Will Hatfield

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Will Hatfield

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:11 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:36 pm
Not sure I’ll be doing BTB after this move, really disappointed will express by view from the ground tonight if I meet any directors.
Not the fault of anyone connected to the management of DFC so pointless and ridiculous to have a go at anyone. Like me,I understand your disappointment and frustration, but we have no option other than to accept the situation and move on. It is all part of being a fan owned club and until and unless that changes it will continue to happen. The real debate will begin if we are ever in a position of having to choose between investment and fan ownership.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Not sure I’ll be doing BTB after this move, really disappointed will express by view from the ground tonight if I meet any directors.
So much fail in one post.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:15 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:11 pm
Darlobill wrote:
Not the fault of anyone connected to the management of DFC so pointless and ridiculous to have a go at anyone. Like me,I understand your disappointment and frustration, but we have no option other than to accept the situation and move on. It is all part of being a fan owned club and until and unless that changes it will continue to happen. The real debate will begin if we are ever in a position of having to choose between investment and fan ownership.
No debate from me unless it's a multi millionaire Darlo fan who wants nothing in return.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:31 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:11 pm
Darlobill wrote:
You could both club together, sell your houses, draw down any pension savings, sell the family silver, flog your crypto, check for anything down the back of the sofa and put it all into BTB for next season. Should give us a chunk of cash to go and spend on players for next season. That's what you're asking for someone else to do spend/lose their wealth on your hobby.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:40 pm

Gutted to see him go but its where we are now.

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:31 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Words fail me!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:50 pm

And guess what, he scores tonight for Fylde to beat the pride.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:04 pm

Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:43 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:26 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:57 pm
Bit of a surprise to say the least but apparently offered fantastic money and a chance to go back full time. Didn’t think for one minute that he would be tempted away for full time football at his age. Just shows you how much money talks and how little loyalty most players have to clubs these days. I for one won’t be cheering him if he returns to BM next season with Fylde.
Embarrassing.
Bizarre. Why would I feel embarrassed about not cheering him playing for an opposing team?
I have not said I would boo him. I can understand why he has moved, but I don’t have to be pleased about it.
By implication you have accused him of having 'little loyalty' for deciding to better himself by moving to full-time football and improved financial security at a club which is currently in a better standing than we are. What's wrong with that?

I suspect you will be the one - the only one - who doesn't give him a warm reception if he returns to play at Blackwell Meadows with Fylde.

Like I said previously - embarrrassing.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:14 pm

Will H did us a good turn by scoring at Spenny tonight and we now have KDS to take & miss the penalties!😬

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:14 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:04 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:43 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:26 pm
Old Git wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:57 pm
Bit of a surprise to say the least but apparently offered fantastic money and a chance to go back full time. Didn’t think for one minute that he would be tempted away for full time football at his age. Just shows you how much money talks and how little loyalty most players have to clubs these days. I for one won’t be cheering him if he returns to BM next season with Fylde.
Embarrassing.
Bizarre. Why would I feel embarrassed about not cheering him playing for an opposing team?
I have not said I would boo him. I can understand why he has moved, but I don’t have to be pleased about it.
By implication you have accused him of having 'little loyalty' for deciding to better himself by moving to full-time football and improved financial security at a club which is currently in a better standing than we are. What's wrong with that?

I suspect you will be the one - the only one - who doesn't give him a warm reception if he returns to play at Blackwell Meadows with Fylde.

Like I said previously - embarrrassing.
No I will be saving my support for the Darlington players. Not at all embarrassing for me to do that.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:55 pm

Decent footballer takes opportunity for more money and full time job in “no shock shocker”

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:03 am

Probably the wrong comment from me so hold my hands up, just frustrated with this season and a bad work day yesterday.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:38 am

Another factor on him going I think is where we are in the League. If we were sitting pretty in the playoffs with a chance of going up I don't think he would have gone. I've just listened to the James Rowe (Fylde manager) after their win at Spenny, and he said he has tried to sign Will in the past when he was at Chesterfield- and I'm sure the money at Chesterfield would have been better than at Darlo. At the moment, although we have a chance of the playoffs, it is an outside chance. So yes Alun can moan and groan about losing him, but the fact is we have not been challenging this season, we have been a mid table side. I thought our chances of the playoffs were over after the defeat to York, but Boston is a massive game - its another win or bust one, a draw is not good enough.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 am

Fylde have just bid £100k for Gloucester striker McClure

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:49 am

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 am
Fylde have just bid £100k for Gloucester striker McClure
James Rowe doesn't half love a big budget!

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:43 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:38 am
I've just listened to the James Rowe (Fylde manager) after their win at Spenny, and he said he has tried to sign Will in the past when he was at Chesterfield- and I'm sure the money at Chesterfield would have been better than at Darlo.
It was when he was managing Gloucester

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:25 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Another factor on him going I think is where we are in the League. If we were sitting pretty in the playoffs with a chance of going up I don't think he would have gone. I've just listened to the James Rowe (Fylde manager) after their win at Spenny, and he said he has tried to sign Will in the past when he was at Chesterfield- and I'm sure the money at Chesterfield would have been better than at Darlo. At the moment, although we have a chance of the playoffs, it is an outside chance. So yes Alun can moan and groan about losing him, but the fact is we have not been challenging this season, we have been a mid table side. I thought our chances of the playoffs were over after the defeat to York, but Boston is a massive game - its another win or bust one, a draw is not good enough.
You need to clean your ears out. He said he tried to sign him for the club he was working at before Chesterfield i.e. Gloucester City.

Also you’ve entirely contradicted yourself. You don’t think Hatfield would have left if we’d been challenging for promotion, and then in your last sentence you say we’re challenging for the play-offs.

