Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:37 am

Very sad to hear about the crowd trouble, there is no place for that in RL, the same as in footie. I'm sure Rob will also condemn the actions of his fans. Well done to HullKR on getting off the mark, but obviously the indiscipline of the players did not help their cause.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:21 am

There was trouble throughout the second half with the stewards struggling to contain it.
I left straight away at the end as my car is parked right beside where the away coaches load up.
The police had just got there then and as I left I saw 2 more vans of police and the ambulances arrive.
Been messaged this morning by a friend who said that they saw 4 people taken away in the ambulances. Thankfully they were walking wounded and a number of fans being held by the police and not allowed onto the coaches.
It does not seem as bad as the damage they reportedly did last week, but as you say, no place in the game for it.
KR really need to look again at allowing away fans into the North stand which was set up as a "family stand" and which is the main area used by the club's youngest section of fans. With the south now being set up as a carnival area perhaps a section of the East stand should be cordoned off, though it would be a long way to the coach park area.
Have to say, I always think back to our first game of the season in 16 v Cas, a 16-16 draw as the best game I ever watched since SL started, and last night was a great disappointment. Powel was not everyone's cup of tea, but I always enjoyed his rugby. Not last night I didn't. Pedantic and boring.
We again made far to many unforced errors, but we at least started throwing the ball about for the first time so far this year. We deserved the points simply because Cas never looked like doing anything which means our defence played OK.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:51 am

Sorry and sad to hear that Tigers fans are involved violence, not on and needs sorting out asap, RL does not need it.
I have now seen on TV 2 of our games and we have been poor, I think a long season ahead, certainly at present looking like a bottom 4 team, jury out on Radford not a favourite of mine, the class has gone out of Cas, not sure he can bring it back.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:09 pm

Rob I've heard that the proposed move to a new ground has fallen through, what's going on there?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:09 pm
Rob I've heard that the proposed move to a new ground has fallen through, what's going on there?
Have not heard anything, but did say don't hold your breath. Long live the jungle.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:54 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:55 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Have not heard anything, but did say don't hold your breath. Long live the jungle.
My mate season ticket holder says new ground not happening, spending 10 million to bring Jungle upto date, I am ok with that

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:54 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
My mate season ticket holder says new ground not happening, spending 10 million to bring Jungle upto date, I am ok with that
I've never been to the jungle, but is there room to develop the ground?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:53 pm
robsraiders wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:54 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I've never been to the jungle, but is there room to develop the ground?
MY opinion, GREAT news Rob. You know I love the jungle.

Pete, it is a pretty built-up area. They do have the rugby pitch outside the ground but if they used that they would lose a part of what makes the jungle so special, ie, all the kids playing on it pre-match. Both rugby and cheerleaders of all ages.
I think they could probably redevelop 1 stand at a time. (Just had the thought it is much like the old Feethams to give you an idea of what it is like. For the Skerne replace with the rugby pitch), but from the personal angle, I hope that takes many years in the doing as anything rebuilt will be on modern lines and the place will lose its charm.
MY opinion only !!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:42 pm

Big game tonight in the SL. I hope Wakefield manage to maintain Leeds bad start to the season.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:48 am

We were poor last night, but it was the first time ever I left a match early and yet again, it was the ref who was the headline.
Childs just has to be the main attraction. Allowed Saints to lay on at the tackle for ages yet pulled us every time we were not up and back within 2 seconds. Virtually every play the ball they were on the move before the ball was heeled yet never once pulled, and guess what the other way?

Saints deserved to win. They are a hell of a side, but all we ask is a level playing field to lose on.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:07 pm

We kept our 100% record, but only just, as we squeak just by Toulouse 28-29. We'll have to improve a lot to win at Catalan next week. Interesting that Wigan are spending the week down in the South of France before next weeks game.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:35 pm

A win at last and a good performance, nice to see us above HKR, who got stuffed by the champions elect, we need to press on and get some more wins on board

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Surprised to see Huddersfield in third place in the SL. Well done Rob on getting off the mark and above HKR, but I see that most sides are above HKR. :D Even Toulouse are playing a lot better, which could be a real problem for sides near the bottom of the SL.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:11 pm

Wow Leeds got well and truly thumped last night by Hull. Looks like Leeds will be struggling at the wrong end of the table, although it is unlikely they'll be fighting relegation.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:45 pm

Not a very convincing win this evening, over lowly Castleford. But i guess a win is a win and we move uo to 2nd place.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:40 pm

I've just finished Rob Burrow's excellent book. What a contrast this Leeds side is. They were so successful for a long time.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:13 am

Well they're now looking for a new head coach. They'd better buck up there ideas or they will find themselves in a relegation battle. Really surprised to see Toulouse won their first game of the season, over previously unbeaten St.Helens. Which just adds more pressure on to Leeds and the other sides near the bottom of the SL.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Tigers in next round of Cup, not a surprise to beat Leeds who are in freefall, we have lost already to HKR but now we have players returning I think we have a chance in next round.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:59 pm

