Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:03 am

I still get video's of his progress every week. Not posted them as not sure if the interest was there.
That is the first time I have read they are going back to Aus.
I suppose it makes sense as they will have more family round them to help, but it was like a stone in my guts to read it. I have obviously not see the big fella since before the accident because of Covid but pre Covid life players are expected to interact with the fans in a way football never has and I used to chat to him pre match on a regular basis because I was always at the ground so early having so far to travel, and after games players and staff go round the various bars in the ground chatting about the game and doing Q&A's in each bar. Our round tables seat 10 people on each and if there was a spare seat to See Mose plonk his massive frame on a chair always meant we were in for a laugh.
He may leave the city, but he will always be a Robin.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:50 pm

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Well only 48hrs till the launch of the new SL. I didn't realise that John Bateman had returned to Wigan, as he was quite a star over in Australia.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:12 am

Well that was almost a massive shock for Wigan, as we struggled to overcome a very spirited Leigh side. Some good individual performances, but some weak performances as well. Obviously, having 8 first team players out doesn't help, but you just have to get on with it. at least we had 20 unanswered points. We can only get better.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:12 am
Well that was almost a massive shock for Wigan, as we struggled to overcome a very spirited Leigh side. Some good individual performances, but some weak performances as well. Obviously, having 8 first team players out doesn't help, but you just have to get on with it. at least we had 20 unanswered points. We can only get better.
As a neutral I really enjoyed your game last night.
Just about to watch the Rhinos away at Wakey, should be another good game on paper.
Leeds are big favourites for it but I reckon it’ll be tighter!
Anyhow, good to have Super League back

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:56 pm

Yep it was a good game & full of commitment. I'm also about to watch the Leeds V Wakefield game, it could be quite close, you write off Trinity at your peril. Agreed it's great to have SL back & it's great that Sky cover every game live.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm

I didn't get to see today's games, but what a great result for Castleford, as they spring the surprise of Round 1. Not often I congratulate Rob's team. Some close contests & nobody got blown away like in previous seasons, so hopefully we'll have a very competitive upcoming season. :thumbup:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:55 pm
I didn't get to see today's games, but what a great result for Castleford, as they spring the surprise of Round 1. Not often I congratulate Rob's team. Some close contests & nobody got blown away like in previous seasons, so hopefully we'll have a very competitive upcoming season. :thumbup:
I watched all the games tbh, some really good ones in there although a couple of teams flattered to deceive.
Early season predictions....
I think the top two teams will be the top two, St H and Wigan.
Then and interestingly I don’t think there’ll be much between the next five team, Catalan (a lot will depend on whether they can play at home at some point), Warrington (were disappointing but early days), Leeds, Hull and Cas.
The bottom five will be the bottom five imho, no shock there tbh

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:28 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I watched all the games tbh, some really good ones in there although a couple of teams flattered to deceive.
Then and interestingly I don’t think there’ll be much between the next five team, Catalan (a lot will depend on whether they can play at home at some point), Warrington (were disappointing but early days), Leeds, Hull and Cas.
The bottom five will be the bottom five imho,
no shock there tbh
So after 1 game you now say KR will be top 8 having previously said we would finish bottom. So impressed at your knowledge of the game changes after 1 round of matches. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:00 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
no shock there tbh
So after 1 game you now say KR will be top 8 having previously said we would finish bottom. So impressed at your knowledge of the game changes after 1 round of matches. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good God you really are a prick Ted!

Where did I say KR will be top 8......no where but I will say that you’ll be thankful for Leigh!
Btw you said KR wouldn’t be bottom four after no games, you delusional idiot!

Struth! Ted is Ed

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:24 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:03 am
I still get video's of his progress every week. Not posted them as not sure if the interest was there.
That is the first time I have read they are going back to Aus.
I suppose it makes sense as they will have more family round them to help, but it was like a stone in my guts to read it. I have obviously not see the big fella since before the accident because of Covid but pre Covid life players are expected to interact with the fans in a way football never has and I used to chat to him pre match on a regular basis because I was always at the ground so early having so far to travel, and after games players and staff go round the various bars in the ground chatting about the game and doing Q&A's in each bar. Our round tables seat 10 people on each and if there was a spare seat to See Mose plonk his massive frame on a chair always meant we were in for a laugh.
He may leave the city, but he will always be a Robin.
100%pure delusional fantasist Ted Forster bullshit
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:18 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:00 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
no shock there tbh

Where did I say KR will be top 8......no where but I will say that you’ll be thankful for Leigh!
I enlarged it to help you..... Quote you .... " Bottom 5 will be the bottom 5 imho". ... unquote you.
And we are not bottom 4 either!
Check it out,
Dick.
You used present tense.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/tables

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:18 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
no shock there tbh

I enlarged it to help you..... Quote you .... " Bottom 5 will be the bottom 5 imho". ... unquote you.
Check it out,
Dick.
You used present tense.
I mention no order, the top two will finish in the top two; no particular order. Although pushed I think it’ll be St Helens year again

The next five teams in no particular order (unless Cat play at home, in which case 3rd could be in order).