You can try and twist it whichever way you want, but Hatfield has been given a ridiculously good offer by Fylde, which works well for him at this stage in his life. It’s better than what we can offer so he’s gone. That’s all there is to it. Anything else is supposition and guesswork on your part.

And given you can’t listen properly to interviews, any supposition and guesswork from you has less credibility.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:25 am
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Another factor on him going I think is where we are in the League. If we were sitting pretty in the playoffs with a chance of going up I don't think he would have gone. I've just listened to the James Rowe (Fylde manager) after their win at Spenny, and he said he has tried to sign Will in the past when he was at Chesterfield- and I'm sure the money at Chesterfield would have been better than at Darlo. At the moment, although we have a chance of the playoffs, it is an outside chance. So yes Alun can moan and groan about losing him, but the fact is we have not been challenging this season, we have been a mid table side. I thought our chances of the playoffs were over after the defeat to York, but Boston is a massive game - its another win or bust one, a draw is not good enough.
You need to clean your ears out. He said he tried to sign him for the club he was working at before Chesterfield i.e. Gloucester City.

Also you’ve entirely contradicted yourself. You don’t think Hatfield would have left if we’d been challenging for promotion, and then in your last sentence you say we’re challenging for the play-offs.

You can try and twist it whichever way you want, but Hatfield has been given a ridiculously good offer by Fylde, which works well for him at this stage in his life. It’s better than what we can offer so he’s gone. That’s all there is to it. Anything else is supposition and guesswork on your part.

And given you can’t listen properly to interviews, any supposition and guesswork from you has less credibility.
Would anyone on here turn down a 2/3 times pay rise? I very much doubt it.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Just looking at Fylde's run-in, Will H could help us even more by scoring against York, Kettering, Southport, Boston, Chester and Hereford. Fylde still have a bit to do but playoffs is still all in their hands whereas we need to win every game & still rely on other results going our way.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:10 pm

It’s a tall order granted but we don’t need to win every game - draws won’t be much use though.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:34 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:06 am
Darlogramps wrote:

Would anyone on here turn down a 2/3 times pay rise? I very much doubt it.
Old Git would. It shows 'little loyalty'.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:51 pm

This is very well earned move. He has been superb. I think he is in the top 2/3 players we have had since we started over and would prob have him in my all time Darlo team or close to it.

I do get the depression on here though. Seems like for a proper promotion push we will need either:

a) to stumble on six really good players at once and hope nobody full time notices.
b) one of us wins the lottery.

Hoping for both.

Darlopj

Post by Darlopj » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:53 pm

Darlobill wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:03 am
Probably the wrong comment from me so hold my hands up, just frustrated with this season and a bad work day yesterday.
Fair play to you. We all say/do things in frustration. At least you're not like a certain poster on Facebook who didn't like the team AA picked and still thought it was wrong (ie. he was right) after a win.

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 pm

Darlopj wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:53 pm
Darlobill wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:03 am
Fair play to you. We all say/do things in frustration. At least you're not like a certain poster on Facebook who didn't like the team AA picked and still thought it was wrong (ie. he was right) after a win.
Thanks it was a crass comment and the best to Will.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:19 pm

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a shock but you can't begrudge him full time football with a promotion chasing side, and dare I say a shrewd signing by James Rowe.

I fear Tommy Taylor could well be the next of our top performers to get poached.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:14 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:19 pm
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a shock but you can't begrudge him full time football with a promotion chasing side, and dare I say a shrewd signing by James Rowe.

I fear Tommy Taylor could well be the next of our top performers to get poached.
I think TT has had trials at EFL clubs in the past without ever impressing enough to earn a contract. Has certainly been a good signing for us and could be on the radar of full time clubs,but for me KDS is the most likely of our current players to be attracting the interest of bigger clubs. He is only early 20s and looks to me like he would improve further with full time training and coaching. Could be a really exciting prospect, has pace and bags of skill, and can make an impact at a higher level.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Old Git wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:14 pm
quaker4life wrote:

I think TT has had trials at EFL clubs in the past without ever impressing enough to earn a contract. Has certainly been a good signing for us and could be on the radar of full time clubs,but for me KDS is the most likely of our current players to be attracting the interest of bigger clubs. He is only early 20s and looks to me like he would improve further with full time training and coaching. Could be a really exciting prospect, has pace and bags of skill, and can make an impact at a higher level.
He'll certainly have to work on his penalty taking! His effort on Tuesday night was Windass-esque.

He is a work in progress though, I think the only thing that has let him down this season is his goal tally we've seen him produce the spectacular against Hereford at home and Fylde but for all his pace and trickery he is yet to establish himself as out and out goalscorer, I think the best is yet to come though so hopefully he'll stay with us for another couple of years at least.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:53 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 pm
Old Git wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:14 pm
quaker4life wrote:

He'll certainly have to work on his penalty taking! His effort on Tuesday night was Windass-esque.

He is a work in progress though, I think the only thing that has let him down this season is his goal tally we've seen him produce the spectacular against Hereford at home and Fylde but for all his pace and trickery he is yet to establish himself as out and out goalscorer, I think the best is yet to come though so hopefully he'll stay with us for another couple of years at least.
I agree it is more about the potential he has for the future than his achievements to date, but surely that is what you would expect at this stage of his career. He certainly does need to add more goals to his game, but I think he has much more to offer, and someone may take a punt on him.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:12 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

An expected response from Darlogrumps. I bet you are fun at parties :)
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlogramps

Will Hatfield

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

An expected response from Darlogrumps. I bet you are fun at parties :)
Well at least I’m original and can think for myself, unlike you. Try not recycling soundbites you’ve heard on social media. Makes you sound cringeworthy.

But the point stands, you’re either wrong or have contradicted yourself on everything you put in your post.

Care to address that fact?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY