Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:22 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm
Anyone know what Luke Gale did to have the captaincy taken from him
Said to have punched a teammate is doing the rounds. (not confirmed by Leeds).

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm

This situation is now getting farcical.
Yet another KR game called off as Salford hit by covid again.
What is annoying this time is that both Udders and Leigh have had games called off and are fit but refuse to play us and the RFL say it is OK.
As we wanted to play Leigh last week but the RFL ORDERED us to go to France with just 3 days notice how do they now justify 2 clubs in this country saying they can't get a game on in 3 days, especially as 1 of them were due to play at home anyway.
We now have 14 games to play in 7 weeks !!!!

Player safety and all that !!!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm

I'm sure that a lot of the cancelled games won't be played this season. The RL has already said that the table will be decided by points per game.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:26 pm
I'm sure that a lot of the cancelled games won't be played this season. The RL has already said that the table will be decided by points per game.
Yes Pete, but the point you seem to be missing is the 18 games to qualify for the play off's. If teams simply refuse to play us and go unpunished WE are the ones who in the end face the worst punishment.
You can totally understand Leigh wanting to wind up below 18 games as they will claim they should not be relegated because they have not played enough games. (That would be harsh on the Championship clubs for the second year on the trot), but to simply refuse to play KR, (claiming ground problems), when they were due to play Cas at home tomorrow night anyway beggars belief that they have not forfeited the game 24-0.
Udders at least have the excuse they were due to play away this week, though as Town's season has not started yet there would have been no clash.
Fine, do it by % but do NOT default a club that has proven beyond doubt we are trying to fulfil fixtures no matter what the problems we have to overcome.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm

I’m not one for knocking Refs but tonight’s was absolutely horrendous!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:30 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm
I’m not one for knocking Refs but tonight’s was absolutely horrendous!
My biggest problem with Hicks is that he always goes upstairs. While he should never ref KR at least Ben Thaler has the balls so to call things himself. I like that sort of reffing.
1 thing I heard Hicks at 1 point shout at Ethan Havard made me laugh. As they backed off for a Warry penalty He bellowed at Havard, "Ethan get a move on. If I can get back here so can you".
In his "defence," there are far worse than Hicks.
Micky Mouselas and Kendall spring very easily to mind.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:54 pm

Rob, I see Cas have signed Jimy Keindhorst on loan from us and 2 other boys from Feath that I do not know.
I have been a big fan of JK ever since I watched him beat KR virtually on his own for Leeds at Elland rd a few years ago, and after he was injured he has never been given a chance at KR. No idea if Tony Smith does not rate him or what, but, MY OPINION, you have a great lad there who has explosive speed and guile. I hope he does well for you, but I also hope he comes back to us !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:47 am

Wow, First time we have had Hicks for a long time.
I will be polite.
Rob, I totally concur with your assessment last week.
SHOCKING !!!!!
Nop. That does not cover it !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm

Earl_Lee_Dawes wrote:
Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 pm
The Tigers were featured on the Super League show last night. I didn't realize they are moving to a new stadium.
Still waiting!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:27 am

I see it looks like the World Cup is going to be put back to 2022, bad news for RL.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:44 am

There you go, World Cup now confirmed that it has been cancelled until 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/57630566

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:29 am

Wow, first away day in what seems forever today. Can't wait to get lunch over and done with.
Hate plastic pitches, and dreading a loss because we have a number of players out.
To lose Jordan Abdul for at least 5 weeks is cruel for both the club and Jordan. With the RFL having changed the rules for "man of steel to" rob him of the top spot now it seems he will not get the chance to fight back this season.
Hard to believe that Ryan Hall is still top try scorer after we have missed so many games.
Moved back to 6th yesterday without playing as Leeds lost. Hope we consolidate top 6 now as we have a decent set of games coming IF we can get them played.

Let's get it on

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:26 am

Simple question, are there ANY competent ref's in the RFL?
Kendall was unbelievably bad yesterday. I do not mind him binning our players, so long as he does the same to the other side when they do the same things.
2 players binned for "high tackles, but Lewis was taken out of the game with a high tackle when he was totally bossing the game. Hall was virtually strangled and Sims was slammed with a shoulder/elbow which went totally unpunished even though right in front of the ref, and that was after Hadley was also taken out of the game with a high shot.

Note, not 1 Leigh player was lost due to our high tackles.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:04 am

Heading off "home" for the weekend.
Wigwam tomorrow night with a very depleted side having lost 3 players for the season in just 2 matches and the likes of Jordan Abdul out for another month at least.
Having already won at Wigwam we must still go in with some confidence from the way we are playing and the doubt around Hardacker going back to Cas must be causing in the camp. You will have a very ordinary side if you can't keep hold of him Pete.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Wow what a victory tonight and revenge for Wembley, first win at Saints since the old King died, beat Leeds last week and play offs a possibility.
Well done tigers!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Would you adam & eve it, Castleford win at St. Helens. Just remember Rob one swallow doesn't make a summer.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:49 am

Shock of the weekend. Pete stays quiet after wigwam stuffing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good game with a good atmosphere. As an aside, Craven Streat looked good and interesting, and clearly from the way Legends worked it has taken pressure off the other 4 bars inside the ground.
Thought early on that we were going to run away with it but The Warriors proved their metal by coming back. Somewhat sad when the manager comes out and blames a player injury for the loss. We lost 1 for the game,(Hedlay), and he will miss the Derby and while KSD came back on the word is that he could well be out for a month. Scans today on his foot. Also, Mahar played half the game with a hundredweight of bandages around his head. Enough stitches to keep Harry Kane out for a month following the game. (These rugby lads are " 'ard" !!!
Good Lord, the double over Wigwam. First time in a while, and to make my night complete the Dullers got stuffed as well.

Happy days. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Don't get used to beating us regularly, haha. Good to see we scored a couple of great trys. But we are all at sea at the moment, Hull KR wanted it more than us. Great atmosphere at the game as well.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:19 am

Another 1 out for the season now. Ryan Ethan with a badly broken arm.
I so feel for this lad. Get him on the pitch he looks a world beater but he keeps on getting hurt.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:24 am

Wigwam just do not like losing.
Disgraceful last night as Bateman and even more so Isa let the game down.
I know Saints put it about a bit in retaliation, but if they had not they would have been battered to death by a side that showed all that is the worst of sport.
2-3 times Isa should have had a red never mind yellows. We can only hope the review board dish out lengthy bans.
We do NOT want that thuggery in our game.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:30 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:24 am
I know Saints put it about a bit in retaliation, but if they had not they would have been battered to death by a side that showed all that is the worst of sport.
2-3 times Isa should have had a red never mind yellows. We can only hope the review board dish out lengthy bans.
Spot on

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:20 pm

What a difference !!!!
Can't even be too upset at losing to the Dullers in a game like that.
ONLY grouse is that the final pass from Connor for their first try was forwards a good yard and again crossed the (10 yard) line so should have been spotted.

Well done to both sides.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:02 pm

He just went back up in my estimation.
No excuses or faffing about. Accepts he was in the wrong and taking the punishment on the chin.

Wigan’s Willie Isa has spoken out on Instagram following the news that he will be banned for four matches for two separate indiscretions in the Warriors’ loss to St Helens last Friday.

Isa was cited five different times in the disciplinary match review and he has now come out and apologised for his actions:

“Following the Match Review Panel’s decision to suspend me for four games, I would like to issue an apology for my actions during last week’s fixture against St Helens. When playing in such big games, adrenaline runs high but that is no excuse for my actions during the game.

I let myself down, my teammates down and most importantly, the supporters down in such an important game for the Club. I would also like to issue an apology to the players from St Helens involved in the incidents for which I have been suspended for.

Rugby League is a tough, emotional game but my actions last week completely overstepped the mark.

I look forward to putting these incidents behind me and helping the lads on my return to action following my suspension.”

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:53 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
I’m watching the cricket this after and Bumble and Athers reminded me of this classic involving dirty Wigan….absolutely top notch……….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o58stoJJ5No

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:51 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:53 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
I’m watching the cricket this after and Bumble and Athers reminded me of this classic involving dirty Wigan….absolutely top notch……….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o58stoJJ5No
I knew what was coming as soon as I saw the link.
Has me in tears every time I watch it.
1 of the most descriptive commentators ever !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:10 am

Shocking performance against Leeds. If you get outscored 6-0 when your opponents are down to 12 men for 20 minutes, then something is seriously wrong. Not looking forward to the Magic Weekend, but I'll still be going.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Great victory tonight, we are on a roll now, unfortunately McShane injury put a bit of a dampner on win.
Now ahead of Hull and HKR, onwards and upwards Tigers.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:01 am

We were poor. Seems we may have run out of steam or the injuries are taking their toll. Our offloads which were causing everyone problems have dried up and our fast start at play the ball's has become non-existant
Still in our own hands to make the top 6 but a win at Udders on Monday then v Leigh at Magic is becoming vital to our hopes.
PS, thanks for beating the Dullers and keeping them quiet.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Rob has got to be disappointed with that performance, he was saying me at the game on Saturday that he fancied Cas getting into the play-offs. Well on that performance I very much doubt your going to make it. For Wigan to zero Castleford at home should put us in great shape for the Magic Weekend this coming Sunday, when we face Warrington.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:12 pm

Of course disappointed, but first defeat in 4 so not all over yet, Wigan have had a bad run and now moving out of it, still think a top 6 is achievable.