Mutterings From The Monkey Hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Mutterings From The Monkey Hangers

Post by Old Git » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:11 am

Seems some of the Poolie fans are not too happy with the way things are going in Monkeyland. Several experienced players have opted to move on, and as yet have not been replaced. Indeed,they have cancelled a preseason game against St Mirren tomorrow night, saying they wish to concentrate on training at this stage of their build up.
Some fans are speculating that Raj is reluctant to to offer the money to keep their players, and they are voting with their feet,and those that can are leaving. It seems likely that the new manager Peter Hartley will seek to recruit from north of the border, where he is more familiar with the situation. Remember Gordon Strachan doing similar at Boro which proved to be unsuccessful.
Of course it may all be preseason jitters from a few Poolie bed wetters, but will be interesting to see what happens. What price Pools for relegation?

darloed19

Re: Mutterings From The Monkey Hangers

Post by darloed19 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:21 am

Old Git wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:11 am
Seems some of the Poolie fans are not too happy with the way things are going in Monkeyland. Several experienced players have opted to move on, and as yet have not been replaced. Indeed,they have cancelled a preseason game against St Mirren tomorrow night, saying they wish to concentrate on training at this stage of their build up.
Some fans are speculating that Raj is reluctant to to offer the money to keep their players, and they are voting with their feet,and those that can are leaving. It seems likely that the new manager Peter Hartley will seek to recruit from north of the border, where he is more familiar with the situation. Remember Gordon Strachan doing similar at Boro which proved to be unsuccessful.
Of course it may all be preseason jitters from a few Poolie bed wetters, but will be interesting to see what happens. What price Pools for relegation?
They are currently 5/1, 3rd favourites for relegations by the bookies.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:42 am

no difference to some on here , they realise Raj is not going to flash the cash, they have a decent budget from a couple of cup runs and until a new buyer comes in and pays Raj off or he gets ownership of ground on the cheap it will be run like one of his care homes.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am

I heard singh was offering a decent budget to aid a play off push
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:32 pm

SINGH,S decent budget is no where near what is actually required for EFL 2 standard,
Good players leaving tells you that, he's cutting his losses, before putting the club into administration, done it before,

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:47 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:38 am
May be misheard & it was actually 'what Singh was offering decent players was aiding them to push off'? ;)

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:08 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Where did you hear that, from his mam?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:17 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:08 pm
shildonlad wrote:
I mean could be direct from a Raj Singh quote and that still wouldn't mean it was in any way true

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:24 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:08 pm
shildonlad wrote:
A hartlepool fan
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Old Git wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:11 am
Simian stranglers manager is Paul Hartley.

He will have contacts north of the border but nothing good enough to do anything better than maybe save them from the drop