Woodgate Sacked

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Woodgate Sacked

Post by Old Git » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 am

Has paid the price for Boro’s poor season. Saturday was obviously the final straw for Gibson. Warnock takes over and he could just be the man to shake them up. They badly need a lift.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Woodgate Sacked

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Hoped he'd remain at Boro to take them down. Was a terrible appointment, as he had no experience, a case of the heart ruling the head.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:03 pm

Sad when anyone gets sacked but NW is a good shout for Boro.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Hoped he'd remain at Boro to take them down. Was a terrible appointment, as he had no experience, a case of the heart ruling the head.
Went way down IMO when he recalled Tyrone days before the Walsall game just to sit on the bench and denied the lad the biggest game of his career.Shocking decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:33 pm

I wonder if this news improves the chances of O'Neill leaving Boro & coming here?

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:35 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:06 pm
Darlo_Pete wrote:Hoped he'd remain at Boro to take them down. Was a terrible appointment, as he had no experience, a case of the heart ruling the head.
Went way down IMO when he recalled Tyrone days before the Walsall game just to sit on the bench and denied the lad the biggest game of his career.Shocking decision.

Can't agree. It was his job to do what he thought best for Boro. Sad for the lad and us but that is simply the problem you can hit by using the loan system.

Darlogramps

Woodgate Sacked

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:33 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Disagree. We’ve done it to other clubs in the past.

Ultimately he’s Middlesbrough’s player so they can do what they like. They did it for genuine reasons (they needed injury cover), and it certainly wasn’t done out of spite. If Alun Armstrong was in Woodgate’s position, he’d have made exactly the same call.

That’s the problem with loans (or indeed non-contracted players), they can depart at any point without the club being able to do anything.

All clubs in that situation can do is get on with it.

As for Woodgate, it is a shame, but clearly a change needed to be made. Would say Boro should have done it sooner. Waiting three months during lockdown, then one game after the restart disposing of him doesn’t strike me as a club that knows what it’s doing.

We always want more young, homegrown managers so it’s a shame it hasn’t worked out for him.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am

Good to see that despite a blip, Warnock has carried on from were Woodgate left off. The only question is whether Barnsley & or Luton can catch Boro.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am
Good to see that despite a blip, Warnock has carried on from were Woodgate left off. The only question is whether Barnsley & or Luton can catch Boro.
Well Luton and Barnsley play each other tonight so a great opportunity for one of them to put Boro under even more pressure.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm

I think Barnsley have a better chance of overhauling them, so hopefully they'll win. For me the worst result would be a draw, which might relieve the pressure on them & Warnock.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:51 am

Pete, why so much hatred for Boro? I get that Carlisle were more or less always at our level and there was a lot of aggro between the 2 clubs, but Boro?
Sorry, don't get it.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:03 pm

What on earth is happening at Wigan 7-0 up at half time against Hull, bad news potentially for Boro. :wtf:

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:03 pm
What on earth is happening at Wigan 7-0 up at half time against Hull, bad news potentially for Boro. :wtf:
Thank God I am a KR not city fan !!!!