Yet more religious nuttery

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Yet more religious nuttery

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:04 pm

A little bit off for the topic of the whole thread, but more relevant to recent posts.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 4012082721

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 pm

lo36789 wrote:A little bit off for the topic of the whole thread, but more relevant to recent posts.

:lol:

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:11 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
lo36789 wrote:A little bit off for the topic of the whole thread, but more relevant to recent posts.

:lol:
Must be a whole mob of them in Walse & the West Country just now. :roll:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Spyman wrote:And why weren't the people God killed in the bad weather at least representative of the point he was trying to make?
You mean like this?

Pray harder damnit!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:46 am

Turns out he's more anti-incest than anti-gay based on the flooding in the south west.

Other than a few puddles and a sign blown over, Soho is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Spyman wrote:And why weren't the people God killed in the bad weather at least representative of the point he was trying to make?
You mean like this?

Pray harder damnit!
Soooo the more you pray the more likely you are to get hit by a tornado, that is what that says right? ;)

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Spyman wrote:Turns out he's more anti-incest than anti-gay based on the flooding in the south west.
LOL, clearly, although he was fine with Adam and Eve's family and Noah and his family incesting the s*** out of each other.
lo36789 wrote:Soooo the more you pray the more likely you are to get hit by a tornado, that is what that says right? ;)
I can confirm this because I've never prayed and I've never been hit by a tornado.

Or maybe the LORD is telling them to shut up and stop distracting him from his plan with their incessant prayers.

Person: Dear LORD, can you cure all cancer and therefore prevent the death and suffering of millions worldwide?

LORD: Lol no, I can send you another tornado though.

Person: K.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Lawman3 wrote:And, on a different note..

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/ne ... 19958.html
Yeah, saw that a couple of days ago and it made me want to headbutt a wall.

Freedom of speech allows these religious types to believe whatever bullshit they want, but it also means said bullshit is free to be criticised and made fun of. That is true freedom of speech: you can have your opinion, and I can have my opinion on your opinion.

They should remove all religious posters because they offend my intelligence.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Hah!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 06, 2014 2:33 pm

And the red ones are the bits backed up by evidence....
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Here's a question from the quiz in last Wednesday's Ramsbottom programme. It made me chuckle.

Q) who is the oldest man mentioned in the Bible?

A) Methuselar (allegedly 969 years old)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri May 30, 2014 7:01 am

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 am

Bogratsteve wrote:http://www.tickld.com/x/i-wish-this-man ... -hilarious

This did make me chuckle
:lol: :clap:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Grim. Apparently this was the result of an Irish culture that shamed unwed mothers, which in turn was heavily influenced by the Catholic Church.

grytters

Post by grytters » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:05 am

And, not wanting to be left out, the Prods take a step forward…

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-7290937
Hardline Christian schools in Manchester have defended teaching children from American textbooks which state that abortion is wrong, evolution is a lie and homosexuals choose to be gay.

Three private schools in Ancoats, Moston and Ardwick use the Tennessee-based Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) curriculum.

Textbooks provided by the organisation and seen by the M.E.N. also state ‘God wants wives to submit to their husbands’ and tells kids they can avoid AIDS by practising the Bible.
Bring Back the Quarters

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:23 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06 ... _hp_ref=uk

The teaching of Creationism as scientifically valid has been banned in all UK free schools, and evolution (or as it's otherwise known: reality) must be taught.

I'm personally still waiting for all these Christians to submit their research papers overturning evolution so that they can be peer reviewed and then they can collect their inevitable Nobel prize.

Anyone who finds a theory which replaces evolution, or explains how the universe was created, would definitely receive a Nobel prize.

I don't understand, they seem so confident and certain, what are they waiting for? Submit your papers to be peer reviewed and collect your Nobel Prize!!

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:06 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28206581

More Christians refusing to serve gay people because it "goes against their beliefs". Apparently it "was at odds with what the Bible teaches".

Well he's definitely right there, the Bible teaches that gay people are an abomination and should be put to death, so at least he's being a proper Christian.

I personally saw the "all gays must die" lines as yet another massive red flag that the Bible was NOT the word of any infallible, all-knowing being, so it's a shame that not everyone sees it for what it truly is.

So much for objective morality!

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:09 am

Lovely article here by the Brazil team http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28202816

Especially the quote from David Luiz "My faith in Jesus gives me strength to keep on going out onto the field and to do my best," he says. "But I also want to inspire others - that is what God inspires me to do. For me, true life is found in the relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe that everything in life belongs to God and he has a clear plan for us if we follow him."

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:26 am

sacko_uk wrote:Lovely article here by the Brazil team http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28202816

Especially the quote from David Luiz "My faith in Jesus gives me strength to keep on going out onto the field and to do my best," he says. "But I also want to inspire others - that is what God inspires me to do. For me, true life is found in the relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe that everything in life belongs to God and he has a clear plan for us if we follow him."
That is a terrible article, and a terrible quote, and I absolutely hate it when footballers do some sort of public praise/thank you to their particular god during a match.

What about the children who starve to death all over the world? What about people who are born with deformities, or die very young, or people who die from cancer? What about all the horror that goes on in the world for which God seems to not care about whatsoever?

But of course, he doesn't care about all of that, but he does care that YOU score a goal in an essentially meaningless competition (in comparison to someone starving to death). Fuck all the cancer victims, the rape victims, the murder victims, the starving children: he doesn't want to bother himself with any of that unimportant stuff. All he truly wants is for YOU, a multi-millionaire footballer, to win a football match.

Why is that worthy of praise, or thanks? It's abhorrent!

Next time they pray on the pitch too, they should remember this quote from their beloved Jesus:
"5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matthew 6:5-8).

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:36 pm

sacko_uk wrote:Lovely article here by the Brazil team http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28202816

What is your point?

That some Brazilian football players are as nutty as you? If that is your point - good point, well made.

If it isn't your point, and you actually think what the article says is "good", you might instead want to pull your head out of your arsehole for a minute and read DOTU's response to you, which basically puts things into context.

As former christian poster boy and world record holder in the triple jumper Jonathan Edwards once said "looking back, I have to ask, why would god care whether I won a competition or not? What was I thinking when I prayed?" You might want to take a leaf out of his book also.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm

You guys would be great on an Alpha course...lots of good questions, opinions etc! I will let you know the date for the next one at Kings Church in Darlington and you can ask all these questions you have and share your opinions.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:55 pm

sacko_uk wrote:You guys would be great on an Alpha course...lots of good questions, opinions etc! I will let you know the date for the next one at Kings Church in Darlington and you can ask all these questions you have and share your opinions.
No thanks. If you think any of my points can be answered satisfactorily (I know they can't, but you can give it a go) then how about you answer them now, in this thread?

God is always welcome to pipe up as well if he wants. And no, it doesn't count if he does it in someone's head.

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:01 pm

I would love and they have been answered in the past...however, it's like you say, answer them to you're satisfactory then you just become abusive etc, so there is little point! However, at an Alpha course away from your keyboard and in an environment with like minded people to yourself then you may well take a bit more in. It's good you know a lot about the bible and you would find some answers to the questions you have

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

sacko_uk wrote:You guys would be great on an Alpha course...lots of good questions, opinions etc! I will let you know the date for the next one at Kings Church in Darlington and you can ask all these questions you have and share your opinions.
You would honestly kick me out after a couple of sessions.

The s*** that you boys peddle (and your islamotard cousins) is holding the world back.

You think that collecting a few tins of peaches (don't get me wrong, that IS a good thing) makes it all alright. It doesn't.

Trouble is, any good that you do (which in religion is far outweighed by bad), I can never get past the fact that you think a sky being is telling you to do it, and that you are doing what you think the sky being wants...rather than being good just cos you want to be.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Trust me, we have had people with a lot more aggressive questions than you voice on here so you would be welcomed back to ask or voice what you like.

I didn't say giving out food makes all your questions ok...just giving you the opportunity to have your say properly.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:13 pm

How about you answer all of my most recent points first in here, then if I'm satisfied, I'll come to one of your cherry-picking sessions?

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Like I've said, I can answer them but I already know it won't be to you're satisfaction because we have done this before and then you start with name calling! I am simply saying you can come and go to this alpha course as you please...no pressure and you will get fed at the same time a sharing your opinions

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 pm

sacko_uk wrote:Like I've said, I can answer them but I already know it won't be to you're satisfaction because we have done this before and then you start with name calling! I am simply saying you can come and go to this alpha course as you please...no pressure and you will get fed at the same time a sharing your opinions
If you can answer them, then answer them, enough with the excuses and promises of responses already. And I know they won't be to my satisfaction as my problems with religion are way past the point of reconciliation. If you do answer them in such a satisfactory manner that they become moot then I'll come to one of your cherry-picking sessions but I'm not holding my breath.

And I've read the Bible: that is a massive sticking point for me. After reading that, I'm surprised there are any Christians in the world at all, although I guess religion is dying out world-wide and on a massive scale in this country (thank fuck).