Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Heading up to Newcastle tomorrow to meet some friends from Brighton who are up for this Magic Weekender.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:22 am

Good one Andy, loads of fans from all over Briton come to the weekend. Looks like the weather is going to be pretty decent as well.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:14 pm
Wonder were Ed has disappeared too, perhaps he's feeling a bit glum about Hull KR recent form. Should be a cracker on Saturday teatime.
No Pete, just sick of the crass mistakes you keep making.
Last week you has us lose to Catalans who we did not play. Now you have us playing Saturday teatime.
2 games in 24 hours is not good as we have to play Dull on Sunday.
We used to have some decent discussions on RL but lately, nothing has been said that is worth commenting on. Unless you want me to moan about the number of injuries we have again or the crap reffing week after week.
As for "feeling a bit glum," nop, I go to follow and support my club. but 5 minutes after the final whistle it is done and on to the next 1. Even being 50'd at Wembley only took as long as it took to get out of the car park to get over. I am far more concerned about what is going on inside the club than on the pitch.
Tony Smith should never have been the 1 to go. How can a CEO who has never thrown a ball possibly go to Australia and sign 2 players without even discussing it with the head coach? Especially when we know Lakin will be forced to leave after the court case against the club.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:21 pm

Really good game at St James Park between Wigan & St Helens, although the sending off affected the game in the second half. What is it with Castleford fans causing trouble in the second half? Pleased to see Castleford got stuffed by Leeds. Also great performance by Toulouse to beat fellow relegation candidates Wakefield in the first game of the Magic Weekend.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:38 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:21 pm
Really good game at St James Park between Wigan & St Helens, although the sending off affected the game in the second half. What is it with Castleford fans causing trouble in the second half? Pleased to see Castleford got stuffed by Leeds. Also great performance by Toulouse to beat fellow relegation candidates Wakefield in the first game of the Magic Weekend.
For once I agree with you. The sending-off did have an effect, but in the end, it was total self-destruction by a player with a reputation for disciplinary problems. If you go in with a shoulder it is a card either way. Hit the body it is yellow. Hit the head it is red, and sorry but rightly so.
I actually thought Wigwam played well, but by the time of the card you were under a lot of pressure and simply cracked, but then, that is what Saints do to all Northern hemisphere teams. They just grind them down. Not always great to watch. Yesterday they played good rugby with it.
Not at all shocked that Toulouse won as I had them in my 6 fold bet. 3 winners so far with Udders, Cats and KR today. Only put a tenner on, but will pay for a week away if it comes home.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:38 am

PS, no idea why the bookies have us as odds onfavourites today

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:10 am

It was great to see that the Magic Weekend crowd was higher than last year and almost a record. It would be interesting to see the split in crowds between day one and day two. To me it looked like the crowd was bigger on the Saturday compared with Sunday.

Hull were brought back to earth after the Magic Weekend, as they got thumped by Wigan last night by 60-0. Wow and Bevan French got 7 tries a new SL record.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:49 am

A very poor game at CP yesterday. You could chew on the tension.
We never got going in the first half. No speed of play whatever. Apparently, Mags went ballistic at halftime and we turned it round only to run out of steam near the end after both Hedley and SKD went to the hospital during the first half. SKD in particular looked worrying as he went down like a felled tree and a couple of players put him into the recovery position. Everyone was fuming that Griffiths let the game go on for 2 plays before calling a stop.
Headley is another shoulder problem but SKD was hit on the throat and could not breathe. The tosspot in pink later stopped play when a wakey player hurt his ankle. (That went down well) !!!!
As you would expect. Kendle and Hicks who were running the lines got a warm welcome after last week at magic.

