Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Bad news for RL, with games being postponed because of outbreaks of Covid 19 in some teams squads.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:06 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 pm
Bad news for RL, with games being postponed because of outbreaks of Covid 19 in some teams squads.
Look on the bright side. You will get to watch KR at last.
Sky seem to have forgotten about us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Every cloud has a silver lining, haha.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:02 am

A poor, poor game by Cas last night. If I were a fan I would be worried and if I were running the club I think I would be thinking hard about bringing the new management team in now rather than the summer.
Has a side gone to the cup final and been relegated the same season before? Unless they can somehow get their heads back up it is looking like being a long season.
Our boggy team tonight.
Biggest question?
How many times will the Sky mob manage to mention THAT drop goal from 2017?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:46 am

Excellent performance by Hull KR last night, but you weren't up against much. But as the saying goes, 'you can only beat what is front of you'.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am

Watched the HKR game last night and a deserved win v a poor Salford team, impresssed with the new lookof the stadium too.
Now the silly comment about cup and relegation....ED J you know fine well Leigh and and at least 2 other clubs will be fighting to stay up, I expect Cas to not be in that group, success this season will be winning the cup and reaching the final.COYF

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 am

robsraiders wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:23 am
Watched the HKR game last night and a deserved win v a poor Salford team, impresssed with the new lookof the stadium too.
Now the silly comment about cup and relegation....ED J you know fine well Leigh and and at least 2 other clubs will be fighting to stay up, I expect Cas to not be in that group, success this season will be winning the cup and reaching the final.COYF
Rob, sadly the South stand was only temp' seating to get the max capacity for the 2 games and the started dismantling it this morning. We ALL feel we should have a stand at that end but short term by the 25th we will have a "street food market" which is nuts. Not many will use it as a regular thing as why walk all the way round the stadium to eat then walk back when you can get food on all the concourses? Daft idea but ++++++++++++++++++++++++ Hey-hooo.
In fact my comments about Cas were not a joke in any way. You know I love the jungle and have some good friends who are Cas fans. I really am worried with what I have seen in your last few matches. You might sneak a cup win, but be honest, you must be glad that Leigh Wakey, and to a lesser extent, Salford are so poor. I do not agree with letting people know the manager is leaving in 11 months or whatever. The players know his authority has gone. I have met Daryl Powel a couple of times and he is a great guy, but seeing him on TV lately his eyes seem glazed and he looks clueless.
I am not knocking him or the club as I feel sorry for both sides of the coin.

On to Wigwam then Saints before the big match !!!!
Pete, your lot are tight in defence while poor going forward this season. (You can't really argue. The stats prove both points to be valid). If your defence were not so good you would also be struggling. I think we go to Wigwam park next week with the best chance of a win there for some years

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 am

As an "addendum" It says a lot when you win 40-4 and the main topic of conversation after the game on radio phone in is just how bad a ref Kendall is.
I have long said he is not up to the required standard. The yellows for Quinny and Atkin were crazy but Pauli Pauli should have had a straight red. No way should he have had a yellow and I am glad he was told to change colour. PP is a player I admire and would love at KR but we wound up with 3 head injuries to key players last night all will probably miss next week, and the last 1 at least was at such a point in the game that it was totally pointless.
I do hope it was in some way accidental not malice for loosing.