wheater, Lawlor, Hatfield, Lambert. Don’t think there is anyone I’d be desperate to get rid of but maybe a few we could potentially improve on

Thought we played some good stuff in first half, but just couldn’t get the goal. Still deserved to win and looking forward to Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we reckon O'Neill will sign on permanently next year? Joining as an owner seems to indicate he's sticking about

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 am

jjljks wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:43 am
Situation not helped in 2nd half by enforced disruption when Blyth fan collapsed and physios were engaged with that. Ref tried to restart but soon had to stop the game when physios services required.
This was a nasty incident. If you were stood anywhere else in the ground or even off to one side you would not have known what occurred.

Surely the referee's prime consideration at all times should be crowd safety and player safety? When the players came out and started running around we presumed they were warming up but no, the ref allowed kick off and play restarted. But at this very time some unfortunate person was laid out behind the goal receiving serious medical treatment.

jjljks points out that the game had to stop again shortly after because the physics were busy, and this indeed could have been the technical reason but what about the safety and well being of the fan behind the goal? Or the medics working on him? Both of who could of been hit by a football being pinged over the goal.

The referee didn't come over to this goal area before he resumed play to check on the situation in the crowd and he never (it would seem) checked on if the physios were back in their posts, for reasons of player safety.

When a referee restarts a game and a steward then has to walk back on to the pitch to stop it again, there's something wrong :thumbdown:

Edit. Unless of course the ref was informed by the club it was safe to play? If so that raises another question.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:37 am

tdk1 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Yes, think there’s a decent bunch in there. Some must keeps are Taylor, Wheater, Lawlor, Hatfield, Lambert. Don’t think there is anyone I’d be desperate to get rid of but maybe a few we could potentially improve on

Thought we played some good stuff in first half, but just couldn’t get the goal. Still deserved to win and looking forward to Tuesday.

Do we reckon O'Neill will sign on permanently next year? Joining as an owner seems to indicate he's sticking about
Is it not Tommy Taylor who’s signed up as an owner? Apologies if I have missed something about O’Neill.

I’d be surprised if O’Neill was allowed to do that, given he’s employed by another club.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:45 am

Tho we’ve seen AA, Tommy Taylor, Danny O’Connor and Tyrone.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:55 am

tdk1 wrote:
D_F_C wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm "an owner" but I have another job.

It's good PR that hopefully attracts a few more fans to get on board, but I don't think it's any kind of sign that these guys are sticking around for life. I'm sure the club will always have a place in O'Neill's heart as he's been given multiple opportunities to shine by the club when other clubs haven't given him game time.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:59 pm

Strictly speaking he would have a share in the supporters group who in turn are the majority shareholder of the football club.

If you actually look at the articles of the supporters group which is principally to increase community ownership in the club I am not sure that would conflict with any players employment.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:15 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:51 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:57 pm
Im coming up from Mancland, looking forward to it.
OK, you're welcome again now the curse has been broken ;)
I know, thank God!
Last edited by MCFCDarlo3 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:17 pm

Poor game (pitch related?) but a great 3 points.

Must say I thought Alun would have brought the boy Jones on from the bench at some point, would have turned the game surely?

Just not sure which way. ;)
Last edited by MCFCDarlo3 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:22 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:38 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I thought Blyth like Spenny brought very poor away support. Strange as not bad home attendances.

Darlogramps

Darlo v Blyth

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:42 pm

lo36789 wrote:Strictly speaking he would have a share in the supporters group who in turn are the majority shareholder of the football club.

If you actually look at the articles of the supporters group which is principally to increase community ownership in the club I am not sure that would conflict with any players employment.
I’m more thinking of FA rules. Would need to dig out their rules online but not sure how a player employed by one club being part of the majority shareholder of another sits within their rules. Feels like it’s straying into conflict of interest territory.

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:55 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:22 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I thought Blyth like Spenny brought very poor away support. Strange as not bad home attendances.
I wasn’t at yesterdays match did they segregate it for Blyth?

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:42 pm
lo36789 wrote:Strictly speaking he would have a share in the supporters group who in turn are the majority shareholder of the football club.

I’m more thinking of FA rules. Would need to dig out their rules online but not sure how a player employed by one club being part of the majority shareholder of another sits within their rules. Feels like it’s straying into conflict of interest territory.

For anyone interested, this article may be enlightening https://www.danielgeey.com/post/multipl ... een-rules/

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:36 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:55 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:22 pm
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I wasn’t at yesterdays match did they segregate it for Blyth?
No segregation.
Thought we deserved the 3 points especially for our first half performance. Credit again to AA for his use of substitutes as both Hatfield and Thompson had a positive effect on the game when they came on. Really looking forward to York on Tuesday night now. It has been a brilliant turn round in form over the last 5 games and I couldn’t have predicted it a month ago.
As for the state of the pitch I don’t know what to make of it. When I walked around the ground it looked quite dry and bare near the half way line, but it seems quite boggy at the Tin Shed end. Must be difficult for the players to know what studs to wear. Alan described it as a cabbage patch in his post match interview.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Four wins from five, five games unbeaten, two against sides chasing promotion and clean sheets in the last two games.

Just not good enough.

Why are we not putting four and five past sides like Fylde and Chorley? It's clear we can't score goals at one end and stop them at the other.

And the players just don't want to play for Armstrong.

Armstrong out. He just has to go.

Rant over.

Now, if I could just stop that right knee from jerking......

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Who was it who said on here 5 games ago that “the season is over”?

Glad he was wrong.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Glad he was wrong.
Delighted to be proven wrong. Enthusiasm definitely rekindled.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:31 pm

Firstly, a great 3 points on Saturday. That was a different type of win to the ones which we tend to experience under Alun, dominant throughout and nabbing a scrappy goal whilst keeping the door shut at the back (the Lawlor & Wheater effect!).

Secondly, the referee, deary me. We should have had a penalty when O'Neill was clattered by their keeper in the first half. O'Neill got there first and he was flattened. We are seeing an increasing number of goalkeepers being penalised in these type of situations (where the goalkeeper doesn't touch the ball and clatters the man) so it was a real surprise he didn't give it. He also regularly disrupted play by giving numerous soft fouls and the decisions tended to be in Blyth's favour. I was also as surprised as everyone when he decided to resume play, despite the ongoing incident with the Blyth fan behind the goal (I'm glad to hear he is okay). There was an injury on the pitch during the resumption, however both physios were tending to the Blyth supporter. A situation which was wholly unnecessary and could have been worse had the injury on the pitch been more serious.

Thirdly, the pitch, it's shocking. I've banged this drum a few times and it's starting to come to a head. Alun has come out in his post-match interview and expressed his frustrations. I am unsure on who is responsible for the maintenance of the pitch, but this needs sorting. We invested a load of money in re-surfacing the pitch and on the drainage in the early days of moving into BM. I understand that we have aspirations to move away from that pitch, but the likelihood is we are going to be there for a few years yet, so we need to make it work and that may require further investment in the form of additional maintenance, appointment of a groundsman and/or a irrigation system.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:54 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Glad he was wrong.
Delighted to be proven wrong. Enthusiasm definitely rekindled.
It wasn’t you Oldgit :D The name of the person on my mind begins with the letter “P” but I won’t name n shame.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:00 pm

Does anybody know how the Blyth fan that collapsed is now? As he was being carried away on the stretcher past me, he didn't look too good. Hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:00 pm
Does anybody know how the Blyth fan that collapsed is now? As he was being carried away on the stretcher past me, he didn't look too good. Hope it wasn't as bad as it looked.
I’d like to know that as well Pete.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!