The five teams left will be the bottom five teams in no particular order but I do believe Leigh will be bottom (luckily for you)

Hope that’s clear

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:45 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:

no shock there tbh

Check it out,
Dick.
You used present tense.
I mention no order, the top two will finish in the top two; no particular order. Although pushed I think it’ll be St Helens year again

The next five teams in no particular order (unless Cat play at home, in which case 3rd could be in order).

The five teams left will be the bottom five teams in no particular order but I do believe Leigh will be bottom (luckily for you)

Hope that’s clear
You really should learn to chill.
I come on here to chat rugby. Nothing more and nothing less.
The laughing emoji's should have given the clue I was joking.
As you used the present tense I did likewise, and if you check the league we are 7th.
On a more serious note, I think Udders and Wakey will finish bottom 2 with probably Wakey going down. (I would prefer Udders to drop).
As to KR, if we can cut the handling errors we have enough to be challenging for 6-8th place, and on our day, will beat any team.
Leigh need to learn to play an 80 minute game. There is little point in defending in crazy fashion round the other sides 20-30 yard lines as no-one can defend as they did for the full 80, They need to learn when to push and when to take a break.
No-one over impressed me at the weekend, but then, with only 1 pre season game under their belts everyone needs game time to blow the cobwebs away.
I think we have to wait until mid season and hope everyone is playing at their home grounds by then before we start to try to say who will win the thing.
Last point out of general interest, MY TAKE, I have no problem with golden point for the cup, million £ games and the like to avoid replays, but there is NOTHING wrong with a draw in league matches. Anyone who comes back as we did on Saturday deserves to get something. It should at the very least be 1 point each and the extra point to the extra time winner if we must have this Americanism.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:17 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:45 pm
comeondarlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:30 pm
EDJOHNS wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:

Check it out,
Dick.
You used present tense.

Hope that’s clear
You really should learn to chill.
I come on here to chat rugby. Nothing more and nothing less.
The laughing emoji's should have given the clue I was joking.
As you used the present tense I did likewise, and if you check the league we are 7th.
On a more serious note, I think Udders and Wakey will finish bottom 2 with probably Wakey going down. (I would prefer Udders to drop).
As to KR, if we can cut the handling errors we have enough to be challenging for 6-8th place, and on our day, will beat any team.
Leigh need to learn to play an 80 minute game. There is little point in defending in crazy fashion round the other sides 20-30 yard lines as no-one can defend as they did for the full 80, They need to learn when to push and when to take a break.
No-one over impressed me at the weekend, but then, with only 1 pre season game under their belts everyone needs game time to blow the cobwebs away.
I think we have to wait until mid season and hope everyone is playing at their home grounds by then before we start to try to say who will win the thing.
Last point out of general interest, MY TAKE, I have no problem with golden point for the cup, million £ games and the like to avoid replays, but there is NOTHING wrong with a draw in league matches. Anyone who comes back as we did on Saturday deserves to get something. It should at the very least be 1 point each and the extra point to the extra time winner if we must have this Americanism.
Not a chance Wakey will go down, so impressed with their winger; they’ll struggle to hang on to him.

Leigh and KR flattered to deceive IMO, although I enjoyed watching Ry and his new body scoring at Headingley again
Cat and Wire were disappointing for me, I’d have thought they’d be in the 3rd and 4th positions but maybe not although Cat playing home could swing that.

