Adriano Moke joins

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Adriano Moke joins

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:50 pm

Has signed for us today. Vastly experienced. Plenty of Spennymoor fans were disappointed he left them.
AA already describing this as building for next season.

Meanwhile Joe Wheatley has gone to Marske for the rest of the season.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerlad

Re: Adriano Moke

Post by Quakerlad » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:03 pm

Great signing purely based on whenever I have seen him play in the past. Reckon it must mean at least one of existing 4 will be leaving. Moke, Hatfield, Rose would be fairly acceptable next year! Fingers crossed. Reckon Wheatley most likely to leave, but who knows.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Wheatley just hasn't seemed himself this year.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:18 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm
Recently started a full time job , struggled with fitting in training travelling etc might be that Marske schedule fits in better. If not hopefully he can get himself back fighting for a place.

Vodka_Vic

Re: Adriano Moke joins

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:07 pm

He had a bereavement as well didn't he, so that may have hit him hard too.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:49 pm

Back to Moke, over the years I've seen him play quite a lot. He is talented player, a good playmaker however sometimes he seems ineffective. But he's not a tough tackling/in yer face thug, so I guess that's why Bernard and Jono (or whatever they're called) moved him on.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 am

Wonder if he'll try this if he gets stick from the Tin Shed:
"Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious."

50 years

Post by 50 years » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:33 am

York fans were not happy when he put that out to some fans he was getting stick from.
Feedback from York when he was there, skillfull but ineffective a lot of the time, while a supposedly attacking midfielder he often ended up passing the ball backward. York and Spenny didn't want him and they are promotion candidates? so not sure he will be a one for next season, but AA must see an opportunity with his attacking style of play.

Darlogramps

Adriano Moke joins

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:20 am

50 years wrote: York and Spenny didn't want him and they are promotion candidates? so not sure he will be a one for next season, but AA must see an opportunity with his attacking style of play.
AA has quite literally said in his interview that Moke has been signed with next season in mind. It couldn’t have been more explicit.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:27 am

Armstrong does like his team to play good football when possible. Moke (I feel) could help in this department.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:27 am

biccynana wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:06 am
"Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious."
I thought it was that guy. I'm having trouble getting past that, I'd rather we hadn't signed him.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:59 am

No complaints from me about this signing providing it is only til the end of the season..
That gives AA more than enough time to assess him. Should he prove his worth then that will be the time to offer terms for next season.

Darlogramps

Adriano Moke joins

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:22 am

Makka Pakka wrote:
biccynana wrote:
I thought it was that guy. I'm having trouble getting past that, I'd rather we hadn't signed him.
Why? Because he made a mistake on social media four years ago? Stop being melodramatic.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:04 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:22 am
Makka Pakka wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Why? Because he made a mistake on social media four years ago? Stop being melodramatic.
Well said gramps, wish we hadn't signed him after he bit at one of the many trolls on social media 4 years ago! WTF
Hope the lad goes on to do well for us

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:21 pm

Anyone remember the classic Mini Moke? I will be happy if Adriano is half as good.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:26 pm

I remember Curtis Woodhouse turning up outside an internet troll's house after getting abuse. Footie players are only human and Moke was hammered for it at the time. How many times have we seen people being offered out on here? Presume he's learnt his lesson and hopefully he'll enjoy being part of a fan owned club and benefit from the experience.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:48 pm

jjljks wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:21 pm
Anyone remember the classic Mini Moke? I will be happy if Adriano is half as good.

I do :thumbup: Very "hip" in the late 60s/early 70s. I recall pop bands of that time driving around in them.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:34 am

eddie-rowles wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:18 pm
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm
Recently started a full time job , struggled with fitting in training travelling etc might be that Marske schedule fits in better. If not hopefully he can get himself back fighting for a place.
Seems from AA interview Joe asked to leave which is fair enough . Also Adriano has "some issues to resolve" so might not play until Tuesday