Rugby League

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

EDJOHNS
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rugby League

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:59 am

By the way, hope you enjoy George playing for Cas. Not a flare player but you will get 100% every second he is on the pitch. The vast majority of us are sad he decided to leave after 9 years at KR.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:03 pm

I want Featherstone Rovers to win the Million Pound game, for no other reason that I’ve always liked their name; since I was a kid.
Tbh I don’t like foreign teams joining our league, I hope Cat do join their own French league eventually

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:32 pm

Well, it has been a long break.
Loving KR's fixture list. Away twice to both Saints and Wigwam and home to Wakey are our "loop" games. Certainly, nothing to fear from Wigwam and we will look forward to Saints as we ran them close last season when we played and they just took the games away in the last 10-15 minutes as injuries and tiredness crept in.
I seem to be amongst a very small minority looking forward to 2 trips to France this year. Sadly the first is on March 18th which is a tad early for the sun. The second is exactly a month later so should be warming up nicely.
Hearing a lot of angst from my city rivals. Such a shame for them !!!!!!
Just 4 weeks to our first friendly. Roll on.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 pm

Sorry Ed for missing you at the Magic Weekend, I couldn't read your pm's & I know Rob said you'd be in the old strikers bar, but I didn't know the time you'd be there. Some interesting developments in RL since I was last on here.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:53 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 pm
Sorry Ed for missing you at the Magic Weekend, I couldn't read your pm's & I know Rob said you'd be in the old strikers bar, but I didn't know the time you'd be there. Some interesting developments in RL since I was last on here.
For this year. I get there early as we always have to park at the Leazes and get round to the Gallowgate which takes me quite a while. I am always there before the bar opens and I leave to get into the ground for the first game. As with the vast majority of KR fans, I go into the Gallowgate both days.
As to the coming season, after last year hopes are high at Craven park, but we have already been hit by our yearly injury list with 5 of our top players going under the knife. The latest, so we only learned last week, is Will Dagger, who will have an operation next week on his knee. He is out until late Feb at best, so missing the main part of pre-season work, so we probably won't see him until late April at best.
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I do hope you have sorted the bet money to a Downs charity.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Will Dagger goes under the knife :D
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:03 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:09 pm
Will Dagger goes under the knife :D
Believe it or not, I had totally missed that 1. Made me laugh.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:23 pm

It's good to see Wakefield Trinity have been given permission to re-develop their Belle Vue Stadium. What is happening to Castleford's plan for a new stadium?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:23 pm
It's good to see Wakefield Trinity have been given permission to re-develop their Belle Vue Stadium. What is happening to Castleford's plan for a new stadium?
I saw that about Wakey the other day. I will believe it will happen when I see it. Maybe GR has said he will build it for them. If they want to develop any part of Belle View it should be the other side, but hey, like York at Botham, it is away fans so does not matter !!!!
As to Cas, shush, I want a few more trips to the jungle. Bluntly, I hope they never get the new ground, They will lose so much if they do.
Don't know what Rob thinks, but none of my Cas friends wants to leave the jungle. Get yourself there and you will understand.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Bad news for KR today as Brad Takarangi gets charged with drink driving..
Rumour has it he was going the wrong way at speed on the A63. Hoping that is Dullers crap stirring and not true.
If true that could very well be a prison sentence and in truth, I would have no sympathy.
Easily 1 of our best signings last season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 pm

You don't have much luck do you?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:18 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:48 pm
You don't have much luck do you?
We have lots of luck Pete. Sadly it is all bad.

There was a story at the old Craven Park of a gipsy woman cursing the club for some reason. It has been mentioned a lot the last 4-5 seasons.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:28 pm

I see the RFL are taking a strong line against sides postponing games due to covid outbreaks. Any side who can't fulfill a fixture will have a 0-48 score awarded against them. This will hit the smaller teams, as they won't have the squad to make up for players going down with covid. It will mean that sides will be forced to play youth or fringe players and there are going to be some real thumpings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59884125

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:00 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:28 pm
I see the RFL are taking a strong line against sides postponing games due to covid outbreaks. Any side who can't fulfill a fixture will have a 0-48 score awarded against them. This will hit the smaller teams, as they won't have the squad to make up for players going down with covid. It will mean that sides will be forced to play youth or fringe players and there are going to be some real thumpings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59884125
This rule was in place last season with a 24 point reversal, but it did not apply to all clubs. Neither Saints, Salford, Hull or Leigh who all should have faced the penalty v us and not 1 was actually hit with it.
Mind you I love your first bit, "The RFL are taking a strong line". They could not take a strong line to the ruddy toilet

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:34 am

A week to go to our first pre-season at Dewsbury. Can't wait Seems to have been a long old break

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:05 am

MATCH DAY.
It may only be a pre-season friendly at Dewsbury but,
Oh it feels good to say that !!!!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 am

A nice easy 60-12 win for KR last night.
You never want to get carried away by pre-season games, especially against lower sides, but we played well and deserved the ease of the win.
We have signed a couple of fast lads. Put them with the experience of such as SKD, Hall, and Crooks and we look like a decent squad.
Will have a better idea after we play Udders in a few days time.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:08 pm

A reasonably easy 24-18 win for KR today.
Looks a lot closer than it actually was as they ran in 12 points in the last couple of minutes after we sent on a few academy kids to make sure we did not get any injuries as we tired towards the end.
Micky Mouse was his usual self giving them 6 resets to our 1.
Played reasonably and we are going to put it over a few sides this year if we keep throwing the ball about as we did today.
Ony 4 dropped passes all game and all at Udders end so no problems.
Udders?
A dour side. Mc Gilvery has lost a lot of speed and has not a lot left. A shame to watch him as I always said I would like him at KR. I doubt he would make our 17 now.
Roll on a week on Friday.

Pete, I still have a spare seat going.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:02 pm

Oh, go on Pete, you'll be able to report back and make everyone's day!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:35 pm

Less than a week to go to kick-off of the new season. Sadly the Wigan game won't be on TV, so I'll have to listen to the commentary on the radio. :thumbdown:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:38 am

Wrong again Pete.
Sky TV Friday night!!!!
Half the Sky gear is already at CP. (Just been into the shop this morning to pick up my car park pass).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Ok sorry my mistake, at least I'll be able to see it when I've finished work for the day.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:29 pm

Great win over a disappointing HKR tonight. Some great individual performances and a great start for new coach Matt Peet and his assistant Lee Briers. :thumbup:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:41 am

A "Great win"? Jesus you don't half milk it.
4 times in the first half you got into our half of the pitch and 4 times you scored. Not with good rugby but with old fashioned kick and run. 2 x 60 yards and 1 x 40 yard in them. Plus a King dropped ball pounced on by Biby.
Second half again King dropped the ball and Biby pounces. Then Marshall goes from your line the length.
I am not saying you did not deserve to win, simply because we deserved to lose. George Lawler is going to be a big miss up the middle and the weather,(Baltic type winds), were not conducive to our style, which we simply never got going.
If you call that a "Great win", you are very easily satisfied because, in truth, that was 2 very poor sides out there last night. Both need a lot of improvement, and quickly, if either is to trouble the top 4 this season.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:01 am

HKR are usually very strong at home and you have passionate supporters, that make it very hard for away teams to get any results. So any positive result foe Wigan has to be seen as a great result. If we can combine our proven defensive performance and add a new cutting edge offensive performance, then we will go far. Having Jai Field fully fit, is like gaining an new signing & if we can have Field and French in the same side, then there pace will scare the living daylights out of many SL teams. Yes it was a first game of the season for both sides and Rome wasn't built in a day, but thinks look very encouraging for Wigan.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:01 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:01 am
HKR are usually very strong at home and you have passionate supporters, that make it very hard for away teams to get any results. So any positive result foe Wigan has to be seen as a great result. If we can combine our proven defensive performance and add a new cutting edge offensive performance, then we will go far. Having Jai Field fully fit, is like gaining an new signing & if we can have Field and French in the same side, then there pace will scare the living daylights out of many SL teams. Yes it was a first game of the season for both sides and Rome wasn't built in a day, but thinks look very encouraging for Wigan.
I agree with most of that. It was simply the word "great" I had a problem with.
By the way, you had 600 fans in CP and they made a noise from the first whistle to the end.
Small point, 1 of our lads is on report and we have no idea why yet,(Even your fans were puzzled), Farrell dragged Micky Lewis about long after the ref gave us a penalty because of his foul yet nothing at all done.
Again, it would be nice if ref's were consistent.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:07 am

Another great performance from Wigan last night & some fine individual performances, especially Jai Field. Have to say that we did get some favorable referee decisions, but the style of our play has completely changed & i think we'll be up near the top come the end of the season. Rob not a great start for Castleford?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Well we're nearly done with week 2. 100% records for St.Helens, Wigan, Warrington & Huddersfield, with Salford likely to continue there unbeaten start against Toulouse later on this afternoon. Great surprise to see Huddersfield doing so well. At the bottom without a point Wakefield, Leeds, Hull KR & Castleford, with Toulouse likely to join them this afternoon. Real surprise to see Leeds, Hull KR & Castleford without a point from the first 2 games, as they surely would have expected a stronger start to the season than they have had. It's very hard to catch up if you don't have a good start to the season, as the top sides rarely go on a bad run.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:10 pm

Another good win for Wigan, against a much improved Huddersfield. A 4 pointer tomorrow, as 2 of the basement teams fight for their first win, as Hull KR are at home to Castleford.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Cas sadly badly let down by their fans again tonight,
To many sherbets and causing a ruck for the second week on the trot. Lots of police and a couple of ambulances !!!

The team?
Think Radders had them wound up against the club he supports. 2 yellows and there could have been a red or 2 to go with them.
As I said when they went to 11. It will show in the later stages as they will tire. They did.