Darlington V Gloucester

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

My opinion
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington V Gloucester

Post by My opinion » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:18 pm

Got to say that I was disappointed with the squealing and histrionics of the Glaucester players. They tried to influence the ref every time their was a tackle. The ref bought it during the first half but must have realised what they were doing as he had a good second half and the game was allowed to flow.
hats off to Beck (I think) who took a kick to his head and just got up and got on with it. Can you imagine how many times a Glaucester player would have rolled over if it was the other way round.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:23 pm

As long as Darlington fc are winning the crowd numbers will creep up it always has been the case team doing well numbers increase, hopefully that is the case this season, time will tell I suppose, :thumbup:

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:17 pm

Can’t wait for us to get our own stadium where increased fan numbers doesn’t equate to compromised viewing experience such is the case at BM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:49 pm

My opinion wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:18 pm
Got to say that I was disappointed with the squealing and histrionics of the Glaucester players. They tried to influence the ref every time their was a tackle. The ref bought it during the first half but must have realised what they were doing as he had a good second half and the game was allowed to flow.
hats off to Beck (I think) who took a kick to his head and just got up and got on with it. Can you imagine how many times a Glaucester player would have rolled over if it was the other way round.
Yep, I noticed that. The Gloucester players went a bit "Spennymoorish" every now and then.

There was a bit of comedy behind the open end goal in the second half, when a 20 plus group of loud City fans got out-bantered twice by a a small band of chirpy young Darlo fans. :D :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:29 am

Old Git wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:01 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:34 pm
Very encouraging performance, some great performances and a very encouraging first game of the season. Excellent crowd of 1591, were richly entertained.
Crowd figure was 1444 according to the official website.
As a matter of interest did anyone on here sample the catering on offer today, and if so was it any good?
many years ago Barnet were investigated by the V.A.T. man for allegedly falsifying home attendance figures they even arrived at one home game and counted every supporter into the ground.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:27 am

Thought our half time lead pretty much against the run of play and Gloucester often played one or two passes and were attacking with most focus against Hedley who I think is still off the pace from last season (maybe carrying a knock)
Taylor was okay but his distribution from kicking(throws fine) is still poor and it was very noticeable how the Gloucester keeper found his players with long and short kicks with good accuracy, while Tommy often found touch.
Purver was lost first half but as AA mentioned when he stayed in front of back four really got better and a deeper role suits him.

Think it was generous of AA to say Mondal missed his goal due a bobble on the pitch (didnt see anything on highlights) and his closing down was excellent because I can't remember any tackles he made. Cannot see him keeping Felix out of the team.
Moke and Lambert(hoped his strapped thigh is not serious) were excellent full of running, Beck and Hazel something to get excited about and a point next week at Chorley very much on.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Darlington V Gloucester

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 pm

Watched the highlights, we look great going forward.

We will also concede a lot of goals I think, communication looks poor at the back despite Wheater being there, the defence all over the place for their goal.

Hope Im wrong re the defence but think its going to be an exciting season either way.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:55 am

Agreed, I think this year could be a goal feast at both ends. Although, in our favour we have some experience at the back and the best keeper we’ve had in years.

I think we could possibly instruct Purver to sit just in front of the back line to help out more. We have more than enough going forward that deploying a really defensive midfielder is probably the way to go.

To me, Mondal’s wasn’t an easy chance. He made the right decision to shoot rather than Fanny about like some players do to try and get the perfect angle on the right foot. Another day it probably goes in. Not a sitter.

Beck looked really sharp, and you’ve gotta be excited by Felix. Certainly the most I’ve been enthused about our chances for a while.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:01 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 pm
Watched the highlights, we look great going forward.

We will also concede a lot of goals I think, communication looks poor at the back despite Wheater being there, the defence all over the place for their goal.

Hope Im wrong re the defence but think its going to be an exciting season either way.
Yes I think that's fair comment. Gloucester were a decent team as A Park said they might be but we won the match and I'm not sure how much their red card affected things as teams often double down with ten men. I feel things are looking good, my only concern is that we need a good defender as Wheater might be required to do too much, but it's always good to watch an attack minded Darlo.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:14 am

Nothing is won or lost in August but I think it's fair to say that the set of fixtures we have upfront will give a bit of an indication to where we may be. Getting a home win against Gloucester was a good start but now we have Chorley and Southport away, Banbury home, Spenny away and Farsley home. There is enough of a mix there to test whether we can be challenging the top 7.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"