joejaques
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coronavirus.

Post by joejaques » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:09 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:58 am
joejaques wrote:Just been announced that Boris has git the dreaded lurgi. Don't know if I should laugh or cry. :roll:
Laughing at someone having a virus which is killing thousands would say more about you than anything else.

Disagree with someone’s politics all you want, but let’s retain some semblance of humanity please.
Oh get off your bloody high horse man. Must you argue with everyone over every bloody subject you don't agree with.
I would lay odds many people gave a little chartle when they heard the news, and yes I was 1. That does not mean I wish him ill or I differ in politics, simply that I found it a tad ironic.
I would hope every right minded person would be upset at the near 300 deaths in the UK yesterday and the over 800 in Spain, but where possible we need to find something to smile at in life. The fact your oh so righteous sense of humor differs from Joe's is probably to his benefit.
Leave him alone ED, if he's having a pop at me, he's leaving somebody else alone. :D :roll:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm

I don't see how anyone could fail to see the irony in BJ getting the virus. I don't wish him ill at all, but my first thought when I heard the news was I hope a few of the fools learn from this. Just yesterday people were arguing on a selling site that "It can be sorted so we are safe" when going to peoples houses to buy things!!!!
One would hope the fact BJ does not have to go to Tesco's for his shopping, fight their way via public transport to work, or any of the other things mere mortals have to do to survive, yet he still gets the virus would make even the most stupid rethink.
That was what I smiled at, not the actuality of his catching it. Again, I would think most who smiled had similar thoughts. Not that they are happy he is ill.
It both saddens me, and annoys me, that this self professed arbiter of all that is allowed and right both can't see that and also has the audacity to think he is so superior to anyone else.
Basically, he just gets right up my nose.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Ed get off Boris's back, he's doing a great job in a very trying situation.

Went shopping in town today & it was good to see that there was plenty of stock in a couple of supermarkets I visited. Hopefully people will stop panic buying, but somehow I doubt it.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:27 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm
I don't see how anyone could fail to see the irony in BJ getting the virus. I don't wish him ill at all, but my first thought when I heard the news was I hope a few of the fools learn from this. Just yesterday people were arguing on a selling site that "It can be sorted so we are safe" when going to peoples houses to buy things!!!!
One would hope the fact BJ does not have to go to Tesco's for his shopping, fight their way via public transport to work, or any of the other things mere mortals have to do to survive, yet he still gets the virus would make even the most stupid rethink.
That was what I smiled at, not the actuality of his catching it. Again, I would think most who smiled had similar thoughts. Not that they are happy he is ill.
It both saddens me, and annoys me, that this self professed arbiter of all that is allowed and right both can't see that and also has the audacity to think he is so superior to anyone else.
But any regular visitor to this board knew that already. He's got a crocodile complex, bites at anything. :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm
The numbers in Darlington are beginning to edge up worringly, now 14 confirmed cases is Darlington.
It will double every 3 days.

Darlogramps

Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:58 am
joejaques wrote:Just been announced that Boris has git the dreaded lurgi. Don't know if I should laugh or cry. :roll:
Laughing at someone having a virus which is killing thousands would say more about you than anything else.

Disagree with someone’s politics all you want, but let’s retain some semblance of humanity please.
Oh get off your bloody high horse man. Must you argue with everyone over every bloody subject you don't agree with.
I would lay odds many people gave a little chartle when they heard the news, and yes I was 1. That does not mean I wish him ill or I differ in politics, simply that I found it a tad ironic.
I would hope every right minded person would be upset at the near 300 deaths in the UK yesterday and the over 800 in Spain, but where possible we need to find something to smile at in life. The fact your oh so righteous sense of humor differs from Joe's is probably to his benefit.
Still not got over your obsession with me Ted? Keep trying, can’t be good for your blood pressure.

I tend to find baiting insecure bully-boys who bullshit about buying football clubs gives me a little smile in life.

Maybe you could make a donation to the NHS. After all, you must have millions tucked away which you didn’t spend on buying the club!

Come on Ted, do your bit to help out!
Last edited by Darlogramps on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlogramps

Coronavirus.

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 am

joejaques wrote:
EDJOHNS wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm
But any regular visitor to this board knew that already. He's got a crocodile complex, bites at anything. :roll:
Enjoying your time with your new BFF joejaques?

Unsurprising that someone who finds people contracting life-threatening viruses hilarious would also enjoy the company of a comically-deluded narcissist like dear old Ted.

Perhaps you two could have a Zoom call together.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:26 pm
Ed get off Boris's back, he's doing a great job in a very trying situation.