Rob I hope the fans behave themselves this time, after the trouble at the SL at Craven Park. Big challenge cup game between St. Helens and Catalan.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:36 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:59 pm
Rob I hope the fans behave themselves this time, after the trouble at the SL at Craven Park. Big challenge cup game between St. Helens and Catalan.
Cas have been given 3 sections of the North stand.
Fuming as I sit in block D and it is being kept empty to leave a massive gap between fans. This is our FAMILY stand and we only have 2 blocks available.
Added to which, I can't get a seat at the end of a row and with no, or few steps, which means I can't go. All because of a few bloody thugs.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:12 pm

We had to dig deep to beat Hull last night, with a late on drop goal. Once fully fit Bevan French along with Jai Field will have enough pace to scare pretty well any side in the SL.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:28 am

Great news for Wigan as Jai Field signs a 2 year contract extension, with a further year option, but bad news for the rest of the SL.

Well it's challenge cup quarter final weekend. With the big game being between Catalan & St. Helens.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:33 am

Rob,
Don't know what is happening to your club. First the fans are thugs, and then the players join in.
So many headshots last night and general dirty play such as I have never seen from Cas before. That was not "Hard" rugby. It was pure dirty and so glad they came unstuck second half because it looked as if it may work going towards the halftime whistle.
We deservedly go to the semi's, but at a cost for next week.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:46 am

Great display by Wigan to set up semi final with St Helens. Great defensive performance in the first half and then fantastic offensive display in the second half. Jai Field is certainly proving a handful and now combined with Bevan French's return to full fitness, they provide an attack that will be feared by most of the SL. Well done to Hull KR on your win and avoiding Wigan and St Helens.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:58 pm

No idea what happened with Hardaker and his sudden exit from Wigan. I'm surprised that Leeds have given him another chance, although I see his return against Hull KR has been delayed by a seizure. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 pm

Great win for Wigan tonight, as they win at bitter rivals Warrington. Seems like Hull KR are on a downward spiral as they get nilled by lowly Leeds.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 pm
Great win for Wigan tonight, as they win at bitter rivals Warrington. Seems like Hull KR are on a downward spiral as they get nilled by lowly Leeds.
What a load of shite you utter at times.
2 weeks ago we lost Micky Lewis for up to 8 weeks with an ankle injury.
Last week Kane Linnett ripped a bicep and SKD pulled a hamstring. Kane has been told his injury requires surgery, but if he wants to strap it and play until it can be done that is up to him. Obviously, next week is more important than last night for us.
Last night Coote was "done" and is out with a head knock. Parcell was also taken out of the game with a late tackle into his back.
Add to that Childs was ref. Just check out the penalty count is all I will say about him. Did not even give us a penalty when Leeming tried to decapitate Coote.

Take Wigwams top 5 players away and lets see how they do. Oh I forgot, every time they play they are "GREAT" !!!!!

Yes we were poor last night and deserved to lose a poor game to a very poor Leeds, but that came after a run of 6 wins on the bounce. What "downward spiral"?
Stop talking such utter garbage about something you know SFA about. At least go to bloody games before you make yourself such an expert on other teams.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:36 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Last week Kane Linnett ripped a bicep and SKD pulled a hamstring. Kane has been told his injury requires surgery, but if he wants to strap it and play until it can be done that is up to him. Obviously, next week is more important than last night for us.
Last night Coote was "done" and is out with a head knock. Parcell was also taken out of the game with a late tackle into his back.
Add to that Childs was ref. Just check out the penalty count is all I will say about him. Did not even give us a penalty when Leeming tried to decapitate Coote.

Take Wigwams top 5 players away and lets see how they do. Oh I forgot, every time they play they are "GREAT" !!!!!

Yes we were poor last night and deserved to lose a poor game to a very poor Leeds, but that came after a run of 6 wins on the bounce. What "downward spiral"?
Stop talking such utter garbage about something you know SFA about. At least go to bloody games before you make yourself such an expert on other teams.
Tbf I don’t think I’ve seen so many forward passes from one side in one game before……that’s Hull KR!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:14 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:36 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:

Tbf I don’t think I’ve seen so many forward passes from one side in one game before……that’s Hull KR!
Surprised a Cas fan was at Leeds but no argument on that point, and it cost us dear with a couple of open chances chalked off. We got what we deserved, but if you saw the game you must surely agree Childs gave us nothing and the amount of laying on at tackles Leeds did should have led to at least 1 card for the sheer number of times they did it. We are far better when games are played with speed.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 02, 2022 5:08 pm

For your information COD is a Leeds Rhino fan, we all have our crosses to bare.