We won. End of story !! Good job as I cant see our reserves getting anything in the next 2 so at least we put some distance between us and the bottom spot, which in itself is sad to think of because after 11 games we were looking top 4 stuff.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:41 am

Vital win for HKR, as it's looking dire for Wakefield, as Toulouse are looking like they'll have more than enough to avoid the drop. At the Magic Weekend it showed Wakefield's and Toulouse's next 5 game. They showed that Wakefield are playing loads of top 5 teams, whereas Wakefield's game are against teams near the bottom of the table.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:41 am
Vital win for HKR, as it's looking dire for Wakefield, as Toulouse are looking like they'll have more than enough to avoid the drop. At the Magic Weekend it showed Wakefield's and Toulouse's next 5 game. They showed that Wakefield are playing loads of top 5 teams, whereas Wakefield's game are against teams near the bottom of the table.
Just announced our game v Toulouse in 2 weeks moved to Thursday night and on Sky, as we are at Wigwam next week as well.
As we have both the 2 bottom teams to come at home it is entirely in our own hands.

By the way, SKD is still in hospital so I doubt he will make Warry on Friday night.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:38 pm

Off to Headingley on Thursday to see them play Wigan.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:28 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:38 pm
At least you can get a seat in the new stand now and don't have to stand on the open end. Not too bad in this weather, but not much better than Wakey in the early season cold and wet.
Not often it happens but hoping for a Wigwam win.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
I hope you enjoyed your night out………

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:22 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I hope you enjoyed your night out………
Well apart from the RL I had a great time. A real shock to lose so badly, I think we were complacent and thought we just needed to turn up. Hopefully this result will help us going forward. Leeds will certainly now bee in contention for a play-ff spot. Well done Leeds.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:01 pm

This injury situation at KR is getting silly now. No changes for the last half hour last night as we lost 4 players to injury yet again.
Mickey Lewis picked up yet another ankle injury and had to be literally dragged off the pitch by Dave Hodgson to stop him from making it worse.
Coote hurt again and Matt Parcell so if all 3 are out we have no backs whatever for next week.
To come back and win that game having been 14 down in 12 minutes shows a lot of mental strength. We rallied to 16-12 by half time but they then went 10 points clear again before we lost Parcell who was the first to fall.
Back in the top 6. ... This really is becoming a season of what could have been but for injuries.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:45 pm

A great win for Hull KR, but you were only playing Warrington and most people beat them. Think you might struggle this coming Thursday, as Wigan surely won't be complacent again after we were humiliated by Leeds on Thursday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:17 am

I see Hull KR have got into trouble with the authorities for the behavior of their fans. I thought it was Castleford fans who were the bad boys of RL, obviously that maybe not the case.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:17 am
I see Hull KR have got into trouble with the authorities for the behavior of their fans. I thought it was Castleford fans who were the bad boys of RL, obviously that maybe not the case.
Our lot throws words while Cas throw punches and bottles.
I have heard we were guilty twice. 1 was definitely calling Sam Tomkins a "Rent boy" but I genuinely have no idea what the other was or when, unless it was what was aimed at the ref last game. The usual "The referee's a banker stuff". After what he did at Magic it was pretty stupid of the RFL to have him at CP the very next game we play. There is no way on God's earth he was not going to get stick having called out 4 tries of ours and given them 2 that were easy to see,(The white lines tend to give things away) !!! forward passes.
I totally accept that in today's society you have to be careful of what you say but again, there is a bit of ill feeling towards the Tomkins family that you will be aware of Pete.
After "Bargate" when Joel was thrown out of Wigwam we were the only club prepared to give him a chance. We got him through the problems of that and he repaid us by asking to leave to "Go nearer home and my family". (We were told he was going to Leigh).
Of course, he ended up at Cats which as far as I know is not closer to Wigwam than Hull is.
Still, in the eyes of some, we were in the wrong. (I hate bad language and always have), but if I am correct about the second event then I do think we have been harshly treated as a club.
I have heard far worse at many grounds both RL and football for many many years.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:36 am

Proof positive I am not exaggerating about our injury list.
Question to ??? Why does this happen every single year at KR. We seem to get so many more long-term injuries than is rightly "our share" of them

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hu ... YRIie4og-M

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 pm

This injury list is getting silly now.
Just sat shaking my head. Not much can be said.
5 more injuries and only 12 on the pitch the last 12 minutes. OK we got stuffed, but that was a hell of an effort by the kids.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:36 pm

