Chorley V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Chorley V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 pm

First away game of the season, should go there with a bit of confidence, after Saturdays match, the cobwebs have definitely been dusted off.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: Chorley V Darlington

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm

My first chance to see some of the new players, heats going to make it a tough day so obviously passing the ball well is key.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:37 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:19 pm
My first chance to see some of the new players, heats going to make it a tough day so obviously passing the ball well is key.
It will be interesting to see how teams across the country cope with heat in tomorrow's games

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:17 am

Cap, sunglasses, sun tan cream and a beer in the sun. What a contrast to that game at Chorley in pouring rain and freezing wind, all huddled together but Andy Park in just a shirt! Also looking forward to seeing footie mates and hopeful of a decent result.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:26 am

Comms came out last night that 'cooling breaks' are a new directive with some protocols around it.

If the temperature in the centre circle is 30 degrees or higher at kick-off then clubs may agree to a water break.

It will take place around the 25 minute mark where there is a natural stoppage. The word convenient is used which translates as 'defensive restart' so not a corner / attacking throw or free kick.

Clubs must announce to spectators before the game what the agreement is and when it will take place.

Does make you wonder if this is the future for football or whether we see more systemic change like a move to evening kick offs during certain months? (Possibly August, September , April and May?)

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:27 am

Says Spen ;

It will be interesting to see how teams across the country cope with heat in tomorrow's games
[/quote]
Certainly plenty to think about but I feel Lol's post covers all the relevant points ... except those enduring catering issues. Pies will stay warmer longer but should they be consumed at a hotter temperature than would normally be the case to avoid any consequent bacteriological contamination ?
I only ask, but now that Spen's back I would value any comments. By the way, I predict a 2-0 Darlo win today.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:58 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:26 am
Comms came out last night that 'cooling breaks' are a new directive with some protocols around it.

If the temperature in the centre circle is 30 degrees or higher at kick-off then clubs may agree to a water break.

It will take place around the 25 minute mark where there is a natural stoppage. The word convenient is used which translates as 'defensive restart' so not a corner / attacking throw or free kick.

Clubs must announce to spectators before the game what the agreement is and when it will take place.

Does make you wonder if this is the future for football or whether we see more systemic change like a move to evening kick offs during certain months? (Possibly August, September , April and May?)
Alternatively, this is great prep for the lads going to World Cup. Those foreigners will be expecting us to wilt in the desert, but we will surprise them😅

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:47 pm

Same starting X1 as last week.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Sounds like we are doing well.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:42 pm
Sounds like we are doing well.
Please don’t jinx it Pete.
Ht 0-0

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:54 pm

Beck scores a cracker and makes it 1-1, it always good to come from behind.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:00 pm

Beck will show why AA brought him back. 2 games 2 goals.great start to his second coming.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:09 pm

Happy with 4 points from first 2 games.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:28 pm

The five teams new to our division all won today.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Peterborough Sports result eye-catching Boston bottom a surprise. Darlo looking solid

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:35 pm

Sounded like too few shots & too easily losing possession, not quite enough gel for accurate passes. Glad Beck proving me wrong - can't argue 2 in 2 both of which were vital. Looking forward to highlights & slow-mo of the equalizer.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:02 pm

A fixture we lost last season so I’m satisfied with a draw this time around. And we only drew at home to Gloucester last season so we’re in essence three points up on last season already.

I know that’s a very simplistic way of looking at things, particularly as we’re only two games in. But the very early indications are that we’ve improved on the last campaign. Need more games before we get a clear picture of how competitive we are this time around.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Mario

Post by Mario » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:27 pm

Just got back from the game.

Some thoughts as follows:

1-1 a fair result with both sides enjoying good periods in the game. Darlo started well but Chorley had the better of the 1st half overall in terms of possession and chances. Second half fairly even with Darlo finishing the game much stronger than Chorley after the equaliser.

Chorley goal was sloppy with Lawlor giving the ball away and a big gap being left in the middle of the Darlo defence, although Darlo players and manager felt it was off-side.

Darlo goal was an absolute cracker from Beck. Left foot curler from range into the far corner - keeper no chance. Brilliant finish.

Darlo formation seemed to be a 4-3-1-2 which left us vulnerable down the flanks. I'm not sure this is the best formation at the moment.

and Mondal looked completely lost in the number 10 position.

Individually, Taylor was unlucky with the goal after initially saving the shot. 2 centre halves were rock solid. Darlo full backs, I thought were really poor defensively and going forward particularly when having the chance to put in a decent cross. So many times they couldn't beat the first man with their cross.

Purver, worked very hard, had a decent game and was tireless. Moke, class once again, worked very hard even when outnumbered in midfield. Lambert was poor, free-kicks and corners were not effective at all. He looked ineffective on the left of the midfield trio and gave the ball away quite a lot.

Mondal had a terrible match, looked lost and confused in the position he was playing in. Played 60 minutes and didn't do much.

