Robbie Dale

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Post Reply
tdk1
Posts: 2247
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:21 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Robbie Dale

Post by tdk1 » Thu May 05, 2022 11:38 am

See Robbie Dale is leaving Blyth again. Interestingly, Blyth don't say he's retiring, they say he's leaving - wonder if he's actually going to pitch up at another club up that way. Shields perhaps?

lo36789
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Doubt he'd be going full time now. You would have thought a Morpeth or similar would be more likely.

In the latest news around a club with money to burn. Macclesfield have just announced they are going full time next season...they are step 4 for anyone interested.

They will be competing against clubs with annual playing budgets of under £50k with a full time squad.

shildonlad
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by shildonlad » Fri May 06, 2022 1:01 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:21 pm
Doubt he'd be going full time now. You would have thought a Morpeth or similar would be more likely.

In the latest news around a club with money to burn. Macclesfield have just announced they are going full time next season...they are step 4 for anyone interested.

They will be competing against clubs with annual playing budgets of under £50k with a full time squad.
That is bliddy ludricious! Who on earth do they need to go full time at step 4, even more crazier than s shields who still never went up, anyone recall the last club to go full time at step 4, that never ended well
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 12033
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by Spyman » Fri May 06, 2022 2:04 pm

lo36789 wrote:Doubt he'd be going full time now. You would have thought a Morpeth or similar would be more likely.

In the latest news around a club with money to burn. Macclesfield have just announced they are going full time next season...they are step 4 for anyone interested.

They will be competing against clubs with annual playing budgets of under £50k with a full time squad.
That just seems like a pointless waste of money. Why pay full time wages when you're realistically not going to need to pay anywhere close to that to win the league?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:14 am

Who knows.

If you can afford full time I think they would get a better return for their money if they just took a cherry picker to Altrincham, Curzon Ashton, Buxton and Matlock's squads.

Get their best part-time players would get them through the next two divisions quick as anything.

They do say they can afford it as they are averaging gates over 4000, plus they have a 3G pitch so have that revenue on top.

User avatar
theoriginalfatcat
Posts: 5428
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat May 07, 2022 8:21 am

If you can afford it, why not? Why mess about?

There was a season we got knocked out in the playoffs (Ramsbottom) and this held us up by a year but wouldn’t have happened if we’d been sitting comfortably at the top of the league.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.
The Blackwell Meadows clock is wrong all day every day.

lo36789
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 07, 2022 8:50 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:21 am
If you can afford it, why not? Why mess about?

There was a season we got knocked out in the playoffs (Ramsbottom) and this held us up by a year but wouldn’t have happened if we’d been sitting comfortably at the top of the league.
Yeh we spent more than anyone else in the division that season and it still didn't help us.

Ghost_Of_1883
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:30 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 5:14 am
Who knows.

If you can afford full time I think they would get a better return for their money if they just took a cherry picker to Altrincham, Curzon Ashton, Buxton and Matlock's squads.

Get their best part-time players would get them through the next two divisions quick as anything.

They do say they can afford it as they are averaging gates over 4000, plus they have a 3G pitch so have that revenue on top.
How are Macclesfield getting gates above 4,000?! But yes, on those gates plus income from the 3G pitch it should be affordable - though still a complete waste of money.

They'd be better off saving that extra income for the next couple of seasons then they'd have a hell of a financial cushion going forwards.
#Arenaherewecome

lo36789
Posts: 9964
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:26 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:30 am
How are Macclesfield getting gates above 4,000?! But yes, on those gates plus income from the 3G pitch it should be affordable - though still a complete waste of money.

They'd be better off saving that extra income for the next couple of seasons then they'd have a hell of a financial cushion going forwards.
Hold my hands up. I shouldn't have taken this tweet from a Macclesfield fan as read.

https://twitter.com/johnhsteel/status/1 ... ss4ow&s=19

I assumed he'd know what he was talking about but a quick flick through their fixtures this season he is lieing.

Their average is low 3000s I imagine. They had 6 games over 4000 towards the end of the season.

Still to be fair to them they were getting sub 2000 in League Two.

shildonlad
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 pm
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gatesheas
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 08, 2022 3:43 pm

I wonder if robbie dale will drop to the northern league. Due to his age he cant have long left before he retires completely
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

User avatar
Quaker85
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:38 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Robbie Dale

Post by Quaker85 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:58 pm

shildonlad wrote:I wonder if robbie dale will drop to the northern league. Due to his age he cant have long left before he retires completely
There’s also Morpeth and Hebburn in the NPL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply