Odds for 22/23

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

Odds for 22/23

Post by Alfie » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Just had a look at NLN odds for coming season. William Hill have us fourth favourite at 9/1, behind favourites Flylde, Kidderminster and Brackley.

Think that is rather optimistic, I don't think I'll be investing anything at those odds.

They also have Scarbourough as favourites to go down.

lo36789

Re: Odds for 22/23

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Buxton look good value

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:27 pm

11/1 on Bet 365.
The same 3 in front of us in the odds.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Alfie wrote:Just had a look at NLN odds for coming season. William Hill have us fourth favourite at 9/1, behind favourites Flylde, Kidderminster and Brackley.

Think that is rather optimistic, I don't think I'll be investing anything at those odds.

Bookies will always have us shorter than our actual relative chance purely because we have a larger fanbase than most of the competition so they're likely to lay more bets on us than other sides.

Same reason England are usually in the top 2 or 3 in the betting for major tournaments when prior to the Southgate era they've rarely been competitive.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by Spyman on Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:57 pm

Spyman wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:32 pm
Alfie wrote:Just had a look at NLN odds for coming season. William Hill have us fourth favourite at 9/1, behind favourites Flylde, Kidderminster and Brackley.

Bookies will always have us shorter than our actual relative chance purely because we have a larger fanbase than most of the competition so they're likely to lay more bets on us than other sides.

Same reason England are usually in the top 2 or 3 in the betting for major tournaments when prior to the Southgate era they've never been competitive.

This

The lower down the pyramid, the more the bookies favour clubs with bigger followings, for exactly this reason.

That said, if Darlington avoid injuries or get sufficient loanees in, then a play off place is a realistic expectation The squad is small, but good quality

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:48 pm

spen666 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:57 pm
Spyman wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Same reason England are usually in the top 2 or 3 in the betting for major tournaments when prior to the Southgate era they've never been competitive.

This

The lower down the pyramid, the more the bookies favour clubs with bigger followings, for exactly this reason.

That said, if Darlington avoid injuries or get sufficient loanees in, then a play off place is a realistic expectation The squad is small, but good quality
Stop being so sensible, what have you done with the real Spen!