Beck superb goal and worked hard for the team throughout up against no-nonsense Chorley defenders. Hazell, worked hard but was up against a good defence. The understanding between the front 2 isn't quite there yet, but it will come.

Subs - Maddison came on and looked good and had a hand in the Darlo goal. Felix looked sharp and looks like a player opposition teams know can cause them problems.

A good point for Darlo especially given they weren't at their best today.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Mario wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:27 pm
Just got back from the game.

Some thoughts as follows:

1-1 a fair result with both sides enjoying good periods in the game. Darlo started well but Chorley had the better of the 1st half overall in terms of possession and chances. Second half fairly even with Darlo finishing the game much stronger than Chorley after the equaliser.

Chorley goal was sloppy with Lawlor giving the ball away and a big gap being left in the middle of the Darlo defence, although Darlo players and manager felt it was off-side.

Darlo goal was an absolute cracker from Beck. Left foot curler from range into the far corner - keeper no chance. Brilliant finish.

Darlo formation seemed to be a 4-3-1-2 which left us vulnerable down the flanks. I'm not sure this is the best formation at the moment.

and Mondal looked completely lost in the number 10 position.

Individually, Taylor was unlucky with the goal after initially saving the shot. 2 centre halves were rock solid. Darlo full backs, I thought were really poor defensively and going forward particularly when having the chance to put in a decent cross. So many times they couldn't beat the first man with their cross.

Purver, worked very hard, had a decent game and was tireless. Moke, class once again, worked very hard even when outnumbered in midfield. Lambert was poor, free-kicks and corners were not effective at all. He looked ineffective on the left of the midfield trio and gave the ball away quite a lot.

Mondal had a terrible match, looked lost and confused in the position he was playing in. Played 60 minutes and didn't do much.

Beck superb goal and worked hard for the team throughout up against no-nonsense Chorley defenders. Hazell, worked hard but was up against a good defence. The understanding between the front 2 isn't quite there yet, but it will come.

Subs - Maddison came on and looked good and had a hand in the Darlo goal. Felix looked sharp and looks like a player opposition teams know can cause them problems.

A good point for Darlo especially given they weren't at their best today.
I think Purver had a better game than "decent" don't recall him misplacing a pass so we kept possession rather than give ball away. Agree regards Lambert how we were not able to pick out Beck Wheater or Lawlor from set pieces was beyond me. Good game which I enjoyed a fair result.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:25 pm

I actually thought Lambert had a good game but fully agree on set pieces. Needs to be worked on in training, changing the taker if necessary.

Heaton out

Post by Heaton out » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Really good point, the midfield is a concern and the formation is disjointed but overall a really good start to the season, for those on social media saying Maddison should start, he’s way off in terms of fitness, but has class and if he can’t get himself up to speed will be a huge asset, for me Felix must start next game, looks very sharp.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:07 pm

Wheater was excellent today and his goal-saving header off the line when they seemed certain to score in the first half was absolutely superb. It was a decent game despite the energy-sapping heat and the result was fair. Maddison gave us some added impetus as we chased the equaliser which, when it came, was a fine finish by Beck.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 pm

Absolutely scorching weather. I wouldn't have lasted 20 minutes running around in that. It was a good game of footie and we at last have great height and strength but those balls into the box must improve. Purver was excellent in front of the back four and what a goal from Beck! It's great to be unbeaten and looking forward to Tuesday. Fantastic support but I'll never understand the need to run on the pitch. Just celebrate with your mates?
On a lighter note the ball came down on my pie but I managed keep it intact and return the ball into play, hilarity all round me.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:50 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 pm
Absolutely scorching weather. I wouldn't have lasted 20 minutes running around in that. It was a good game of footie and we at last have great height and strength but those balls into the box must improve. Purver was excellent in front of the back four and what a goal from Beck! It's great to be unbeaten and looking forward to Tuesday. Fantastic support but I'll never understand the need to run on the pitch. Just celebrate with your mates?
On a lighter note the ball came down on my pie but I managed keep it intact and return the ball into play, hilarity all round me.
Not to mention you saving my cup of tea on the hordings and shielding Carl and myself from the ball as well. A true hero if ever there was one. It was comical and skillful shame it was not caught on camera!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:18 am

Not a great day for a spectator to go on the pitch.

The day the FA, and all the leagues from PL downwards, launched the campaign highlighting that it is a criminal offence, and amongst other things eg. throwing objects and setting of pyrotechnics they expect clubs to take action accordingly including lifetime bans.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 am

bga wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:50 am
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:54 pm
Not to mention you saving my cup of tea on the hordings and shielding Carl and myself from the ball as well. A true hero if ever there was one. It was comical and skillful shame it was not caught on camera!
Must be on the website highlights?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:28 am

I hope not!!

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:46 pm

Great support from Darlo, good day out Chorley.

Defence was the best I have seen it for a long time.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:20 pm

Hope you managed to get the flag down!

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:37 pm

Did anyone bump into Mr Speaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk