Best Darlo goals you’ve seen live

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

banktopp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Best Darlo goals you’ve seen live

Post by banktopp » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:18 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:03 pm
Craig Liddle away at Bristol Rovers
That's mine as well.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:18 pm

Mitch Cook at Northampton on a beautiful spring day in April 1991, not just the best goal I’ve ever seen Darlo score, but probably the best goal I’ve ever seen ‘live’ (ie at a match I attended) by any team. Prud rolls the ball to Toman, he splits two Northampton players with a beautiful curling pass to play in Super Les on Darlo’s right hand side over the half way line, Les crosses first time to the opposite side of the pitch where Cook leathers it, full on the volley from the corner of the Northampton box. From Prud's hands to the back of the Northampton net in about seven seconds. Incredible.

Pretty ropey quality but here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-7ZAo-TCA.

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:54 am

Other than the length of time and that it was a mid week away match, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Steve Holbrooks goal for Darlington at Highfield Road (Coventry) in the league cup during the 1973/74 season. Darlington eventually lost 5-1.

It was as close to a mirror image of Ron Ferguson's goal against Sheffield Wednesday as it is possible to get.