Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:06 am

Well you're one sixth of the way there. Tough game for Wigan tonight & a real arm fight. Jackson Hastings was MOTM yet again & i think Hardaker won the battle of the full-backs.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:06 am
Well you're one sixth of the way there. Tough game for Wigan tonight & a real arm fight. Jackson Hastings was MOTM yet again & i think Hardaker won the battle of the full-backs.
Yes he clearly won that battle.
It is a shame that Connor lets his head get so full of garbage. He could easily be a MOS on merit by skill alone but what on earth goes on inside his head?
I expected a tough game, but not that tough.
Still, I have to go and give some Dull fans a lot of sarcasm. (Basically, all my family first) !!!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 am

4 won. 2 to go.
Watch my lot throw it away for me today !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Half time. Good game from both sides.
0-6 to KR. played real football with 2 kicks from the floor after a good 6.
6-6 Good passing try from Warry just after we missed a second chance. The chance came from us throwing the ball and being intercepted.
Deflated us for a while and 12-6 with a very good passing try from Warry.
12-12. Yet another flowing move get us level.
12-14 penalty when Ratchford does ? No idea why.
12-18 yet more flowing rugby from both sides we go in again with good play.

Even if we get beaten here this side is NOT going to finish anywhere near the bottom of the table.
Only downer is an ex Warry player on coms' saying how good they are with offloads and throwing the ball about, but we are matching them with exactly the same sort of game yet ........ rather stunted praise.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 01, 2021 1:41 pm

Well that was deflating.
Swapped 6 at the start of the second half and at 60 minutes you could not call it but then Warry got the run you need with a couple of dropped balls from us and 2 tries run in with no defence.
Came back with another try but Warry went in again as well.
Not a 20 point game in any way really, but we move on.
And Charnley goes over after the hooter while I posted so
EDIT.
Nop.
Even the com's are now saying the score board is wrong and we don't deserve this.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 am
4 won. 2 to go.
Well you did say it, as you got truly hammered in the last 20 mins. How much would you have won?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 02, 2021 7:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:45 am
4 won. 2 to go.
Well you did say it, as you got truly hammered in the last 20 mins. How much would you have won?
Put a fiver on would have got 140 back. That said, I now want Leeds to get stuffed today so we don't drop a place.
It was not quite like that Pete, even when they went in front with about 17 to play the ex Warry player commentating said you could not put money on who would win. The way the lead went back and forwards backs that up.
What happened was we made a daft offload about 15 from their line when we should have kept the ball by taking the tackle and they went over from 85 yards to make it a 2 score lead. At that point we started throwing the ball about in a silly way to get it back instead of doing as we had been and they simply picked us off.
This was a game where the score really does not give the true picture of the game. Sad we lost, but not at all deflated or disheartened.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm

Good win for Huddersfield today, as they surprisingly beat Leeds who seem to be struggling at the moment.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 03, 2021 8:05 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm
Good win for Huddersfield today, as they surprisingly beat Leeds who seem to be struggling at the moment.
I have never been convinced that Agar is the man to take them forward.
If Sinfield is to get it right he needs to stop the old pals act.
As I said yesterday, I am happy Udders won.
No match for 3 weeks now for KR so time to get the injured lads fit again. I am worried about Korbin Sims. 3 matches and has not finished 1 yet.
2 head knocks and now an ankle injury.
Seems we have pulled a couple of lads from Cas for next season. (Thank God Watts is not 1 of them), but 1 is an ex KR player returning home, and also Radders has raided Dull for Jamie Shaul and 2 others. If Shaul gets a shirt ahead of Evalds the rugby world has gone bonkers, but better as a Cas reserve than have him at KR.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Agar isn’t up to it.

Leeds will be ok but it’ll be only papering over the cracks.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm

You seem to have lost the nucleus of a pretty decent side & now your having to bring in fringe players who aren't up to it. Fortunately for Leeds, there are worse sides in the SL.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Mon May 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm
You seem to have lost the nucleus of a pretty decent side & now your having to bring in fringe players who aren't up to it. Fortunately for Leeds, there are worse sides in the SL.
Still got key player to come back from injury but as I say papering over the cracks

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 03, 2021 4:06 pm

I see that the 2 QF Challenge Cup games this weekend not on the BBC are being shown on Sky Sports on Saturday.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue May 04, 2021 7:35 am

comeondarlo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:53 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm
Still got key player to come back from injury but as I say papering over the cracks
Think Comeon is nearer the mark Pete. If you look back over the last few years, since 2016 in fact, Leeds have had 1 good season which, in light of the other season endings was something of a fluke. The best of the last Leeds great sides was the 1 that thumped us at Wembley in 15. Since then it has been a downward spiral.
I like Donno, he is a good lad, but in all honesty, when he is your "go to man" to drag you up the pitch, you have problems that run deep. He was not good enough in a side that was relegated. How can you hope he will be a top man?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 am

