New stadium funding

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: New stadium funding

Post by lo36789 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:33 am

Given the clues we have had which are that it is dependent on the new town development plan, and the reference to existing hub sites.

Effectively looking at areas of new house building which would otherwise be underserved by sports facilities and amenities.

That is not Teesside Airport.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:24 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:57 pm
The idea of playing near Teesside Airport is ludicrous. It’s halfway between here and Stockton so we couldn’t legitimately say we were playing in the town.

Fortunately Old Git is wrong about everything (saying Armstrong should be sacked and that our season was over in January being particular favourites) so I’m relaxed it won’t be an option. Largely as it would kill our fanbase who wouldn’t travel that far out.
What I actually said was that Skerningham Village is the most likely option. Teesside Airport was I believe under consideration at one point, but rejected.

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:03 am

Now, now Old Git. That’s not quite true. You were very much extolling the virtues of moving the club back out of town.
Old Git wrote: “I can see the attraction as although it is a long way out, there are good road links in place and plenty of land available.”.
Old Git wrote: “For many supporters Teesside Airport would be just as convenient to access. It all depends where you live of course, but for many it will take as long to get to Skerningham as it would to get to the Airport, and possibly cause less traffic congestion in the town.”.
Stop trying to kid people as we can all read what you wrote.

Also, I’m not buying the idea you have some sort of hotline into the new ground discussions that are taking place. You’re one of the most out of touch people on this board, forever getting things wrong.

You haven’t heard anything Old Git, you’re speculating like everyone else.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:05 am

I mean, it was me that was suggesting Teesside Airport tongue-in-cheek. I’m not sure we need to all fall out.

However, I do think that there’s an argument to be made that a lot of the sites being suggested are going to be dubiously ‘in the town’. While the Faverdale area on face value seems logical, it struggles with traffic already, it’s difficult to get to for much of the town (just look at a map) and i think you’re very likely to run into NIMBYism - largely because of the strained traffic in the area already (you’ll always get miseries moaning about match crowds and I think that’s generally accounted for in any application, but traffic would be a major issue imo.). I would be surprised if permission was granted in that area.

The council would be very likely to point at existing sports hubs and say ‘can’t you do something there’? imo. I’m excited to see what we are presented with though.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:56 am

I still think north end most likely with several developments in the pipeline.
If it's where I think there are options on roads leading into and out off this site which will have a small impact on traffic already using the area.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:14 am

The most logical site is on spare land at blackwell meadows would not cost a fortune to move the stands and tin shed.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:03 am
Now, now Old Git. That’s not quite true. You were very much extolling the virtues of moving the club back out of town.
Old Git wrote: “I can see the attraction as although it is a long way out, there are good road links in place and plenty of land available.”.
Old Git wrote: “For many supporters Teesside Airport would be just as convenient to access. It all depends where you live of course, but for many it will take as long to get to Skerningham as it would to get to the Airport, and possibly cause less traffic congestion in the town.”.
Stop trying to kid people as we can all read what you wrote.

Also, I’m not buying the idea you have some sort of hotline into the new ground discussions that are taking place. You’re one of the most out of touch people on this board, forever getting things wrong.

You haven’t heard anything Old Git, you’re speculating like everyone else.
It all depends on how you define the town. Teesside Airport is within the boundaries of DBC and has a DL2 Postcode. However, I believe that location has been rejected in favour of Skerningham Village. That is my information, take it or leave it, I really don’t care what you think. I certainly don’t claim to have a hotline into the discussions, and time will tell, whether my information is correct.

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 pm

Perhaps you want us to go the whole hog and move all the way up to Tyneside for that huge rivalry with Gateshead you care so much about

Also, you have no information. These are sensitive discussions so if someone had genuinely given it to you, then it was done in confidence, so you wouldn’t be spraying confidential information across a public forum.

Either that or you’re untrustworthy as well as being consistently incorrect about everything.

Like everyone else on here, you’re guessing.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:51 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Perhaps you want us to go the whole hog and move all the way up to Tyneside for that huge rivalry with Gateshead you care so much about Image

Also, you have no information. These are sensitive discussions so if someone had genuinely given it to you, then it was done in confidence, so you wouldn’t be spraying confidential information across a public forum.