Went shopping in town today & it was good to see that there was plenty of stock in a couple of supermarkets I visited. Hopefully people will stop panic buying, but somehow I doubt it.
Reread my comment mate. I totally agree he is doing a good job, (and I have said so more than once), It is simply a case of so many fools on selling pages when told they should not be selling arguments set off saying, "We can find a safe way to do it".
BJ catching the virus has to be 100% proof to any fruit loop that there is NO safe way.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 pm

24 cases now in the Darlington area, which makes us the 7th lowest local authority area in England.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 pm
24 cases now in the Darlington area, which makes us the 7th lowest local authority area in England.
Is that 7th lowest per head of population?
If not probably doesn’t mean that much as I would think Darlington is one of the least populated local authorities and you would expect it to be a low figure.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Old Git wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:30 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 pm
Is that 7th lowest per head of population?
If not probably doesn’t mean that much as I would think Darlington is one of the least populated local authorities and you would expect it to be a low figure.
Nope it's just the 7th lowest numbers in a local authority area. Of the 6 below us, Hartlepool & Rutland have a lower population than us.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Figures for the Darlington area are beginning to shoot up, as there are 106 confirmed cases in our area. The total number of deaths is equivalent to the population of Shildon losing their lives. Sadly where I live people are ignoring what people are told to do.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:56 am

Football royalty now affected. Both Kenny Dalglish and Norman Hunter now hospitalised. Get well soon both.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:22 am

Really worrying that in South Korea, they are saying that 91 people previously infected with Coronavirus & were cleared of the disease, have now got the disease back. So dashing the hopes that people who have had the Coronavirus, have got immunity from the disease.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 am

The first 4 recorded cases in my village this week, and sadly, the first death. 1 of the dog walking fraternity I passed regularly on our morning walks.
She was only early 40's and leaves 3 children from 12 down to about 6 as well as a husband.
Hope "Bites yer legs" and King Kenny recover. With the number of rich and good being reported as catching and dying from it this virus is certainly no respecter of age and beauty.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:49 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:22 am
Really worrying that in South Korea, they are saying that 91 people previously infected with Coronavirus & were cleared of the disease, have now got the disease back. So dashing the hopes that people who have had the Coronavirus, have got immunity from the disease.
Except they don't know if it's reinfection or reactivation, or even false test results at this stage.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:58 am

al_quaker wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:49 am
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:22 am
Except they don't know if it's reinfection or reactivation, or even false test results at this stage.
It's still got to be a major concern, until it's proved otherwise.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Norman Hunter has passed away from this damned virus. RIP :(

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 pm

The news is in grim with 14576 people losing there lives in Britain, this is equivalent to losing the total population of Houghton Le Spring.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The news is in grim with 14576 people losing there lives in Britain, this is equivalent to losing the total population of Houghton Le Spring.
And that’s without the large number of deaths in care homes and the community at large

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Clearly things aren't going to get better any time soon, as now 17366 people have lost their lives in the UK hospitals, that's more people than live in Guisborough. Quite a stark fact.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:20 am

Unhappily I had to spend much of yesterday in Cramlington hospital. Thankfully after refusing to be admitted I was allowed home late last night.
I have to say never in all my years have I been into a hospital with an atmosphere such as I encountered yesterday. You could virtually chew on the fear it was so palpable. Yet even so, in the hour and a half I tried to sit out of the way in the waiting area so many people passing me far closer than 6' away and with no protective gear on whatever, when in fact there was no need for them to get so close.
1 of the staff who did some work on me was a quite chatty bloke and I said I feel sorry for them, he had a great attitude but added the rider that before it is done with we will all 100% of us have the virus. Hard thinking !!!

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:37 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:36 pm
Clearly things aren't going to get better any time soon, as now 17366 people have lost their lives in the UK hospitals, that's more people than live in Guisborough. Quite a stark fact.
The FT have now added weekly figures from outside of hospitals (currently not counted for some reason) including care homes and home deaths and they give a "conservative" figure of around 41,000 virus deaths. They say they're going to refine their figures regularly based on these weekly stats from the ONS (Office for National Statistics).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:28 pm

People who have lost their lives to the Coronavirus in hospitals now exceeds the population of Spennymoor, very sombre news.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:00 pm

More people have sadly lost their lives in hospital to this virus, than live in Yarm & Eaglescliffe combined. :cry:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:54 pm

With all deaths associated with the Coronavirus, the new total exceeds the populations of Bishop Auckland or Consett or Newton Aycliffe or Thornaby.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Impressive achievement to have managed over 100k tests per day by the end of April. I must say I think Matt Hancock has done an excellent job, in a very difficult situation.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Impressive achievement to have managed over 100k tests per day by the end of April. I must say I think Matt Hancock has done an excellent job, in a very difficult situation.
Yes, because they've changed the way 'tests' are counted to now include those sent out by post.

At least they're not just counting tests in hospitals though Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri May 01, 2020 5:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:31 pm
Impressive achievement to have managed over 100k tests per day by the end of April. I must say I think Matt Hancock has done an excellent job, in a very difficult situation.
Yes impressive figure indeed.
What a pity 10 years of Austerity had left us so badly prepared in the first place.
Very much hope that no future government leaves us in such a poor position in the future.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 01, 2020 5:44 pm

Sadly the total death toll, now exceeds the populations of Cramlington or Peterlee, quite decent sized towns. It really brings it home how tragic this has been for the nation.