DJ Interview 18/07/22

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DJ Interview 18/07/22

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm

H1987 wrote:Last time we attempted that, it ended poorly (the TW midlands import era). I don't necessarily think it's doomed the same way again, but it comes with risks for sure. We need to make sure we pad the squad out a bit with some loanees too (something TW only seemed to recognise at the end of his tenure). The loanee market sometimes only gets going when the season gets underway, so we need to be a little patient I reckon. A couple of Boro or Sunderland kids on loan and i'd feel altogether more confident about things.
I must've missed the "quality" aspect of Wright's recruitment strategy.

We mainly just paid over the odds because he filled the squad with players with ridiculous travel expenses.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:37 pm

"Premier league in five years"-ring a bell with anyone?!!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:07 am

Certainly makes sense to have the ground suitable for the next level up, and the level above achievable with minor works that could be carried out over a summer - just in case we did go up and then by some stretch of the imagination keep the momentum going.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC