BPA v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
Darlopartisan
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

BPA v Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:14 am

Lovely day for it👍

Lallacab
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:49 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by Lallacab » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:09 pm

Team: Taylor, Hedley, Storey, Lawlor, Smith, Purver, Lowe, Rivers, Dos Santos, Thompson, Cassidy

Subs: Lambert, Rose, Moke, Mondal, O’Neill

Can only assume Ellis , Wheater and Griffiths are injured with no defenders on the bench ?

super_les_mcjannet
Posts: 5894
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:24 pm

I looked at the team and assumed that AA wants to put his best team out for the final home game of the season on Monday.

Hopefully we have enough to get the win today anyhow, be nice to win a few at the end of the season.

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2363
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:43 pm

Could be that some are playing for contracts and AA has yet to decide on them.Smith,Rivers,Purver and Cassidy could be some AA is not sure about and odd that Griffith's is not on the bench unless he is injured

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:18 pm

Perhaps Griffiths is in the bad books because he gave away that soft penalty last week ;) I got a good view of it - I don't think he was switched on because he made two daft mistakes in quick succession.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.
The Blackwell Meadows clock is wrong all day every day.

Darlo_Pete
Posts: 13514
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:54 pm

Average performance today, out crosses and in particular our corners were abysmal. I think we created more chances, but they had the better goal scoring opportunities. Tremendous save by Taylor near the end. I reckon around 200 Darlo fans made the trip.

PierremontQuaker03
Posts: 2018
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:02 pm

I do like the look of Lowe and I hope he signs, but the last few games have been concerning. Are we expecting a serious change in form next season? I hope Alun is ruthless at the end of the season with who he lets go, while I have no concerns with who have signed up for next season, some need to move on.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 2363
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:28 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I do like the look of Lowe and I hope he signs, but the last few games have been concerning. Are we expecting a serious change in form next season? I hope Alun is ruthless at the end of the season with who he lets go, while I have no concerns with who have signed up for next season, some need to move on.
Must admit I really like the look of Lowe, still young and will get better.Really think we should release 7 or 8 players and get Rose and Lambert signed up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LoidLucan
Posts: 3758
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by LoidLucan » Sun May 01, 2022 8:09 am

Holloway was right in his interview that it was a nailed on penalty when Rivers was clearly tripped in the box. The ref was very well placed but bafflingly waved play on. Even the Bradford fans near us thought it was a clear and obvious foul. It also didn't look a foul on the keeper when Cassidy's header crossed the line. The ref did seem to blow for a foul every time the keeper fell over which seemed to happen quite a lot each time he missed the ball. Overall though a fair result.

User avatar
uncovered
Site Admin
Posts: 2216
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by uncovered » Sun May 01, 2022 11:36 am

I was a nailed on penalty on rivers happened right in front of me and did to the quiet atmosphere you could clearly hear the contact. I cannot understand why the ref waved play on.

Overall Bradford had the best chances and Tommy once again played a blinder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quaker4life
Posts: 2605
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Contact:

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by quaker4life » Sun May 01, 2022 12:37 pm

If ever there was an archetypal end of season game yesterday was almost certainly it, a very dour game between two teams of also rans.

The second half was at least a little bit more lively both teams creating chances but neither really looking like scoring, I wasn't sure about the penalty incident at first Rivers seemed to hit the the canvas a little too easily although there did appear to be contact. Not that it matters now of course, had something been riding on yesterday's game a goalless draw would probably have felt like a defeat, it's disappointing we've fallen away in the manner we have after going into the Easter weekend in a strong position to challenge for the play-offs but we can still take some encouragement going forward into next season.

It seems like bit of a strange coincidence our final home game this season is against Farsley who were our final opponents before we went into down lockdown, hopefully we'll get the right result this time!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun May 01, 2022 1:58 pm

quaker4life wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:37 pm
If ever there was an archetypal end of season game yesterday was almost certainly it, a very dour game between two teams of also rans.

The second half was at least a little bit more lively both teams creating chances but neither really looking like scoring, I wasn't sure about the penalty incident at first Rivers seemed to hit the the canvas a little too easily although there did appear to be contact. Not that it matters now of course, had something been riding on yesterday's game a goalless draw would probably have felt like a defeat, it's disappointing we've fallen away in the manner we have after going into the Easter weekend in a strong position to challenge for the play-offs but we can still take some encouragement going forward into next season.

It seems like bit of a strange coincidence our final home game this season is against Farsley who were our final opponents before we went into down lockdown, hopefully we'll get the right result this time!
Yep, I was thinking that. At that final game V Farsley, by chance I ended up standing next to and chatting briefly with the Farsley vice chairman. He was adamant that this COVID thing was a storm in a teacup and thought people were overreacting. I’m not criticising him here btw - none of us can predict the future, it’s just that I remember this conversation.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.
The Blackwell Meadows clock is wrong all day every day.

JE93
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by JE93 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 am

Just watched the highlights. TBF I've seen worse 0-0's. Both teams seemed to give it a go without much fear of having much to lose, both just lacked a bit a quality in front of goal to get the result. We had a couple of chances and their keeper made a very good save to keep out Dos Santos in the 2nd half, similarly Taylor pulled off a couple of great saves, one 1v1 in the first half then the point blank save in the second. Really showing why he was a key player to get signed to a contract early. Hopefully we can finish well in front of our fans at Farsley and get some gals.

One other thing I'd say, not sure where we'll get to on the Jacob Hazel deal but, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Lewis Knight (BPA number 10 on the day). Plenty of pace, got in behind our back four a few times and stretched the game well. Notts County bought him last season when things were cut short but he doesn't seem to have broken through and has been loaned back out so potentially a season long loan might be an option. Would certainly add some pace to our front line and maybe a bit more realistic than Thompson who I'd imagine Barnsley would want playing higher if they retain him.

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 2052
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am

Are you looking for love JE93?

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon May 02, 2022 11:08 am

JE93 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 am
Hopefully we can finish well in front of our fans at Farsley and get some gals.
❤️ - He is looking for lurve.........
A stopped clock is right twice a day.
The Blackwell Meadows clock is wrong all day every day.

JE93
Posts: 1698
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: BPA v Darlington

Post by JE93 » Mon May 02, 2022 11:14 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:08 am
JE93 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:39 am
Hopefully we can finish well in front of our fans at Farsley and get some gals.
❤️ - He is looking for lurve.........
Just looking for a way to properly motivate the players :lol:

It'll teach me to proof read atleast :oops:

Post Reply