I like Cas and I was impressed, Leeds and Hull will be in that mid table scrum

From the teams that are left Wakey mid table ish (5th bottom). Leigh will go down, Huddersfield are struggling big style (we agree on something) 2nd bottom. Throw KR and Salford in the air for 3rd and 4th bottom

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:19 pm

And I don’t like the golden point in league games either, we agree again!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:59 pm

I put Wakey in the mix for the drop because I believe things are not good in the dressing room. I know as fact Chessy's man management is not the greatest and I am led to understand the same problems as he had at KR are raising their head again.
Cat's WILL be playing on home soil soon from what their owner has said over the last couple of weeks. A friend who is a Duller said he hears they may be first to go. If they can pick up away points they have a chance.
Cas would be my "second" team as I love the jungle. (Would not mind if they gave us Greg Eden back if he can't get a game for them).
Think Saints are nailed on to win again and the next 7-8-9 clubs could do anything.
Leigh, I dislike Beaumont but I think you will be a long way off the mark with that 1. No idea why, probably because half their side are ex KR.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:32 pm

I agree with COD Wakefield will be nowhere near the bottom. I think Leigh will be fighting at the bottom of the table with Huddersfield & Hull KR. Nobody really impressed at the weekend & nobody disappointed either. I think things will be a lot clearer after 6 or so games have been played. I like the GP being introduced into games, it adds to the excitement & spectacle. Although I agree it can be tough on a side who has come from way back. But in reality any side that has bounced back so far, would normally be expected to win the game in extra time.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:35 am

Some very interesting ties in the draw for the third round of the challenge cup. The best ties have to be St.Helens v Leeds & and Hull KR v Castleford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56563619

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:51 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:35 am
Some very interesting ties in the draw for the third round of the challenge cup. The best ties have to be St.Helens v Leeds & and Hull KR v Castleford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56563619
Oh I don't know, not sure you can get a "shock" result in either of those. To my eyes the Feath v Dull is a good game. Feath are a very good side while I feel Dull may just be starting to slide down to where they belong. Pearson has been very careful with the pennies since Radford was pushed, and I tell you what Pete, your Wigwam will not like the idea of York away. I think the Championship is between York, Feath, and Newcastle, though not sure of the order. I will be more than surprised if anyone breaks that threesome up.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:34 am

What about Toulouse & the London Broncos, surely they must be in with a chance of getting near the top of the Championship?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:07 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:34 am
What about Toulouse & the London Broncos, surely they must be in with a chance of getting near the top of the Championship?
Simply money. Newcastle are determined to get to SL and paying top whack, as are York, while Feath have gone the route of Older players who know the game with a few kids to do the running.
London have lost the spine of the side, and while I love my trips to the South of France I just do not think they have the nouce over a full season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:09 am

BBC confirm double header in the cup with first Saints and then Cats as their choice. Start 2.30pm on Sat 10th
All other games on the RF app. £4.99 if you buy in advance and £10 if you buy on the day. Money split between the 2 clubs involved in each game.
We and York play Friday night then Swinton and lastly Leigh on Sunday.
All games home side only named
All other games on Sunday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Don't sky get to cover some of the Challenge Cup games?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:32 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:16 pm
Don't sky get to cover some of the Challenge Cup games?
Nop. No contract

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Just a heads up for all RL fans and watchers.

This weekend has been dedicated by ALL clubs as Mose Masoe's weekend.
Even though on TV, every club are getting involved and selling "virtual" tickets for Mose's foundation which has already done great work helping players hurt and also a couple who have sadly passed away in the last 12 months.
If you can spare a few bob then if you are involved with any club they will have a link or you can just use this link and buy a ticket via KR. NO club is benefiting in any way.
https://www.mosemasoefoundation.co.uk/

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:32 am

A great cause Ed, hope it helps raise a bit more cash to help injured players.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:04 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:32 am
A great cause Ed, hope it helps raise a bit more cash to help injured players.
I know someone sneered about me getting video's but there really is nothing in that. All KR life members get the links and you can find them on You tube as well if you look. The man really has been a revelation and an inspiration through Covid. With what he has gone through with a smile, it puts the moaners to shame. Did you catch "Behind the smile the other day?
The 1 thing I want to get out of my bungalow for is to get down to Hull and have a chat with him before he goes home at the end of the season. His wife goes to games but as she goes straight to the players family area I have never met her, but she also seems to be so strong.
These guys put their body on the line time after time yet he was hurt in such an innocuous challenge and in a friendly game it is hard to believe even now how badly he was hurt. If you get the chance please spread the word of the foundation.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:12 pm

Mose's night.

Already showing his class on SKY.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:57 pm

HICKS, what a cheating b****** that man is.
Both Saints first 2 trys were forward last passes.
We hold them well enough they resort to taking a penalty and a drop goal and he helps yet again by stopping the game when Quinny breaks away and has the gall to give us the bloody ball back in the corner !!! WTF.
To make matters even worse he sends up a try when Abduls foot kept the ball from being grounded. This having sent Lawler off for ????????
We have given the best side in the Northern hemisphere a good game, but while I don't mind losing that get has totally sickened me.