Now that's what call showing fighting spirit!!

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Now that's what call showing fighting spirit!!

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:57 am

Shock scenes from the Scottish Championship between Motherwell & Rangers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32953422

Rangers didn't deserve to go into the Scottish Premiership.

joejaques

Re: Now that's what call showing fighting spirit!!

Post by joejaques » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am

So what's new? It's Rangers, they've been doing it for half a century or more. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:06 pm

It makes Alan White look like a pussycat!! :D

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Shows how things change. I am not sure its worth the column inches it is getting - tempers flare after playoff final game - most on the players were breaking it up not getting involved.

I reckon I see at least 1 s/o for violent conduct like this every season on average. 1 in 40 games - how many matches are played around the country every Saturday? You are talking hundreds every single Saturday and just because there were TV cameras the police should be involved. If I got punched when I played it was acknowledgment that I had riled up my opponent so much that he lost it nothing more. I'd much rather be punched than a two footed leg breaker.

Rangers don't deserve to go up because they didn't win in the promotion system in place. They were probably the better side overall in the first leg but couldn't finish as clinically - but that is as much a part of football as creating chances - by the reverse they left themselves too open and lost comfortably.

To post that link with a follow up comment that they didn't deserve it is frankly petty.

DarloBear
Team Supported: Darlington / Rangers

Post by DarloBear » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:18 pm

You wouldn't want Darlo_Pete to actually post something sensible would you!

lo36789 pretty much summarised it perfectly and in the long run it may be of benefit not to have gone up this year as it'll give us time to get the right manager/team in place after the mistakes of the last 4 years.

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 pm

DarloBear wrote:You wouldn't want Darlo_Pete to actually post something sensible would you!

lo36789 pretty much summarised it perfectly and in the long run it may be of benefit not to have gone up this year as it'll give us time to get the right manager/team in place after the mistakes of the last 4 years.
Is the manager and team really the problem though - I thought that the off the field issues were and continue to be the biggest problem that Rangers face. Given the conditions he seemed to be working under, it seems harsh on McCoist - up to the season just finished at least.

By the way, shouldn't this be in the Terraces? Schoolboy error from a 6,000 post veteran!!!

DarloBear
Team Supported: Darlington / Rangers

Post by DarloBear » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Never forget that the first season McCoist was in charge we blew a lead of over 10 points before the penalty for going into admin was imposed so the writing was already on the wall that Ally wasn't going to hack it as a manager. The problems at the club ironically probably extended his stay.

Now that we have an element of stability off the field it is time for a total fresh start and I hope the new board see that keeping McCall is not the way forward - I only wish I knew who was!