Good to see that Wigan's Tony Clubb, has been banned for racist language in the game against Hull. Although surely a longer ban would have sent a stronger message, that this idiotic behavior can not be tolerated.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed May 05, 2021 9:01 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 6:48 am
Good to see that Wigan's Tony Clubb, has been banned for racist language in the game against Hull. Although surely a longer ban would have sent a stronger message, that this idiotic behavior can not be tolerated.
Reduced punishment because he has never done it before !!!!!
Strangely Wigwam defended him, yet Joel was hounded out of town when he at least had the defence he had drunk too much before having a go at a barmaid

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat May 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Wow what a win tonight ! Tigers had to dig deep to overcome a plucky Salford side, its a pity Wane is in charge of England as he wont be picking McShane, the winner of the Man of Steel isnt good enough for him.
I do fancy us to beat the Wire, would love a trip to Wembley.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Sat May 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Wow what a win tonight ! Tigers had to dig deep to overcome a plucky Salford side, its a pity Wane is in charge of England as he wont be picking McShane, the winner of the Man of Steel isnt good enough for him.
I do fancy us to beat the Wire, would love a trip to Wembley. :thumbup:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 08, 2021 7:30 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:22 pm
I do fancy us to beat the Wire, would love a trip to Wembley.
Fuming.
Got the other 3 winners in a 4 game accumulator.
Why on earth did they not take 1 point 1 minute from time? Game over.
Happy enough to take 1 in extra time which was to bloody late for me !!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 09, 2021 6:29 am

Poor performance by Wigan yesterday afternoon, far too many mistakes & yet we could have leveled the score near the end of the game.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Big game tonight at the wrong end of the table.
Rob will probably choke on this but
COME ON WAKEY!!
If only to keep Leeds below KR.

Unusual weekend as we have to wait until Monday night for all other games. Quick return v Cas for us.
Castleford Tigers 19:45 Hull Kingston Rovers
Hull FC 19:45 Catalans Dragons
Leigh Centurions 19:45 Wigan Warriors
St Helens 19:45 Salford Red Devils
Warrington Wolves 19:45 Huddersfield.

Email yesterday saying that all pass holders will now be able to see our first games back at CP with a crowd. So looking forward to 30th when we play Leigh. It will be just 16 months since my last live game.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon May 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Fancy our chances tonight, but think bookies have got it wrong giving us a -14 start think it will be close a win by 8 is my prediction

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:08 pm
Fancy our chances tonight, but think bookies have got it wrong giving us a -14 start think it will be close a win by 8 is my prediction
Rob, that is 2 games between us so far this season and what games they have been !

Think we deserved it after gifting you a 12 point start. Yet again, all I can say is what a game that was.

Serious question. Do you still think we are going to struggle at the bottom of the table this season?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 pm

My mate was at game said a great start but for some reason lost their way, I said it would be closer than bookies had it, well done to HKR I think they will finish 6 to 8th

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon May 17, 2021 9:27 pm

robsraiders wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 pm
My mate was at game said a great start but for some reason lost their way, I said it would be closer than bookies had it, well done to HKR I think they will finish 6 to 8th
Did you not watch on the ap? He was not wrong. You started very fast and it looked as if we might bet smacked but after 15 minutes we started getting into it. Pulled it back to 2 point led then you went out to 10 again. After that we came on and as I say I thought we deserved it.
A few tasty "discussions" out there without getting silly.
A very good sin bin from us after the last kick off. I have fumed at others doing that to us so nice to see we are getting more "professional"
I will settle for 8th place now, but as I said at the start of the season I think we can make top 6.
Wakey away then Leigh and Salford at home next 3 so we have a chance of moving up the league.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 17, 2021 9:53 pm

Well done to Hull KR, as they prove the doubters wrong, great win at Castleford. Another massive surprise was Huddersfield winning at Warrington. Predictable wins for Wigan & St.Helens and Catalan had an impressive win at Hull. It'll be very interesting to see who wins next week in the Catalan v St.Helens game live on TV this coming Saturday.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat May 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Can not believe the idiots at Red Hall have decided to reduce the number of "elite" academies.
If it cost them they may have some ground to stand on, but the clubs pay for the academy.
In KR's case it has cost 90 jobs and volunteers their place and over 150 kids aged 5.16 have been told they are not wanted.
Cas and Bradford numbers I do not know, but doubt they differ much from KR.
Please sign the petition and lets get this stupidity overturned.
https://www.change.org/p/the-rugby-leag ... vImyor9VsI

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat May 22, 2021 5:56 pm

I've just signed the petition for you. Just watched Catalan beat St.Helens, so the only unbeaten record is Wigan's after a late Hastings drop goal squeaks us past Salford. Also surprised to see Warrington beat Castleford. Hope the petition gets this decision overturned.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Terrible first half not in the game. Mind you.
1 on 1 ball steal and pulled back for ???
Even more ???? Player kicked in the head and penalty given for headbutting the kickers boot.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 pm

We were crap.
The ref was worse.
The end.