I agree you showed a lot of spirit, but Wigan were ruthless tonight. When you have speedsters like French & Field in your team, you have the speed which will scare any opposition. Sounds like French is going to sign a new contract, which is great for Wigan & SL.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:00 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:36 pm
I agree you showed a lot of spirit, but Wigan were ruthless tonight. When you have speedsters like French & Field in your team, you have the speed which will scare any opposition. Sounds like French is going to sign a new contract, which is great for Wigan & SL.
Can't argue with that Pete. French is fast OK. Glad you did not go overboard in your praise.
After a night to reflect I find it disappointing that yet again 2 ref's decisions show the inconsistency in the game.
When the ref pulled us up for a crossover Jez Litten was already through your line of players so no way could he stop anyone from making a tackle. That should have been a try under the posts so 10 points to us. (Total).
Not sure if it was the next try or the 1 after but someone ran across and your player, (Marshall?), stopped and was going to take the tackle but the ref said nothing so he played on. Our lads had stopped expecting the penalty and you walked it in. A clear crossover in front of our defence. Why was that not pulled when even your own player expected it to be?
If you take those points away then it becomes 40-10. Not enough to change the result, but enough to stop us from dropping down a place in the table and also would have been a better reflection of the fight our kids put up

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:26 pm

Wow Salford spring a massive surprise and beat St. Helens 44-12, which could now open the league leaders shield, as St. Helens have to play at Wigan, so they can't afford anymore slip ups.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:29 pm

I must be doing something wrong, as I've been sent to work in Hull for 4 days, at least the fish and chips are more than decent and relatively cheap.

Important games this weekend at the top, the chasing back and at the bottom of the table.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:38 pm

Watched tonight's game on TV in Hull City Centre. Thought HKR were a little lucky to beat Toulouse, as a few decisions went against Toulouse and yes I know the ref made a boob when he said a HKR kick went out on the full, when clearly it hadn't. I can't see HKR making the play-offs and if they do can't see them progressing past the first round.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:49 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:38 pm
Watched tonight's game on TV in Hull City Centre. Thought HKR were a little lucky to beat Toulouse, as a few decisions went against Toulouse and yes I know the ref made a boob when he said a HKR kick went out on the full, when clearly it hadn't. I can't see HKR making the playoffs and if they do can't see them progressing past the first round.
Tell you what Pete, if you thought Moore favoured us you honestly do not know the rules of RL which Toulouse were constantly breaking and getting away with. Just 1 instance, when the ball is "bombed" and a player goes to collect his co-players are allowed to run as slowly as they like towards him to "cover him. They are NOT allowed to go sideways and block if a player is running around them. They can put their arms out wide "ish" but have to run in a straight line. I run straighter after a litre of Whiskey than they did 4-5 times. How about the headshot that took out Halton? You must have seen the bandage before he was taken off and stitched up? How about the 3 times the same player threw punches when we went for him as he sent up defensive kicks? Even if you miss it is INTENT that gets you done. No help to us when he is banned next week.
I did not think we were great but SKD was the best player on the pitch by a country mile and he dragged us over the line.
Never in all my years of following KR have I seen a reaction such as last night after the whistle for a win in the league. It came very very close to topping the win v Warry in the semi-final in 15, and all because we virtually all think the RFL have told ref's that Toulouse have to stay in SL I hear that comment from a few teams including Wigwam fans. I hope they do stay up and have no problem if Warry or (Rob will like this), Wakey go down, but it has to be on merit otherwise why are we bothering?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:01 am

Excellent performance by Wigan in the second half against Warrington, as we score 32 unanswered points. I think if we keep Jai Field and Bevan French injury free then we'll be very hard to beat. That Jai Field try at the end was magical.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:32 am

Warrington look safe from relegation after beating Toulouse last night.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:32 am
Warrington look safe from relegation after beating Toulouse last night.
Sadly have to agree. I would have preferred Warry to drop. Have to hope for Wakey now.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 pm

Right on Half time how is that not a high shot from Austin? Handley then holds Litten and pushes his head into Litten's face. Nothing again, Austin goes back again. Nothing !!!!
Leeds second try a clear crossover that stopped a tackle 10 yards short of the line. Nothing

No wonder fans are walking away from the game in droves.
2 more serious injuries. Just what we need.

On with the second half. This is going to end with red cards.