Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Old Git » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 am
I started working for my current employer last year when I was 58 & if I keep my health I could have a 25 year for them. How many jobs these days could you start at 58 & have a 25 year with them, virtually none I would say.
Pete are you really saying you are thinking of working until you are 83 ?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 pm

No I haven't worked for the council for over 3 years.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 pm
No I haven't worked for the council for over 3 years.
Some would say a lot longer than that ;) :lol:

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:06 pm
QuakerPete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Old Git wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:17 pm
I do think that young adults that are beginning there working lives, will have to work until there mid 75's before they can draw a state pension.
Well heaven help them! How can you expect someone doing a manual job to work until 75 years and 6 months old? It’s OK for fat arsed pen pushers possibly but all it means for a lot of manual workers is they will become unemployed in their 60s due to health problems and then have to draw sickness benefits .
They’re not expecting everyone to work until they’re 75; they’re expecting many of you to die beforehand so they don’t have to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly this and now they are going to make it illegal for me to strike. For the hard of understanding that means my employer can do what ever it wants to me. When they’ve done that, they’ll start putting more and more in the ‘essential services” bracket. Once the Unions are crushed there’s no one left to look out for people. But hey, as long as Brexit gets done eh because people are politically illiterate and like to hear a soundbite.
If by striking you impact the service you are supposed to be providing to the general public it's a good thing that your right has been taken away hasn't it ?

It doesn't mean that you can't have an industrial dispute, it doesn't mean that you can't work to rule, it doesn't mean that you can't have union representatives and protest to / negotiate with the employer/companies/ government departments.

What it does mean is that for example the trains will have to run a minimum service so everyone else can get to work.

It should mean that the schools won't be able to be shut so that the teachers do what they are paid for (by the taxpayers!)

I don't see how anyone can disagree with that.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:45 pm
[quote="Fatty eats roadkill" post_id=456176 time=<a href="tel:1576591561">1576591561</a> user_id=2720]
[quote=QuakerPete post_id=456163 time=<a href="tel:1576533493">1576533493</a> user_id=94]
Old Git wrote:[quote=Darlo_Pete post_id=456161 time=<a href="tel:1576531074">1576531074</a> user_id=83]
I do think that young adults that are beginning there working lives, will have to work until there mid 75's before they can draw a state pension.
Well heaven help them! How can you expect someone doing a manual job to work until 75 years and 6 months old? It’s OK for fat arsed pen pushers possibly but all it means for a lot of manual workers is they will become unemployed in their 60s due to health problems and then have to draw sickness benefits .
They’re not expecting everyone to work until they’re 75; they’re expecting many of you to die beforehand so they don’t have to pay

[/quote]

Exactly this and now they are going to make it illegal for me to strike. For the hard of understanding that means my employer can do what ever it wants to me. When they’ve done that, they’ll start putting more and more in the ‘essential services” bracket. Once the Unions are crushed there’s no one left to look out for people. But hey, as long as Brexit gets done eh because people are politically illiterate and like to hear a soundbite.
[/quote]

If by striking you impact the service you are supposed to be providing to the general public it's a good thing that your right has been taken away hasn't it ?

It doesn't mean that you can't have an industrial dispute, it doesn't mean that you can't work to rule, it doesn't mean that you can't have union representatives and protest to / negotiate with the employer/companies/ government departments.

What it does mean is that for example the trains will have to run a minimum service so everyone else can get to work.

It should mean that the schools won't be able to be shut so that the teachers do what they are paid for (by the taxpayers!)

[/quote]
Working to rule is a form of unlawful industrial action which can bankrupt not just a union, even if they say don’t do it, but personally hold the person working to rule liable too for any company losses.
There are more than the trains to get to work.
I’m so glad that you think removing a fundamental human right to withdraw your Labour after jumping through all the hoops of the most draconian anti trade union law in the western world is fine, just remember this because when I lose that right, then there will always be someone else lined up to lose it, and lose it they will, and so it will perpetuate till there are no rights at all.
Further, how can you have industrial action if there is not the capability to strike as a last resort. You cannot. Therefore there is no point whatsoever. In reality you become a paid slave at the mercies of your employers every whim. Why would an employer listen when they know there is no comeback from their workforce? Instead of saying “I don’t have so you shouldn’t” the view should be “they have so I will fight for what they have, just like they did.”
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 am

Johnson’s first week and he’s :

Ditched protections on workers rights in the WAB,
Rows back on living wage pledge for low paid workers,
Hands judges power to overturn EU rulings on holiday entitlement, sick leave, & working hours,
Bans all out strikes on public transport (even though they are private employers. Mr Gibson told me and I quote directly from him “it’s not for me to comment on individual negotiations inside a company”.), yet he’s prepared to pass a law doing exactly that within hours of being sworn in as our MP.
Enjoy standing outside the factory gates begging for a days work because that is where we are heading. It’s as if the 20th Century didn’t exist regards work rights, yet the politically illiterate think it won’t affect them. Wrong, you are directly in the firing line. We are seen as the rats to their terriers!

