Harry and Megan

Talk about anything you want in here.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Old Git
Team Supported: Darlington

Harry and Megan

Post by Old Git » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Lots of varying opinions on the infamous interview with Oprah. Personally I am not a big royalist but like a lot of people have great respect for the Queen. Feel sorry for her with Prince Philip in hospital and all the fallout from the interview.
I tend to believe that Megan is looking for excuses to justify her decision to quit the Royal Family and even by her own admission had no idea what her role in the Firm was going to entail. Harry seems a bit dim to me and should have done more to prepare her for what was expected. In retrospect she was a poor choice of partner for him but the bloke seems utterly besotted with her. She is a shrewd operator and has manipulated him into a position where he is cut off from his own family. I fear it will not end well for him.
Of course if it can be shown that some people’s behaviour towards her was racially motivated then that is completely unacceptable but is there any clear evidence of that? Seems all smoke and mirrors to me.

lo36789

Re: Harry and Megan

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:54 pm

I think there is pretty clear evidence that the tabloid press have reported on her in a completely different manner to Kate.

Can it ever be proven why nope but that is unfortunately the nature of systemic racism. It could equally be xenophobia, or good old fashioned misogyny who knows. They do have history with independent women at the heart of the monarchy after all.

Harry has always declared a hatred for the UK press, and long before he knew Meghan made out he would like to just get away from all of it. It's a nice narrative though to blame the controlling wife.

I am not for or against the royal family. My perspective before the interview is that they are an opaque, sanitised, often out of touch and old fashioned institution - and that hasn't changed. As long as they are a net contributor though I don't actively mind them keeping their jobs though - they are a living relic. I don't think any of them are personally bad people.

I actually think the issues raised. Particularly racism, tabloid bias and misinformation and mental health are really powerful. It would have been great if the fall out had been a discussion about people's life experiences with them, but instead making it about the individuals and purely a "believe or not believe" means that it is shut down once again.

It is almost deliberate that Piers Morgan made the debate about her. Imagine who could have been in the crosshairs if the spotlight had been turned on the behaviour of tabloid journalists and editors...

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:02 am

I thought very differently Old Git. While I have avoided newspapers for years because of the false info' dependant on who or what they support I have seem "news" coverage on TV that always seemed to have a downer on Megan from day 1. If that is colour, past job, or simple dislike I know not.
Her interview came over as she did not know exactly how much she could or should say and when Harry joined in I thought he looked as if he wanted to say much more but he always pulled back. To me he had a look of fear as to what may happen if they opened up too much.
After what happened to his mam I would not blame him for that or for the fact he detests the press.
As to the suggestion he is under her thumb, if being totally in love with his wife and wanting the very best for her is being under the thumb or manipulated then I am all for it.
Do I believe the allegations? 100% yes. The only shock was when he said it was not Philip who has a history for being long on tongue and short on brain.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:36 am

ED I did not say he was under the thumb but I did say she is a shrewd operator and has manipulated him into the position he now finds himself in. As I am sure you will agree any successful partnership works best when both partners are prepared to give and take. Harry has given a lot for this relationship not sure the same can be said of Megan. It maybe that he is happy to distance himself from the rest of the Family for the sake of his wife but lets hope for his sake it works out for him. Megan appears to have a history of getting what she wants from people and then moving on so if I were him I would not want to burn too many bridges.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Sorry mate. Have seen a few "under the thumbs".
I think he is a lot stronger willed than many give him credit for, but I agree with what you said in your reply.
Only time will tell. What we can be sure of is that the more the press hound her the more he will dig in and defend her. No matter what.

Struth! Ted is Ed

Post by Struth! Ted is Ed » Tue May 25, 2021 9:45 am

EDJOHNS wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:49 pm
Sorry mate. Have seen a few "under the thumbs".
I think he is a lot stronger willed than many give him credit for, but I agree with what you said in your reply.
Only time will tell. What we can be sure of is that the more the press hound her the more he will dig in and defend her. No matter what.
Are you his dad Forster?

Bangin tits on megan imo
Can you watch farmyard frolics on an S4? :wtf:

Ed Ted Forster John's bullshitting since birth :thumbdown:

Still no zoomcall?????? :lol:

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:47 am

For a minute I thought they were two new signings!

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:37 am

With their eye for publicity and ability to spin a story perhaps we could employ them on our media team.