Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Bad news for RL, with games being postponed because of outbreaks of Covid 19 in some teams squads.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:06 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm
Bad news for RL, with games being postponed because of outbreaks of Covid 19 in some teams squads.
Look on the bright side. You will get to watch KR at last.
Sky seem to have forgotten about us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Every cloud has a silver lining, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:02 am

A poor, poor game by Cas last night. If I were a fan I would be worried and if I were running the club I think I would be thinking hard about bringing the new management team in now rather than the summer.
Has a side gone to the cup final and been relegated the same season before? Unless they can somehow get their heads back up it is looking like being a long season.
Our boggy team tonight.
Biggest question?
How many times will the Sky mob manage to mention THAT drop goal from 2017?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:46 am

Excellent performance by Hull KR last night, but you weren't up against much. But as the saying goes, 'you can only beat what is front of you'.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am

Watched the HKR game last night and a deserved win v a poor Salford team, impresssed with the new lookof the stadium too.
Now the silly comment about cup and relegation....ED J you know fine well Leigh and and at least 2 other clubs will be fighting to stay up, I expect Cas to not be in that group, success this season will be winning the cup and reaching the final.COYF

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 am

robsraiders wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am
Watched the HKR game last night and a deserved win v a poor Salford team, impresssed with the new lookof the stadium too.
Now the silly comment about cup and relegation....ED J you know fine well Leigh and and at least 2 other clubs will be fighting to stay up, I expect Cas to not be in that group, success this season will be winning the cup and reaching the final.COYF
Rob, sadly the South stand was only temp' seating to get the max capacity for the 2 games and the started dismantling it this morning. We ALL feel we should have a stand at that end but short term by the 25th we will have a "street food market" which is nuts. Not many will use it as a regular thing as why walk all the way round the stadium to eat then walk back when you can get food on all the concourses? Daft idea but ++++++++++++++++++++++++ Hey-hooo.
In fact my comments about Cas were not a joke in any way. You know I love the jungle and have some good friends who are Cas fans. I really am worried with what I have seen in your last few matches. You might sneak a cup win, but be honest, you must be glad that Leigh Wakey, and to a lesser extent, Salford are so poor. I do not agree with letting people know the manager is leaving in 11 months or whatever. The players know his authority has gone. I have met Daryl Powel a couple of times and he is a great guy, but seeing him on TV lately his eyes seem glazed and he looks clueless.
I am not knocking him or the club as I feel sorry for both sides of the coin.

On to Wigwam then Saints before the big match !!!!
Pete, your lot are tight in defence while poor going forward this season. (You can't really argue. The stats prove both points to be valid). If your defence were not so good you would also be struggling. I think we go to Wigwam park next week with the best chance of a win there for some years

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 am

As an "addendum" It says a lot when you win 40-4 and the main topic of conversation after the game on radio phone in is just how bad a ref Kendall is.
I have long said he is not up to the required standard. The yellows for Quinny and Atkin were crazy but Pauli Pauli should have had a straight red. No way should he have had a yellow and I am glad he was told to change colour. PP is a player I admire and would love at KR but we wound up with 3 head injuries to key players last night all will probably miss next week, and the last 1 at least was at such a point in the game that it was totally pointless.
I do hope it was in some way accidental not malice for loosing.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Well, here goes for another weeks rugby.
I can sit back and watch in peace knowing that these 2 "lesser" clubs stay below us no matter what this week.(Unless Cas win and there is a 70 point turn round between them and us).
Been a while since we were in such a nice position nearing the half way point in the season.

Got word last night that we are still limited to 4000 for the next 3 games at CP so the temp stand is going back up !!!!!! (As I do not get on with the new CEO Paul Lakin I have to admit I am finding this a bit funny), but it must be costing a bomb, and even then, we now have people who have bought "Magnificent 7" passes for the last 7 games entering the mix so we WILL be having a ballot for seats. Many,(myself included), will not be happy if I do not get in having stayed loyal while "interlopers" do get in.

We have a strong side out this week Pete with only the 2 long term injuries missing. Both would be in the squad and probably playing, but I still think this is going to be a close well contested game.
Hoping Leigh pull of a first win of the season as well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:08 pm

I hope that the 2 week rest for us will help to get that last game out of our system & hopefully we'll have a few of of star players back from injury. But going on recent form, I agree it could be quite close.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:43 am

Bit of a slog last night with not a lot of skill or anything special on show. Is Greg Eden injured? Can't believe he can't even make the Cas squad.
Think the 2 points just about make Cas safe as I don't see Leigh getting 50% wins in the rest of the season. I hope they don't anyway as we play them away and at magic !!!!
Saints and Warry tonight. Good match up but can see saints getting a good win, but in a much better game for the neutral to watch than last night.
Great news for KR as Shaun Kenny Dowall signs a contract extension. Slated last year by KR fans, with the better quality round him this season he is really showing his metal.
Shock news is that all 3 of the head injuries pass their tests.

By the way, anyone noticed who is top of the MOS leader board? Not heard a lot about it from you lot !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:42 am

Game might be in danger.
1 positive covid confirmed and 4 in isolation.
More tests today and tomorrow before confirmation we play.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:40 am

Good game last night between saints and Warry.
Low score did NOT a dull event make, which once again makes me ask again why we need the golden point.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:41 pm

So KR's squad was a con. 2 of the 3 head injuries last week did not get to the 17, and remember, that includes the guy at the top of the MOS.
As I said, I was quietly confident all week.
You can't complain or say we were lucky. When you defend for over 40 passes on your own line in 1 go with a man short, you deserve to get something for sheer bloody minded determination not to be passed.
What a day I have had after my pm this morning Pete.
Voice had gone before the start. My neighbours must be wondering what I am on today with the noise coming from my bungalow.
Now, we went close at Saints early doors. Can we take them next week? Don't bet against us !!!!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:06 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:41 pm
So KR's squad was a con. 2 of the 3 head injuries last week did not get to the 17, and remember, that includes the guy at the top of the MOS.
As I said, I was quietly confident all week.
You can't complain or say we were lucky. When you defend for over 40 passes on your own line in 1 go with a man short, you deserve to get something for sheer bloody minded determination not to be passed.
What a day I have had after my pm this morning Pete.
Voice had gone before the start. My neighbours must be wondering what I am on today with the noise coming from my bungalow.
Now, we went close at Saints early doors. Can we take them next week? Don't bet against us !!!!
Not gonna lie I didn’t watch last night, I wasted my time on Engerland!

But that is a cracking result, I think Pete will be releasing his wallet moths shortly......

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:43 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:06 am

Not gonna lie I didn’t watch last night, I wasted my time on Engerland!

But that is a cracking result, I think Pete will be releasing his wallet moths shortly......
Blooming heck, I was wondering why it was so quiet over there !!!!! Had totally forgotten about that.

If he saw it Pete will be thinking the way most Wigwam fans I have spoken to are, and saying they were poor. That really is an insult. in 1 stretch of the first half Hicks gave them 7 repeat sets within our 10 yard line and sent 1 to of our lads to the bin even though he had not even been involved in the play. Not seen defending like it for many a year and I do not just mean from KR. made worse by the fact that following that we went straight to the other end and scored the only points of the half.
The nice thing from our point of view was that the com's on the RL app' were saying we would tire in the second half because of all the defending, but having won the first half 6-0 we then won the second 12-8 and it was them who looked dead at the end.

Leader of the MOS and the leagues top try scorer in our ranks. I am raising my expectation levels even further.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:02 pm

Terrible result, but great result for Hull KR. We really seem to be losing our way atm, but you have to give credit to the opposition as well.

I don't really understand Wigan atm, they have first refusal on George Williams a truly world class player, but they are going to allow him to drive a deal with a rival premiership side. it just doesn't make any sense to me. but what do I know?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:09 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:02 pm
Terrible result, but great result for Hull KR. We really seem to be losing our way atm, but you have to give credit to the opposition as well.

I don't really understand Wigan atm, they have first refusal on George Williams a truly world class player, but they are going to allow him to drive a deal with a rival premiership side. it just doesn't make any sense to me. but what do I know?
Well you surfaced earlier than I expected :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you have "first refusal on a free agent?
Also, just perhaps they are sticking to the salary cap for once and can't fit him in while others are on contract. Don't forget it is not like football where you can just pay them up and let them go. They still count towards your cap. I would doubt very much they have space within the cap to afford him, and also they have 2 "Marque" players in Bateman and I think French is the other 1 so they can't go that route.
Welcome to the world the rest of us have to live by !!!!!

Thanks for the praise. The annoying thing is that it could be so much better league wise as I have said, but the game we are playing not many of us complain when the lads make mistakes.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 am

Our game at Saints off on Friday as 5 positive tests in the camp and 9 more isolating.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 am

Clubs can stipulate that if one of their players goes to a foreign country & then returns to Britain, they have first option on him. Wigan have done this in the past & it also happens in football as well.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:46 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 am
Clubs can stipulate that if one of their players goes to a foreign country & then returns to Britain, they have first option on him. Wigan have done this in the past & it also happens in football as well.
Honestly did not know that, (and would think it breaks employment laws), but still leaves the same financial problems that you nicely ignored.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Stats as of today,
Shaun Kenny Dowell Top offloads in SL with 26
Ryan Hall Top try scorer in SL with 12.
Ryan Hall top yard maker in SL with 1493.
Not seen last weekends results but pre that
Top of MOS Jordan Abdull

Things in common
1), All Play for Hull KR.
2), All missing from the All stars game.
Ps Wane hates KR (Known fact).

Now while I am personally glad we will get no injuries and they may have had to pull out anyway because of Covid, it is rather annoying that we continually get overlooked, yet players from Feath etc are involved, especially when the Stars are wearing Mose's foundation shirts.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:19 pm

9 more players and 4 staff now Covid positive.
Next 2 games after Saints now off so Cats and the Derby gone to dust.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 pm

ordered my ticket for wembley and train fare too looking forward to July 17th

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 am

robsraiders wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 pm
ordered my ticket for wembley and train fare too looking forward to July 17th
Maybe found a "good" thing to come from Covid.
The RFL have not been bombarding me with emails to buy my tickets !!!
I do normally go but think it is only fare to see that the fans of the 2 clubs all have tickets first this year before anyone else gets dibs on them.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Hahahaha, I spoke too soon.
First email asking me to buy tickets !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:47 am

Losing our top players for an international warm up game is not great, but obviously badly affected us on Thursday, as we get beat by lowly Wakefield. Our season is badly going off the rails, as we now lose three in a row.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:07 am

I've just had an e-mail about tickets for Challenge Cup final & I only registered to buy tickets for the Grand Final. Needless to say i won't be going, sorry Rob.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:29 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:07 am
I've just had an e-mail about tickets for Challenge Cup final & I only registered to buy tickets for the Grand Final. Needless to say i won't be going, sorry Rob.
Get ready to be bombarded with emails. You will probably get at least 4 a week up to the cup final and that is only for tickets for that game. A month after the final they normally start on next years !!! Then you have the world cup, merchandise, the women's game etc.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:11 am

Well we got duly hammered by Warrington & it doesn't get any easier as we face St.Helens away on Sunday. Unless something changes quickly we'll be struggling to get into the top 4 come the end of the season.