Spennymoor Away (KO 1pm)

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Spennymoor Away (KO 1pm)

Post by AndyPark » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:58 am

Changed to a 1pm KO instead of 3pm on Police advice.

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/spennym ... me-changed

Is there anywhere the club has a one-off donation function? I'd rather the club take my ticket fee than give it to Spennymoor after the last couple of years with the chaos (Constant blame on the Darlington fans (Aye we've got our share of the blame but it's not all Darlo, with Spennymoor getting no blame whatsoever).

I'm sure there'll be others like me who'd rather donate the money to DFC.

Quaker85

Re: Spennymoor Away (KO 1pm)

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:27 am

Yep they can do one!

First Whitby, then Scarborough and now it’s Durham C turn. Police state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:28 am

Not going, never again , no place to take the kids 👎

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:55 am

Pity the club can’t live stream the game on to a large screen at Blackwell Meadows. Would happily pay to do that than put the money into Spennymoor’s bank account.
I would imagine the cost would be prohibitive and the League would not allow it. I do remember going to Feethams in 2000 to watch the away leg of the playoffs against Poolie,but I think that was probably a different situation.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:07 am

Old Git wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:55 am
Pity the club can’t live stream the game on to a large screen at Blackwell Meadows. Would happily pay to do that than put the money into Spennymoor’s bank account.
I would imagine the cost would be prohibitive and the League would not allow it. I do remember going to Feethams in 2000 to watch the away leg of the playoffs against Poolie,but I think that was probably a different situation.
Yes, that was because of demand - there wasn't space for all of us at Victoria Park, our allocation could've been sold out several times over as could the home allocation.

Spennymoor will never have a problem with selling out their ground. If the away end sells out they can just take from the hoe allocation.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

bga

Post by bga » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:24 am

AndyPark wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:58 am

Is there anywhere the club has a one-off donation function? I'd rather the club take my ticket fee than give it to Spennymoor after the last couple of years with the chaos (Constant blame on the Darlington fans (Aye we've got our share of the blame but it's not all Darlo, with Spennymoor getting no blame whatsoever).

Andy try the 50/50 draw?

Darlo Since 68

Post by Darlo Since 68 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:38 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:58 am

Andy. The ground development fund is always open for a donation.
See the donations page on yourclub
https://yourclub.darlingtonfc.co.uk/gro ... pment-fund

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:56 am

I despise lunchtime kick offs and I don't see why we have to put up with them at our level. Anyone who wants to get pissed up and act like an idiot does it anyway and it staggers me that the police haven't learned this yet. Did you ever see Newcastle on a derby day? They just all start drinking at 9am. Makes zero difference but just kills the atmosphere and experience for those who would behave themselves anyway. I wasn't going to do Spenny but there's a good chance i'll do Scarborough. The unnecessary early kick-off puts me off though.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Effective segregation and stewarding would be of much more value than tinkering with kick-off times.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:32 pm

Just seems that Spennymoor just want to make it as difficult as possible for our supporters to enjoy a day out. They always blame us for any problems, and do not seem to accept any responsibility for their amateurish organisation.
I am seriously thinking of staying away. I know that is not going help the team on the day, but I really don’t want to put any more money into their coffers.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:07 pm

This is a decision taken on Police advice, largely because there is a small section of supporters (as in society as a whole) who can’t be sensible with alcohol and/or have a propensity to behave like monstrous bell ends.

Unfortunately the behaviour of these dolts impacts on the rest of us. We can be tribal and rant at Spennymoor, but the police will have exerted a degree of pressure.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:58 pm

Lawman3 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:07 pm
This is a decision taken on Police advice, largely because there is a small section of supporters (as in society as a whole) who can’t be sensible with alcohol and/or have a propensity to behave like monstrous bell ends.

Unfortunately the behaviour of these dolts impacts on the rest of us. We can be tribal and rant at Spennymoor, but the police will have exerted a degree of pressure.
Don’t deny that a small bunch of our supporters have misbehaved in the past but not to the extent that these draconian measures need to be taken. Decent stewarding and proper segregation with sturdy barriers in place would have prevented any issues in the past. Also preventing locals from throwing stones from outside the ground is an issue that should have been stopped.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:05 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:28 am
Not going, never again , no place to take the kids 👎
Absolutely right, am still getting over the turnstile farce, collapsing fence, crumbling concrete terrace without cover & poor sight-lines etc etc. Shame, as the vast majority of fans from both clubs can get on together, but I won't boost Uncle Brad's coffers this season or any other!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:39 pm

Agreed.no money for Brad's team from me. Totally dispicable the way they blamed Darlington fans for their inability to organise a safe secure environment for all to enjoy the game . :thumbdown:

Darlobill

Post by Darlobill » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:14 am

Going to give this one a miss and take the wife and kids out for lunch as can’t be doing with all the drama.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 am

The 600 tickets are being made available by a ballot system which has gone live from 9am this morning until Wednesday 17th. It is open to season ticket holders who can apply for 2 tickets as long as both qualify. Prices are £15 for adults and £10 for concessions.
Seems the fairest way of doing it I suppose. Personally, I hope it is undersubscribed and our supporters vote with their feet, stay at home and donate the cash to our club. Naturally I also hope we give them a good stuffing.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:41 am

Lawman3 wrote:

A voice of reason. :clap:

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:43 am

Old Git wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:58 pm
Lawman3 wrote:

Don’t deny that a small bunch of our supporters have misbehaved in the past but not to the extent that these draconian measures need to be taken. Decent stewarding and proper segregation with sturdy barriers in place would have prevented any issues in the past. Also preventing locals from throwing stones from outside the ground is an issue that should have been stopped.
Draconian :lol: Someone moved the kick-off of a football game by two hours. Get real.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:43 am
Old Git wrote:
Lawman3 wrote:

Draconian :lol: Someone moved the kick-off of a football game by two hours. Get real.
Absolutely no need to alter the kick off time. If Spennymoor had addressed the problems that occurred in the past ie proper stewarding and segregation with barriers fit for purpose, then everything would be fine. In my opinion they have deliberately made a mountain out of a molehill because they do not want our supporters to travel in large numbers and back the team. Presumably they feel this will detract from our performance on the pitch and give them an edge.
Let them have their way if they are that desperate, but don’t swallow the bullshit about it being all the fault of our supporters, when clearly that is not the case.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:35 am

Obviously worse than we think, now ALL TICKET! Limited to 600 & ballot draw

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:06 am

Old Git wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:43 am
Old Git wrote:
Lawman3 wrote:

Draconian Image Someone moved the kick-off of a football game by two hours. Get real.
Absolutely no need to alter the kick off time. If Spennymoor had addressed the problems that occurred in the past ie proper stewarding and segregation with barriers fit for purpose, then everything would be fine. In my opinion they have deliberately made a mountain out of a molehill because they do not want our supporters to travel in large numbers and back the team. Presumably they feel this will detract from our performance on the pitch and give them an edge.
Let them have their way if they are that desperate, but don’t swallow the bullshit about it being all the fault of our supporters, when clearly that is not the case.
I think you're paranoid.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:10 pm

jjljks wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:35 am

"Once the ballot is closed, all applications will be processed and the winners will be chosen at random."

The "winners" :shock: Personally I don't feel this is some kind of golden opportunity which would be upsetting to miss.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 pm

To be fair to Spennymoor FC they have imposed some tough measures onto their own fans too.

No ticket sales at all on the day, and you can only purchase a match day ticket in advance if you turn up at the ticket office with a season ticket holder - i.e. someone to verify that you're legit!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:53 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 pm
To be fair to Spennymoor FC they have imposed some tough measures onto their own fans too.

No ticket sales at all on the day, and you can only purchase a match day ticket in advance if you turn up at the ticket office with a season ticket holder - i.e. someone to verify that you're legit!
And all because they can’t organise a football match for around 2,000 people to attend. If only they could admit past failings and learn some lessons then they could dispense with all this nonsense.
Spyman thinks I am paranoid. I certainly will accept sceptical regarding Spennymoor’s ability and desire to welcome our supporters. Rather be a sceptical than naive any day.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:53 pm
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

And all because they can’t organise a football match for around 2,000 people to attend. If only they could admit past failings and learn some lessons then they could dispense with all this nonsense.
Spyman thinks I am paranoid. I certainly will accept sceptical regarding Spennymoor’s ability and desire to welcome our supporters. Rather be a sceptical than naive any day.
Which bit of the 'decision taken on police advice' do you not understand?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:09 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:10 pm
jjljks wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:35 am

"Once the ballot is closed, all applications will be processed and the winners will be chosen at random."

The "winners" :shock: Personally I don't feel this is some kind of golden opportunity which would be upsetting to miss.
Absolutely right! Hardly a Charlie & Chocolate factory golden ticket. I shall be listening to our brave lads from Darlofans radio on Mixlr.com

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:59 pm
Old Git wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

This is my final attempt to penetrate your skull. If the previous matches had been planned and executed properly there would be no need for the police to offer any advice. They had to attend in numbers after the fencegate incident a couple of years ago, simply because Spennymoor had made an absolute mess of things. If they had been even moderately competent the situation would not have arisen.
As far as I am concerned this is the end of the discussion, because I am now thinking you must be a Spennymoor troll 🤣

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:57 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Old Git wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

This is my final attempt to penetrate your skull. If the previous matches had been planned and executed properly there would be no need for the police to offer any advice. They had to attend in numbers after the fencegate incident a couple of years ago, simply because Spennymoor had made an absolute mess of things. If they had been even moderately competent the situation would not have arisen.
As far as I am concerned this is the end of the discussion, because I am now thinking you must be a Spennymoor troll 🤣

“If you don’t react in an outraged, partisan manner you must be a Spennymoor troll”.

This is the nature of modern discourse🤦‍♂️
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:42 pm
darlo2001uk wrote:
Old Git wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Well, I guess a look through some of my previous posts on other threads would indicate whether I am a Darlington fan or a Spennymoor troll.......

Do you not understand that the police advice relates to reducing potential drinking time ahead of kick-off - and thereby hopefully avoiding the need for officers to 'attend in numbers' in case of drink-related incidents, when I'm sure they have many other tasks which they could devote their time to.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Pleased I've got a weekend planned for York and so I don't have the dilemma of whether to go or not.