Either that or you’re untrustworthy as well as being consistently incorrect about everything.

Sorry Gramps I keep forgetting you are always right. It must be a strain for you to be so knowledgeable. Probably a bigger strain for those who have to put up with you though 😢

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:34 pm

Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Perhaps you want us to go the whole hog and move all the way up to Tyneside for that huge rivalry with Gateshead you care so much about Image

Sorry Gramps I keep forgetting you are always right. It must be a strain for you to be so knowledgeable. Probably a bigger strain for those who have to put up with you though Image

And in comes the exaggeration. Like clockwork. Whenever you get called out, you deflect with exaggerations and personal attacks. It’s all you ever do. You’re too cowardly to come up with a defence of yourself or your point.

You’re making out you have a source who has given you the info about Skerningham. Why, if you’re privy to sensitive information the club want to keep private, would you be throwing this information all over this messageboard?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:34 pm
Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Sorry Gramps I keep forgetting you are always right. It must be a strain for you to be so knowledgeable. Probably a bigger strain for those who have to put up with you though Image

And in comes the exaggeration. Like clockwork. Whenever you get called out, you deflect with exaggerations and personal attacks. It’s all you ever do. You’re too cowardly to come up with a defence of yourself or your point.

You’re making out you have a source who has given you the info about Skerningham. Why, if you’re privy to sensitive information the club want to keep private, would you be throwing this information all over this messageboard?
Ok you never exaggerate. Oh hang on moving to Tyneside is that an exaggeration?

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:39 pm

You do realise what a joke is don’t you? I know you’re hopelessly out of touch but the concept of a joke surely isn’t beyond you.

Now answer my question which you keep dodging. If (as you claim) someone has given you sensitive information which the club wants to keep private, why are you revealing it for all the world to see?

Either you’re incredibly untrustworthy or you’ve made it up. Which is it?

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:39 pm
You do realise what a joke is don’t you? I know you’re hopelessly out of touch but the concept of a joke surely isn’t beyond you.

Now answer my question which you keep dodging. If (as you claim) someone has given you sensitive information which the club wants to keep private, why are you revealing it for all the world to see?

It is hardly sensitive information. Several fans I have spoken to recently are of the same view, and that is Skerningham Village is the going to be the location of the new ground. Maybe it is you who is out of touch, but it might just be that nobody bothers to speak to you.

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:58 am

Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

It is hardly sensitive information. Several fans I have spoken to recently are of the same view, and that is Skerningham Village is the going to be the location of the new ground. Maybe it is you who is out of touch, but it might just be that nobody bothers to speak to you.
I don’t need friends when I’ve got you. All I have to do is wind you up and you reply obsessively to every single one of my posts. Days of fun. Image

Well the location of a new ground is sensitive information, given the club released a statement saying precisely that. Otherwise they would have just revealed where it is in that statement.

But you’ve dodged my question for a third time. Throughout this thread you’ve claimed to have access to private, sensitive, privileged information. Yet you have taken it upon yourself to blurt this out for all to see.

Although now you seem to be saying your info is based on the speculation of a few fans who conveniently agree with everything you say.

So you were making up your source all along and you’re just speculating. Glad we sorted that out.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:36 pm

Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Old Git giving off some serious Darlo Cockney vibes here.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:04 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:58 am
Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I don’t need friends when I’ve got you. All I have to do is wind you up and you reply obsessively to every single one of my posts. Days of fun. Image

Well the location of a new ground is sensitive information, given the club released a statement saying precisely that. Otherwise they would have just revealed where it is in that statement.

But you’ve dodged my question for a third time. Throughout this thread you’ve claimed to have access to private, sensitive, privileged information. Yet you have taken it upon yourself to blurt this out for all to see.

Although now you seem to be saying your info is based on the speculation of a few fans who conveniently agree with everything you say.

So you were making up your source all along and you’re just speculating. Glad we sorted that out.
Have the club said that the announcement will be about the location? I thought it was a general announcement about the stadium situation, not even certain that we are definitely going to be moving?

I would infer that from a ‘stadium update’ but also I’d interpreted that it could be anything from moving to another pitch at Blackwell, (god forbid) going back to the Arena, or a new stadium proposal in any number of locations. Presumably there would be a costing and initial design but then a number of locations could be under consideration / subject to planning permission etc?