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:46 am

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 am

Hands judges power to overturn EU rulings on holiday entitlement, sick leave, & working hours,
Bans all out strikes on public transport (even though they are private employers. Mr Gibson told me and I quote directly from him “it’s not for me to comment on individual negotiations inside a company”.), yet he’s prepared to pass a law doing exactly that within hours of being sworn in as our MP.
Enjoy standing outside the factory gates begging for a days work because that is where we are heading. It’s as if the 20th Century didn’t exist regards work rights, yet the politically illiterate think it won’t affect them. Wrong, you are directly in the firing line. We are seen as the rats to their terriers!
Well we all know you are a fanatical unionist, but who do you vote for? Me thinks labour, and quite far left. Here's a thought for you,
Apart from Blair, exactly how many labour leaders have actually WON a general election in the last 50 years?
Surely the fact that even when not liking what the Tories do people think the labour party are unelectable should tell you there is something people either don't trust, or don't like about the labour party.
The union fat cats became so full of their power that Thatcher had no option but smash them.(I noticed you did not try to defend any of those I named the other day). Sadly Blair was so weak he allowed them to gain a stranglehold again and they have been relentlessly taking while giving little back.
I feel sorry for people in closed shops. What sort of freedom of choice is that?
Thank God, (and I was not over keen before), we have a prime minister that is prepared to take the hard stand to get this country back to being proud of itself, and eventually able to afford a decent standard of living for all.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:40 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:46 am
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 am

Well we all know you are a fanatical unionist, but who do you vote for? Me thinks labour, and quite far left. Here's a thought for you,
Apart from Blair, exactly how many labour leaders have actually WON a general election in the last 50 years?
Surely the fact that even when not liking what the Tories do people think the labour party are unelectable should tell you there is something people either don't trust, or don't like about the labour party.
The union fat cats became so full of their power that Thatcher had no option but smash them.(I noticed you did not try to defend any of those I named the other day). Sadly Blair was so weak he allowed them to gain a stranglehold again and they have been relentlessly taking while giving little back.
I feel sorry for people in closed shops. What sort of freedom of choice is that?
Thank God, (and I was not over keen before), we have a prime minister that is prepared to take the hard stand to get this country back to being proud of itself, and eventually able to afford a decent standard of living for all.
Proof in your last sentence you do not proof read before pressing post.
Losing all those rights and by him reneging on his promises of a week ago does not deliver a decent standard of living to those on minimum wage. It is a proven fact that where there is Trade Union involvement that employer delivers better wages and a safer working environment. Further, closed shops are illegal so your attempt at that slur is not valid. Do keep up with the law and what is happening.
Last edited by Fatty eats roadkill on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
I feel sorry for your research skills. Closed shops are illegal and have been for, ooh, just the 29 years (since the 1990 Employment Act).

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:49 am

biccynana wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:42 am
EDJOHNS wrote:
I feel sorry for your research skills. Closed shops are illegal and have been for, ooh, just the 29 years (since the 1990 Employment Act).
Unfortunately some people are stuck in the 1970’s but like to throw that as an insult to those more up to speed with things. Luckily there are people still prepared to stand up and try and protect them, even though our heads should have fallen off with all the shaking of them in disbelief at their political illiteracy/downright brainwashed into believing a press owned by billionaire vested interests.
Ted has been rhyming on about making the young pay more to subsidise the old. Yet it’s the old that own the majority of the working wealth (property), but not on the scale that the rich own nearly ALL the wealth.
Ted is a buffoon, and one that is easily hoodwinked. The perfect target market for the Tories.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm
Norm_D_Ploom wrote:
[quote="Fatty eats roadkill" post_id=456176 time=<a href="tel:1576591561">1576591561</a> user_id=2720]
[quote=QuakerPete post_id=456163 time=<a href="tel:1576533493">1576533493</a> user_id=94]
Old Git wrote:[quote=Darlo_Pete post_id=456161 time=<a href="tel:1576531074">1576531074</a> user_id=83]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Working to rule is a form of unlawful industrial action which can bankrupt not just a union, even if they say don’t do it, but personally hold the person working to rule liable too for any company losses.
I’m so glad that you think removing a fundamental human right to withdraw your Labour after jumping through all the hoops of the most draconian anti trade union law in the western world is fine, just remember this because when I lose that right, then there will always be someone else lined up to lose it, and lose it they will, and so it will perpetuate till there are no rights at all.
Further, how can you have industrial action if there is not the capability to strike as a last resort. You cannot. Therefore there is no point whatsoever. In reality you become a paid slave at the mercies of your employers every whim. Why would an employer listen when they know there is no comeback from their workforce? Instead of saying “I don’t have so you shouldn’t” the view should be “they have so I will fight for what they have, just like they did.”
[/quote]

If you don't like your job, change it.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 am

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:11 am
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm
Norm_D_Ploom wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you don't like your job, change it.
[/quote]
I love my job, where have I said any different?
Be alright though, I can afford to survive this Government. Can many others?
Btw, it takes 3 years to train for my job, more than it takes to become a pilot. But hey ho, we are just uneducated and easily replaced. Why do you think there are massive cancellations on the railways? It’s not the staff, it’s the underfunding of staffing levels. They are trying to make overtime compulsory in law and not have days off, coupled to the fact that lorry drivers have more stringent rest breaks and driving hours than train drivers. Really safe eh?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:47 am

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:32 am
I love my job, where have I said any different?
Be alright though, I can afford to survive this Government. Can many others?
Btw, it takes 3 years to train for my job, more than it takes to become a pilot. But hey ho, we are just uneducated and easily replaced. Why do you think there are massive cancellations on the railways? It’s not the staff, it’s the underfunding of staffing levels. They are trying to make overtime compulsory in law and not have days off, coupled to the fact that lorry drivers have more stringent rest breaks and driving hours than train drivers. Really safe eh?
:clap: :clap: :clap: