Give Me A Ring

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

banktopp
Team Supported: Darlington

Give Me A Ring

Post by banktopp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:28 am

Alan told Will Hatfield to give him a ring if things don't work out. Tongue in cheek no doubt as they certainly will.
I hope he also told Luke Charman to give him a ring in similar circumstances.
Quote from Rochdale forum,
"If i were Charman, i'd be unhappy too, having uprooted from a steady job with the lure of one (perhaps) last chance of making it in professional football. It's a tough old game at times, and looks like he's getting short shrift after being scouted and a fee paid
Of course, that could all be a misinterpretation, but it shouldn't be open to that through being broadcast so publicly - if reports are correct"

Things definitely not working out for the lad, only making cameo appearances from the bench, getting stick from the management in public,
fortunately the fans support him venting their anger on the management. Rochdale have scored 3 goals in their last 7 matches.
Pick up the phone Luke.

PierremontQuaker03

Re: Give Me A Ring

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:11 am

I've noticed this, he hasn't been given a start yet in the League. Seems very strange given the circumstances. If they weren't going to play him until next season he could have stayed with us for the rest of the season to get game time.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:15 am

It has been a little surprising that Charman has not had more game time since joining Rochdale. I put it down to their management trying to ease him back into full time football and not wanting to over use him as he adjusts to the demands of League 2. I would have thought he will really come in to his own next season after he has got a full preseason training behind him.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:16 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I've noticed this, he hasn't been given a start yet in the League. Seems very strange given the circumstances. If they weren't going to play him until next season he could have stayed with us for the rest of the season to get game time.
I thought he did get a start one Saturday but got took off at half time. Newby seems to be scoring their goals these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:28 pm

Quaker85 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:16 pm
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I've noticed this, he hasn't been given a start yet in the League. Seems very strange given the circumstances. If they weren't going to play him until next season he could have stayed with us for the rest of the season to get game time.
I thought he did get a start one Saturday but got took off at half time. Newby seems to be scoring their goals these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Newby scored only 6 all season, one in the last 7 games with the team only managing 3 goals in the last 7 games, hence fans
are not happy at the treatment of Charman warming his backside on the bench.
Begs the question, why buy him if you are not going to give him a chance in a team that can't score goals.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:49 am

Don't hold your breath. Luke played the full game in a 2-0 win against Carlisle the other night in front of a massive 2,160 crowd.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:16 pm

The step up of 2 divisions and from part time to full time is a big one. Anyone expecting instant results is a bit of a fool - I expect next season is when Rochdale will see what Charman is or isn't capable of.

Players, especially young ones, need time to adapt to completely new circumstances.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:20 pm

He played the full game today as well.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:24 pm

Playing quite well last couple of games according to Rochdale forum.

I am sure a full pre-season and he will go from strength to strength, I know we all want him to do so well that Rochdale sell him for big money.