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:10 am

H1987 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:04 am

I would infer that from a ‘stadium update’ but also I’d interpreted that it could be anything from moving to another pitch at Blackwell, (god forbid) going back to the Arena, or a new stadium proposal in any number of locations. Presumably there would be a costing and initial design but then a number of locations could be under consideration / subject to planning permission etc?
The great prophet, known only as "Fat Josh" has foretold that the Arena will lose it's safety certificate next year.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:57 am

H1987 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:58 am
Old Git wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Have the club said that the announcement will be about the location? I thought it was a general announcement about the stadium situation, not even certain that we are definitely going to be moving?

I have absolutely no idea what the announcement is going to be. My point was that no one else does either, apart from a handful of people involved in the process, who are sensibly waiting until everything is resolved and in place before announcing.

Yet according to Old Git, it’s an open secret among the fanbase we’re moving up to Skerningham.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:24 am

Hope it is Sheringham ....that's just up the road from me.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:44 pm

I think the club needs to make a statement as soon as possible. This endless speculation is doing nobody any good.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:44 pm
I think the club needs to make a statement as soon as possible. This endless speculation is doing nobody any good.
They literally just did. They said it’s in hand but can’t make a location / situation announcement as it’s still not ready.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:47 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think the club needs to make a statement as soon as possible. This endless speculation is doing nobody any good.
People need to be patient, DJ has already given an update, confidentiality agreements are in place as well as ongoing discussions with business partners.Lets just wait for DJ and the DFCSG to provide updates as and when.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Oh I don’t know Pete it helps to fill in some time between matches and seems to wind Gramps up so it serves a purpose.

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Oh I don’t know Pete it helps to fill in some time between matches and seems to wind Gramps up so it serves a purpose.
There’s only one person wound up here Old Git and it’s you. You can’t even think up original insults any more. You just recycle the insults I’ve used against you (which shows how rattled you are).

Even other people in this thread have worked you out for the fraud you are. You may think you’re being clever in dodging my questions, but evidently you’ve damaged your own credibility and reputation in front of others.

In this thread you went from Skerningham being a possible option, to it being the decided option for a new ground, to it just being speculation among some fans you claim to have spoken to. Three positions in one thread from someone claiming to have inside info.

You’re speculating and haven’t spoken to any other fans. You can hurl as much mud in my direction as you like, but I’m going to keep calling you out for the clueless fraud that you are.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:30 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
They literally just did. They said it’s in hand but can’t make a location / situation announcement as it’s still not ready.
Pete knows they did. He just pretends to be utterly clueless because people correcting him amuses him for some reason.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:33 pm

Had a fantastic Easter Sunday funday with our massive extended family and hoped this endless tedious thread with banter/insults might have drawn to a close but no, on and on it goes. Anyone else as fed up as me?!!

Darlogramps

New stadium funding

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:48 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Had a fantastic Easter Sunday funday with our massive extended family and hoped this endless tedious thread with banter/insults might have drawn to a close but no, on and on it goes. Anyone else as fed up as me?!!
Oh grow up you tedious, sanctimonious hypocrite.

Don’t claim to want a thread to have “drawn to a close” while simultaneously extending it. That doesn’t work.

If you’re that concerned about what goes on in a thread on the internet you’re not involved in, I can recommend various Get A Life clubs for you to attend.

In the meantime, stop trying to spoil my fun with your sanctimony.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:49 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:33 pm
Had a fantastic Easter Sunday funday with our massive extended family and hoped this endless tedious thread with banter/insults might have drawn to a close but no, on and on it goes. Anyone else as fed up as me?!!

I’m aware of posters on here who use this site less because they are fed up with the amount of posts that are spoilt by threads continually turning into unnecessary goading and insulting behaviour.

This forum has been brilliant over the years, but if people slowly drift away because of the actions of a few then that will harmful, not only to this board but I.M.O. also to the club too.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:46 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:

It is incredibly tiresome, I agree. I always check to see who the last contributor is before opening a thread, and if it is the usual suspects I pass. My work life is full of enough pedantic, passive-aggressive energy-vampires.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:04 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Yep.