Hereford V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford V Darlington

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:35 am

Hopefully we can bounce back from Tuesdays result :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Hereford V Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:27 pm

poppyfield wrote:Hopefully we can bounce back from Tuesdays result Image
We don't play until next week ?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:13 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:27 pm
poppyfield wrote:Hopefully we can bounce back from Tuesdays result Image
We don't play until next week ?

To be fair , I didn't say we were playing today :oops:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Should think Moke will start on Saturday, it will of done Wheater the world of good not having a game last Saturday

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:33 pm

I’d be inclined to go with this.

Taylor,
Griffiths, Wheater, Lawlor, Hedley,
Hatfield, Rose, Purver,
Lambert, O’Neill, KDS

Bench;
Rivers, Cassidy, Moke, Smith, Thompson.

See you all down there, safe travels. Up the Darlo.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:33 pm
Should think Moke will start on Saturday, it will of done Wheater the world of good not having a game last Saturday
Agree Wheater has to be careful about the number of games played as he seemed off his potential last time out. Trouble is, he brings so much experience & professionalism to our defence, we look vulnerable without him. Hope he can get fitter & build up his stamina during our run in then return next season in top form.
Moke won't have had enough time with the team to build any partnerships yet, so probably not ready for a start but must be on the bench & get some solid match minutes in. Great to have him in our squad.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:57 pm

Back to the poor concentration in first few minutes which resulted in us giving them a goal start. Scrappy game with few chances either end but at least Lambert managed to get his toe in to equalise, just wonder why he did not start. Thompson seemed to have a good game & more than justified his selection. Unusually, Will Hatfield failed to convert a penalty won by Thompson so In the end we had to settle for a point. Better than losing but not enough to keep in touch with the playoff places - 7 points adrift & no games in hand.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm

End of season feel on the pitch and on this forum today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:46 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:12 pm
End of season feel on the pitch and on this forum today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next two home fixtures (vs Southport and Boston) will determine whether we want to keep our slim hopes of scraping the playoffs alive or just settling for the end of season cruise.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:09 am

Wasn’t there but from the sounds of it we were good value for the point and had our opportunities to take all three, not least the missed penalty.

Very much a long shot to make the play-offs from here. Even AA himself is talking more about being excited for next season rather than this one.

Does feel like these next 10 games are more about working out who stays for the next campaign.

A couple of wins in our next two might open things up again but it does have the feeling of a season petering out and building for the next one.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Lallacab

Post by Lallacab » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:55 am

Really interested to see which players the fans think should be moved on in the summer and who’s contracts should be renewed ?

For me the permanent signing of Danny Rose is a must

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:48 am

If we can keep Wheater for an additional signing and get Rose on a permanent deal; I’ll be happy.

Wouldn’t mind Thompson for a full season too. Lad is quality.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:43 am

AndyPark wrote:If we can keep Wheater for an additional signing and get Rose on a permanent deal; I’ll be happy.

Listening to DFR he seemed to be causing them all sorts of problems.Very impressed with Rob Purdie as co-commentator, summed us up pretty well, rated Danny Rose very highly and highlighted the need for better attacking options.Pretty sure this will be top of Aa's list of priorities for next season

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:56 am

We should have won the game, the subs made a difference.

As above Thompson looks quality, Cassidy annoys defenders so much and so gives others space to operate, would always be in my team.

I got home to Mancland at 10.30am after leaving my house at 9am, the Darlo lads I travelled with on the train left at 7am and got home at 1.30am this morning, what support.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Our fans are fantastic. Well done for that effort. I was at Tranmere on Tuesday, league 2 and Harrogate had 55 fans there....a coachful. More than Stevenages 39 though!!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:59 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:48 am
If we can keep Wheater for an additional signing and get Rose on a permanent deal; I’ll be happy.

Spot on, Andy

cbh89f

Post by cbh89f » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:56 am

As above Thompson looks quality, Cassidy annoys defenders so much and so gives others space to operate, would always be in my team.

I got home to Mancland at 10.30am after leaving my house at 9am, the Darlo lads I travelled with on the train left at 7am and got home at 1.30am this morning, what support.
Glad to see you all got back home eventually after speaking to you in the Oxford Arms after the game and you weren’t sure where you were going to head for 😂

cbh89f

Post by cbh89f » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:09 am
Wasn’t there but from the sounds of it we were good value for the point and had our opportunities to take all three, not least the missed penalty.

Very much a long shot to make the play-offs from here. Even AA himself is talking more about being excited for next season rather than this one.

Does feel like these next 10 games are more about working out who stays for the next campaign.

A couple of wins in our next two might open things up again but it does have the feeling of a season petering out and building for the next one.
There was the usual lack of shots .
The first positive shot on goal was from Cassidy when he came on .
The first half was like Telford with us having all the possession without creating a scoring opportunity and giving away a soft goal ..
Luckily we kept it tight and got a goal to get a point ..

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:37 pm

cbh89f wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:56 am

Glad to see you all got back home eventually after speaking to you in the Oxford Arms after the game and you weren’t sure where you were going to head for 😂
Bet you were relieved we didnt stay at yours! :thumbup: